• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to start talking with our money

DeathFist

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In the wake of UFC 232, there are some crystal-clear takeaways:

- The UFC thinks the average fan are idiots. Dana White shilled for Jon Jones to be able to fight because they needed a big event to close out the year.

- Jon Jones has repeatedly failed drug tests for months because of trace amounts that keep going up. That's re ingestion. Jon and his brothers are masters at using PEDS to increase their performance. I have no doubt if something is lingering in his system, it's because a designer PED isn't being flagged but a component is.

- Fighters themselves aren't buying the company line. Werdum has requested his release from the company, and I guarantee we'll see more.

The only people that can change the sport are the fans. If we stand up and say we're not going to pay for PPV or merch until this is fixed, eventually the UFC will have to take notice. They've already shown what they will do to end a fiscal year on a positive note so it's not out of the realm of reason to believe if revenues dip far enough, changes will come.

Do I think Dana White needs to go? Yes. 100%. This latest incident shows he doesn't care about the fans like he says he does. He cares about the bottom line and that's it. In a business requiring relationships to succeed for it to succeed, having someone like Dana as the front man has diminishing returns. He was great at building the sport, but it's time to hand it off to someone capable of taking it far past being the teenage red headed stepchild of a stock portfolio. It's time to hand it off to someone who will draw a hard line in the sand and never let anyone step over it in relation to PEDs.

I spoke with my money this past weekend. I didn't purchase the PPV because I didn't want to help Jon Jones make money by cheating. Until something changes, I won't spend another cent on UFC merchandise or PPVs. They've lost me as a customer because they tried to treat me like a child with this whole fiasco.

Will you make any changes regarding your UFC spending habits?

Can I talk to your money? I'm broke.

Will never pay a dime for any card Roid Rat mains.

Middle aged sherdog fanboys choosing to stream doesn’t hurt PPV buys that much.

Sports Bars and Casual fans are the ones who bring in the money. And they will continue to do so.

A noble sentiment, but the vast majority of Sherdoggers don't buy PPVs anyway.

sent UFC an extra $150k out of the goodness of my heart for the privilege of watching the goat once again

thanks for the advice, TS

Will never pay a dime for any card Roid Rat mains.

That's all fine and well to boycott Jon Jones' fights, but what about the culture change within the organization? I think the only way to make Dana truly care is by hurting his $400M stock portfolio.

It's going to take more than just boycotting Jones.

I told my buddies that Liberals were boycotting UFC 232 so not only did they go out of their way to buy it, but also told everyone they knew to buy it as well. :cool:

Ts is

tenor.gif

Power to the basement dwellers.

Corn Flake Crew unite.

Middle aged sherdog fanboys choosing to stream doesn’t hurt PPV buys that much.

Sports Bars and Casual fans are the ones who bring in the money. And they will continue to do so.

They still might purchase merchandise which they can avoid doing until changes happen. There's more than one way to speak with your money.

And he’ll still beat up your favorite fighters while making over a million for it.

<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>
And he's still a pathologically cheating POS who will have a permanent * next to his entire career. lol

But keep garglin them nuts son.

lol no one buys PPVs here stop making these threads.

Most of the people that post here don't buy anyway.

A noble sentiment, but the vast majority of Sherdoggers don't buy PPVs anyway.

Probably true, but for some reason is allowed to be talked about here when fighter bashing isn't.

Isn't 232 rumored to have done underwhelming buys, short of UFC expectations

I havent purchased anything from the UFC since I ordered their hot dog brander, tbh. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...shame on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back