• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to end this When is a Champ a Champ? Poll

When is a Champ a Champ

• Total voters
That's why it's so retarded for people to claim that Conor wasn't the champ. They are either saying one of these two retarded things:

- There was no champ
- Jose was still the champ even after Conor ko'd him.

Albeit I will admit, the latter option is significantly more retarded than the former.

I don't think anybody said such a thing I've always called him title holder I cannot in good conscience call him Champ without a proper defense it's a deal breaker. The difference of going on a date with a girl and actually closing the deal and doing the deed.

Your sheer stubborness makes you my favourite conor hater @paynebringer

Haha me too. He even made a poll that says "Time to end this" but then is ignoring the results of the poll and still refuses to call Conor "Champ"

And he talks in one of the most immature styles I've ever seen. I hope he's 16. Otherwise, what a douche.

Haha me too. He even made a poll that says "Time to end this" but then is ignoring the results of the poll and still refuses to call Conor "Champ"

And he talks in one of the most immature styles I've ever seen. I hope he's 16. Otherwise, what a douche.
Its not about subject matter, opinion or results. Its about spreading his deep seeded disdain (jealousy) to all those he can, online too cause no one in the real world gives a shit for his opinion

you " not a real champ " guys are fucking idiots.

if you win the championship you're the fucking champion, only reason you feel differently is because you don't like conor.

Sure.

Tennis:

In 2015 Stanislas Wawrinka won the French Open.

In 2016, Novak Djokovic won the French Open.

Golf:

In 2015 Jordan Spieth won the US Open.

In 2016 Dustin Johnson won the US Open.

In Boxing:

Andre Ward just beat Sergey Kovalev by decision to become the Light Heavyweight Champion. He hasn't defended as of yet.

Are none of these athletes or fighters champions?

They get the proper recognition as they should until they get to defend their title, it's hard for me to look at those sports in the same way as combat sports which is truly 1 on 1 and blood & bones that's why defending titles in combat sports it's important to prove you not a fluke and you truly that good, why is that so hard to understand the champ represents the best to me, it's not just 1 fight and I'm the best forever and ever, prove it!

Its not about subject matter, opinion or results. Its about spreading his deep seeded disdain (jealousy) to all those he can, online too cause no one in the real world gives a shit for his opinion

LOL

That was poetic. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome: Payne "Spreading his deep seeded disdain and jealousy to all those he can, online too cause no one in the real world gives a shit for his opinion!" Bringer!!!

So the Broncos aren't the current champions? Or the cavs? Or the Cubs? Once you win, you won and you're the champ.
Prize fighting isn't a sport. Those teams go through an entire season and playoffs to be crowned. Any clown in the UFC can be given an underserved title shot and get lucky on one night.

you " not a real champ " guys are fucking idiots.

if you win the championship you're the fucking champion.

So you're the Champ forever & ever and no one can take it away from you, so why even title defenses?

Prize fighting isn't a sport. Those teams go through an entire season and playoffs to be crowned. Any clown in the UFC can be given an underserved title shot and get lucky on one night.
Conor really is lucky charms then, to have been in 3 title fights in the ufc and lucky enough to have knocked all 3 opponents out

Champion when you win the belt by definition but you aren't on your way to being a truly dominant champion, the true #1 if you have no defenses. Many fighters win belts, many spectacularly but only a few keep them for a long time while actively defending. That is what proves they are above the rest. History in sport is finalized at the end of peoples careers, not during them.

Last edited:
untitled-41.jpg
thats why he is known as mcgreGOAT

So you're the Champ forever & ever and no one can take it away from you, so why even title defenses?
literally nothing to do with what i said.

you win a championship, you're the champion.

this is just another " waahh i don't like conor so he's not a real champ! " thread.

They get the proper recognition as they should until they get to defend their title, it's hard for me to look at those sports in the same way as combat sports which is truly 1 on 1 and blood & bones that's why defending titles in combat sports it's important to prove you not a fluke and you truly that good, why is that so hard to understand the champ represents the best to me, it's not just 1 fight and I'm the best forever and ever, prove it!
It shouldn't be too hard for you to understand that if you win the title, you are the champion.

Anything else is just extra.

It shouldn't be too hard for you to understand that if you win the title, you are the champion.

Anything else is just extra.

History will record you won a belt your legacy will record your greatness in the defenses of your title or in your wordz, the extra...

History will record you won a belt your legacy will record your greatness in the defenses of your title or in your wordz, the extra...
Like I said, extra. If you won the belt, you are a champion. The poll results speak for themselves, payne.

literally nothing to do with what i said.

you win a championship, you're the champion.

this is just another " waahh i don't like conor so he's not a real champ! " thread.

Nothing of the sort man, it's no secret I'm not a Conor flag waver and I'm not the blind Conor hater. I asked this question because I know this is a feeling from fan to pro fighter who stand on either side of this belief I'm just trying to gauge who thinks old school and new school. I should've added a middle of the road thinking to this pole.

Like I said, extra. If you won the belt, you are a champion. The poll results speak for themselves, payne.

True Dat Jin! Surprised thought the poll would be closer still early though but I should've made a neutral option also.

Back