• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to start talking with our money

And he’ll still beat up your favorite fighters while making over a million for it.

<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

I don't hate Jon Jones. He's an incredible talent that could likely win all his fights without cheating, but he does. I hate the actions, not the person.

My issue is the UFC and Jon Jones putting out this cover story over another failed test. Since them we've learned he's failed multiple tests. Jon can beat up every favorite fighter of mine and I couldn't give a rats ass, but he has to do it without cheating.

sent UFC an extra $150k out of the goodness of my heart for the privilege of watching the goat once again

thanks for the advice, TS

He's a great fighter. I'm not arguing that. I'm discussing how the UFC treats it's fan with horseshit cover stories.

Probably true, but for some reason is allowed to be talked about here when fighter bashing isn't.
Fighter bashing is the meat and potatoes of Sherdog. Jon Jones is on the juice! Conor McGregor sucks!

1. Good god, who is buying UFC merchandise?

2. Any time a card has fights I want to see, I'll buy a PPV. So, when Jon Jones fights, I'm watching. Early fight fans may have had too much testosterone and not enough brain cells, but the new wave of entitled pussies is not a good look either.

In the wake of UFC 232, there are some crystal-clear takeaways:

- The UFC thinks the average fan are idiots. Dana White shilled for Jon Jones to be able to fight because they needed a big event to close out the year.

- Jon Jones has repeatedly failed drug tests for months because of trace amounts that keep going up. That's re ingestion. Jon and his brothers are masters at using PEDS to increase their performance. I have no doubt if something is lingering in his system, it's because a designer PED isn't being flagged but a component is.

- Fighters themselves aren't buying the company line. Werdum has requested his release from the company, and I guarantee we'll see more.

The only people that can change the sport are the fans. If we stand up and say we're not going to pay for PPV or merch until this is fixed, eventually the UFC will have to take notice. They've already shown what they will do to end a fiscal year on a positive note so it's not out of the realm of reason to believe if revenues dip far enough, changes will come.

Do I think Dana White needs to go? Yes. 100%. This latest incident shows he doesn't care about the fans like he says he does. He cares about the bottom line and that's it. In a business requiring relationships to succeed for it to succeed, having someone like Dana as the front man has diminishing returns. He was great at building the sport, but it's time to hand it off to someone capable of taking it far past being the teenage red headed stepchild of a stock portfolio. It's time to hand it off to someone who will draw a hard line in the sand and never let anyone step over it in relation to PEDs.

I spoke with my money this past weekend. I didn't purchase the PPV because I didn't want to help Jon Jones make money by cheating. Until something changes, I won't spend another cent on UFC merchandise or PPVs. They've lost me as a customer because they tried to treat me like a child with this whole fiasco.

Will you make any changes regarding your UFC spending habits?

I hear you man... The UFC is pushing a strange new narrative and they get away with it by way of state athletic commissions. I won't miss events on account of Juicy Jon headlining cards, if there are other great fights to watch on those cards.

State government and their athletic commissions have to change their minds, ban cheaters and issue big time fines, before the UFC can be hurt. Much like California, other commissions can be completely in the dark while issuing licenses. Call them, write them email them.

Most of you motherfuckers stream the shit anyhow....

People still watch Football and Basketball for fucks sake. I'm sure they'll keep watching no matter what.

The NFL did get worried for a while with the people boycotting them for the national anthem debacle, but that seems to have disappeared and the mass of idiots are tuning in yet again.

WME and ESPN are on a sure path to ruining the UFC for us hardcore fans of the sport that have been watching forever, but apparently they don't give a shit and they have a whole new generation coming in that will pretty much take anything up the ass.

I just want to watch some bad ass motherfuckers fight.
I get that there's a bunch of people who want to take the morally superior route and that's cool. I just can't be bothered by it. I especially can't be bothered by something that I'm completely ignorant of. For all I know, we could be making a big deal out of a practice that makes a fighter .5% better than his otherwise non-PEDing self. That's not an advantage I'm willing to fight over.

I spent all my christmas money on catnip. so don't have any left, they wont be getting any money from me, so not to worry TS ;)

Middle aged sherdog fanboys choosing to stream doesn’t hurt PPV buys that much.

Sports Bars and Casual fans are the ones who bring in the money. And they will continue to do so.

Exactly.
Some crybabies on a MMA forum wouldn't make a 1% dent into ppv numbers.

I see more bars showing UFC than it dropping off.

- The UFC thinks the average fan are idiots. Dana White shilled for Jon Jones to be able to fight because they needed a big event to close out the year.

- Jon Jones has repeatedly failed drug tests for months because of trace amounts that keep going up. That's re ingestion. Jon and his brothers are masters at using PEDS to increase their performance. I have no doubt if something is lingering in his system, it's because a designer PED isn't being flagged but a component is.

- Fighters themselves aren't buying the company line. Werdum has requested his release from the company, and I guarantee we'll see more.

The only people that can change the sport are the fans. If we stand up and say we're not going to pay for PPV or merch until this is fixed, eventually the UFC will have to take notice. They've already shown what they will do to end a fiscal year on a positive note so it's not out of the realm of reason to believe if revenues dip far enough, changes will come.

Do I think Dana White needs to go? Yes. 100%. This latest incident shows he doesn't care about the fans like he says he does. He cares about the bottom line and that's it. In a business requiring relationships to succeed for it to succeed, having someone like Dana as the front man has diminishing returns. He was great at building the sport, but it's time to hand it off to someone capable of taking it far past being the teenage red headed stepchild of a stock portfolio. It's time to hand it off to someone who will draw a hard line in the sand and never let anyone step over it in relation to PEDs.

I spoke with my money this past weekend. I didn't purchase the PPV because I didn't want to help Jon Jones make money by cheating. Until something changes, I won't spend another cent on UFC merchandise or PPVs. They've lost me as a customer because they tried to treat me like a child with this whole fiasco.

Good job, TS. While I don't agree with all your conclusions I fully support your choice to boycott a product you find inferior.

Prepare to be attacked ruthlessly though. Sherdog, for whatever reason, seemingly despises the consumer.

You’re aware of why werdum asked to be released?

Do you believe the 3 experts who submitted statements to csac are lying? If so, why?

Good job, TS. While I don't agree with all your conclusions I fully support your choice to boycott a product you find inferior.

Prepare to be attacked ruthlessly though. Sherdog, for whatever reason, seemingly despises the consumer.
Well he’s free to do whatever he wants. We can challenge is reasoning, since he provided his.

People still watch Football and Basketball for fucks sake. I'm sure they'll keep watching no matter what.

The NFL did get worried for a while with the people boycotting them for the national anthem debacle, but that seems to have disappeared and the mass of idiots are tuning in yet again.

WME and ESPN are on a sure path to ruining the UFC for us hardcore fans of the sport that have been watching forever, but apparently they don't give a shit and they have a whole new generation coming in that will pretty much take anything up the ass.
What does ruining things entail? We lived through pride and early ufc and now it’s being ruined? How?

The average UFC fan is a fucking idiot. The average fan doesn't come to Sherdog, and even Sherdog has its share of idiots. If this entire forum boycotted buying UFC events, it wouldn't even make a dent in the PPV numbers.

Back