Time to include King of the Streets

Diesel67

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This underground Swedish promotion takes us back to the early UFC shows. No gloves, no rounds, no rules, no time limit. Fights go on until somebody is knocked out, quits or the ref stops the action, the closest thing to a real street fight. I find it much more entertaining than a show where the fighters are straitjacketed by a plethora of rules: don't do this, don't hit there. It ought to be listed in Sherdog along with all the "mainstream" promotions that no one ever heard of. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/@KINGOFTHESTREETS

Isn't this the one where they fight on concrete? Absolutely fucking retarded imo.
Yes. I would do it on grass, but these are soccer hooligans and street fighters from Europe. They fight on pavement all the time.

Insanity, "honor system" bad-assery.

If the battles from kots were viewed anywhere, without knowing what it was, no doubt in my mind calling 911 would seem like the reasonably best thing to do.

If the battles from kots were viewed anywhere, without knowing what it was, no doubt in my mind calling 911 would seem like the reasonably best thing to do.
Agreed and rightfully so.

This is stupid and people are going to die. Sure won't be listed on Sherdog any time ever.
The concrete seems to be reason. Put a mat down ffs.

The headbutt KO by CocaineCharlie was epic

Last edited:
That does lead to the question of BKFC growth and Lethwei both are growing.. but what would it take to get them as an acceptable sport for the masses?
Besides just no concrete floors.

Would we have to take away the parts that make them exciting?
Head-butts...

Side note: Slap fighting has no concrete floors and even has catchers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure people died on it? Wouldn’t they not just show it?
As far as anybody knows, nobody died in KOTS. If somebody had, it would have made news and the authorities would have become involved.
Who says this has to be a sport for the masses? It's for soccer hooligans and similar macho men who love to fight and/or watch real fights. It's a place where men are free to be men and masculinity is never toxic. Nobody is in it to make a living; these men all have day jobs. But lately, some of them actually train and know how to fight.

That does lead to the question of BKFC growth and Lethwei both are growing.. but what would it take to get them as an acceptable sport for the masses?
Besides just no concrete floors.

Would we have to take away the parts that make them exciting?
Head-butts...

Side note: Slap fighting has no concrete floors and even has catchers.
Lethwei isn't popular because it is a domesticated sport in a relatively isolated country with little soft power. Figuring out commercial infrastructure and promoting are much larger problems then the actual content.

Muay Thai which is more practiced and is the domesticated sport of a country that is more famous and powerful is not popular among the masses either as a spectator sport.

Something like ONE hosting Friday Night fights on a platform that is palpable and consistent with high production is brand new for MT. It will take a few years of consistent promoting like that for MT to reach another tier of mainstream. Lethwei is nowhere near that right now.

As far as anybody knows, nobody died in KOTS. If somebody had, it would have made news and the authorities would have become involved.
Who says this has to be a sport for the masses? It's for soccer hooligans and similar macho men who love to fight and/or watch real fights. It's a place where men are free to be men and masculinity is never toxic. Nobody is in it to make a living; these men all have day jobs. But lately, some of them actually train and know how to fight.

I am all for it .

It is not me that asks for more fighter pay .

Sport for the masses is about greed .

I watch only to see their ...
Screenshot 2023-03-11 4.11.54 PM.png
Recovery time...
Chin ...

Lethwei isn't popular because it is a domesticated sport in a relatively isolated country with little soft power. Figuring out commercial infrastructure and promoting are much larger problems then the actual content.

Muay Thai which is more practiced and is the domesticated sport of a country that is more famous and powerful is not popular among the masses either as a spectator sport.

Something like ONE hosting Friday Night fights on a platform that is palpable and consistent with high production is brand new for MT. It will take a few years of consistent promoting like that for MT to reach another tier of mainstream. Lethwei is nowhere near that right now.

I am not sure what One does is MT that issue will go to the courts.

Though I do watch violent fights.. I can only hope no one dies, and if they live until retirement hope no brain damage. These are the issues that combat sports face. Does regulating the promotion or sport help, a sport for the masses is regulated, some things should never be regulated like Slap Fighting unless they can be proved to be helped by the regulations. Slap Fighting catchers are good some regulations like no head butts like Lethwei use can make it safer.

As I live half my year in Thailand MT is a sport of the masses there, in the past I have lived in Myanmar and there Lethwei unregulated is a sport of the masses.. At these events though the crowds are often more dangerous than the actual fights. Thus the move to bring in One Championship at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. This move has caused Thais to avoid going, as One is unknown and gambling no longer allowed there.

I am not sure what One does is MT that issue will go to the courts.

Though I do watch violent fights.. I can only hope no one dies, and if they live until retirement hope no brain damage. These are the issues that combat sports face. Does regulating the promotion or sport help, a sport for the masses is regulated, some things should never be regulated like Slap Fighting unless they can be proved to be helped by the regulations. Slap Fighting catchers are good some regulations like no head butts like Lethwei use can make it safer.

As I live half my year in Thailand MT is a sport of the masses there, in the past I have lived in Myanmar and there Lethwei unregulated is a sport of the masses.. At these events though the crowds are often more dangerous than the actual fights. Thus the move to bring in One Championship at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. This move has caused Thais to avoid going, as One is unknown and gambling no longer allowed there.
MMA in Japan is barely regulated. There are a lot of factors that go into making something popular.

Lethwei is so far behind as a commercial product that it isn't even worth theorizing on how to advertise head butts in a prize fight.

Back