Time to put your money where you mouth is and donate to Bernie

Got to start somewhere. I know plenty of people, myself included who have plans to retire early and live off their investments. Just because you're a worker now is no reason to give up on bettering yourself
So what? Let's say everything goes well for you and you retire early. The next generation has to inherit the world.

If the middle class is shrinking every generation, the chances that they do as well as you did are decreasing.

Are you happy with that situation?

(Not to mention, what we should be talking about more than the economy, which is, of course, the environment.)

Your usage of "capitalist" is both arbitrary and incorrect; you can't just claim to be using it "differently". Speak to any political theorist and they will tell you the same.

You are conflating (very) rich with capitalist. That is a mistake, and frankly one which many on the left deliberately push in order to convince ordinary citizens invested in the system that the system is stacked against them and that giving yet more power to the state (and the largely privileged types who run said state) will somehow benefit them.

As you have already conceded problems like unfair lobbying, corruption, corporate malfeasance and anti-competitive business practices are not a left-right issue. Just be honest with what your aims are instead of proffering a bullshit argument that peeps running their own businesses earning hundreds of thousands a year are somehow "workers".

Your belief doesn't make it so - and the rejection of said fatuous notion has occurred numerous times across the west. Take Labour here in the UK - they had a flagship tax reform policy that they claimed would result in anyone earning over £80k (as direct income) paying more tax, but that anyone earning under wouldn't be affected.
Even if you take that as true (which I and the and majority of people don't) what they deliberately downplayed was that this didn't apply to the self employed or business owners: all of whom would lose certain tax deductions and breaks. So myself as a small business owner (who employs others and contributes both to the general economy through service usage and to the taxman through VAT/employers NI/corporate taxes etc) would pay far more than someone who is salaried but makes a similar amount annually, despite the fact that I take far greater risks and contribute far more to the wider economy. So my best interests in terms of tax and regulation align more with other business owners (regardless of size) than with salaried employees.

Why not just say "nuh-uh"?

That seems to be a far more efficient way to make your argument, or should I say lack of one.

Poor schmucks like you have the most reason to be voting for Bernie, ultimately you end up being side-tracked by some anti-SJW issue and vote against your own self-interest.

Yep, I was poor no doubt. Grandma hustling and hiding beef under the toilet of our house, grandfather in prison for being anti communist, and two parents with professional degrees in medicine making the equivalent of $35 a month. That’s about a dollar a day. Now I have more than enough...more than I could have ever imagined in my wildest dreams and I am eternally grateful everyday to this country. But you’d have to be mentally challenged to give any of your money to any politician, sorry if this makes you emotional over your fake communist savior

Your usage of "capitalist" is both arbitrary and incorrect; you can't just claim to be using it "differently". Speak to any political theorist and they will tell you the same.

You are conflating (very) rich with capitalist. That is a mistake, and frankly one which many on the left deliberately push in order to convince ordinary citizens invested in the system that the system is stacked against them and that giving yet more power to the state (and the largely privileged types who run said state) will somehow benefit them.

As you have already conceded problems like unfair lobbying, corruption, corporate malfeasance and anti-competitive business practices are not a left-right issue. Just be honest with what your aims are instead of proffering a bullshit argument that peeps running their own businesses earning hundreds of thousands a year are somehow "workers".

Your belief doesn't make it so - and the rejection of said fatuous notion has occurred numerous times across the west. Take Labour here in the UK - they had a flagship tax reform policy that they claimed would result in anyone earning over £80k (as direct income) paying more tax, but that anyone earning under wouldn't be affected.
Even if you take that as true (which I and the and majority of people don't) what they deliberately downplayed was that this didn't apply to the self employed or business owners: all of whom would lose certain tax deductions and breaks. So myself as a small business owner (who employs others and contributes both to the general economy through service usage and to the taxman through VAT/employers NI/corporate taxes etc) would pay far more than someone who is salaried but makes a similar amount annually, despite the fact that I take far greater risks and contribute far more to the wider economy. So my best interests in terms of tax and regulation align more with other business owners (regardless of size) than with salaried employees.

Political theorists offer new definitions of words all the time. Not to mention, a large part of politics is about framing. But if it makes you happy, call the capitalists in my original definition the "uber-capitalists", the professionals/tradesmen/landlords the "wannabe capitalists", and everyone else "plebs" or "lemmings", as you're probably prone to doing.

And the rest of what you're saying is inane, no offense.

For the "uber-capitalists" to survive/thrive, all they have to do is move money around. The professionals / entrepreneurs still have to work to survive. If they stop working, their comfort evaporates fairly quickly. One feature of modern times is that the buffer between the "plebs" and the "wannabe capitalists" is getting smaller and smaller. More and more, this "us" vs. "them" mentality is becoming an accurate paradigm. The number of good jobs in existence to support a professional class has been shrinking for a long time. Wealth inequality is moving to near record levels, political inequality might be even greater. This is a perfectly valid way to look at things from a politics / organizing point of view.

What I'm NOT saying is that everyone's interests are EXACTLY in line, which is what you seem to think I believe.

Why can't we all band together, all of us non "uber-capitalists", and say, screw them, let's pursue policy for OUR collective benefit? Our numbers vs. their money, we win every time.

The alternative is the rich will use the same old tactics of "divide and conquer", and we're going to continue getting screwed.

done.
6V7xzJp.jpg
Hey not cool man. Every time you post that, Bernie takes another $2.70 out of my account.

Thanks OP I was slipping..in for $27 because even though Bernie is not interested in overthrowing capitalism he is currently the best candidate to wake people the fuck up in this county

Parts of Europe are moving to shorter work weeks as the capitalists suck every drop of blood from our working class here

Allegedly one of Bernie's field organizers. Watch whole video. Jordan Peterson has spoken often of this sort of thinking. The views of the gentleman in this video are far more pervasive than soft Lefties would care to acknowledge.

Unironically linking Charlie Kirk citing project veritas with a Jordan Peterson reference.. that's a bingo

Did Peterson talk about this before or after a small amount of apple cider vinegar sent him into a manic episode lasting a month?

Unironically linking Charlie Kirk citing project veritas with a Jordan Peterson reference.. that's a bingo

Did Peterson talk about this before or after a small amount of apple cider vinegar sent him into a manic episode lasting a month?

you disapprove. noted. Watch the video anyway.

you disapprove. noted. Watch the video anyway.
Do other countries offer free college to their citizens so they dont become nazis?

Because whatever you're linking are certainly not the first thoughts on why it is beneficial to a society to have its people educated

Allegedly one of Bernie's field organizers. Watch whole video. Jordan Peterson has spoken often of this sort of thinking. The views of the gentleman in this video are far more pervasive than soft Lefties would care to acknowledge.

Yes because Bernie reveals his secret plans of world domination to friggin junior campaigners.

He had his entire life to do something nefarious, and you're saying all of a sudden he's going to go rogue in his 78th year of living?

Give me a break.

You need to reevaluate your view of what constitutes a reasonable basis for believing something. One guy saying something, somewhere, is not a reasonable basis to make a conclusion on Bernie.

Last edited:
Poor schmucks like you have the most reason to be voting for Bernie, ultimately you end up being side-tracked by some anti-SJW issue and vote against your own self-interest.
Why would I ,as a middle class working stiff, vote for Bernie Sanders? I have excellent health care at work. What do I look forward to with Bernie Sanders except for more taxes to make sure deadbeats have everything I have? A sense of pride that some lazy asshole gets a free college education that he'll never use?

You know, people like you always tell me I vote against my interests but when pressed, you can't really seem to explain why that is. What is it you think my interests entail?

Ol Bern Dog needs to invest in a bottle of Head And Shoulders and a suit that fits before he starts lecturing people on taxes or debt. He should probably see a dentist while hes at it too. Really rough around the edges.

Why would I ,as a middle class working stiff, vote for Bernie Sanders? I have excellent health care at work. What do I look forward to with Bernie Sanders except for more taxes to make sure deadbeats have everything I have? A sense of pride that some lazy asshole gets a free college education that he'll never use?

You know, people like you always tell me I vote against my interests but when pressed, you can't really seem to explain why that is. What is it you think my interests entail?
Crickets on this, as expected.

Crickets on this, as expected.
Buddy that post is full of confused presuppositions

Let's just look at one of the more benign at the end of the first paragraph. What exactly does it mean to you to use a degree? Would higher lifetime earnings and thus more paid in taxes fit the bill? Because we know college grads out earn non college grads. Does longer life expectancy for these people count as "using a degree" because college grads live longer. Would you rather live in a society where the diver in the car next to you was educated or should we just cut kids off at like 12 because who uses that book learning anyway?

Buddy that post is full of confused presuppositions

Let's just look at one of the more benign at the end of the first paragraph. What exactly does it mean to you to use a degree? Would higher lifetime earnings and thus more paid in taxes fit the bill? Because we know college grads out earn non college grads. Does longer life expectancy for these people count as "using a degree" because college grads live longer. Would you rather live in a society where the diver in the car next to you was educated or should we just cut kids off at like 12 because who uses that book learning anyway?
I don't see much of an argument there for making me glad to pay for it.
I'd prefer kids get scholarships and grants for achieving or pay for their schooling like I did. Not expect the middle class to eat shit and pay for it.

I don't care what the guy next to me has. He's probably a lazy asshole fuckoff.

Is this your case for me voting for Bernie? Because I have to say I'm not sold. Why would I, as a middle class taxpayer, give a shit about any of that? Remember we're talking about voting "against MY interests." I don't really have a huge desire for everyone else to have shit. I mean, I hope you're successful and all, but at the expense of the taxpayer? Fuck no. Come on.

Now try to sell me on gov't health care. Sell me on giving up my excellent insurance for gov't controlled medicare so you can have it for free.

War Uncle Bernie!

Back