Time for Big Nog vs Cro Cop...

As slow and dilapidated as Mirko's striking is now compared to his prime, I still think he would be able to hurt Big Nog on the feet and avoid the takedown. He has at least looked somewhat competent striking in Glory and Big Nog is so slow and hittable now.

If AA can come back so can Mirko.

He wants to return in April, and Josh Barnett is healthy and free so I think that match up makes sense. Nobody really makes much sense for Barnett at HW honestly. So Cro Cop sounds perfect.

CC is older, has had many more fights, been in more wars, and his body is basically shot at this point as well. When AA started to come back, he was still in his early 30's, and still looked at least close to what he did in his prime athletically. As a fan, I really don't want to have to stomach watching him getting brutally ko'd another time. I'd support a double-retirement fight against Nog or something similar.

I believe the agreement to come back was for Cro Cop to get some rematches. I think for sure we'll get the Gonzaga rematch and perhaps Schaub and Nelson.

I'd be fine with Big Nog and Arlovski. He just needs to fight guys at his level at this point. Don't throw him in there with young guys that will embarrass him. No one wants to see that.

I believe the agreement to come back was for Cro Cop to get some rematches. I think for sure we'll get the Gonzaga rematch and perhaps Schaub and Nelson.

I'd be fine with Big Nog and Arlovski. He just needs to fight guys at his level at this point. Don't throw him in there with young guys that will embarrass him. No one wants to see that.

I can see him doing well vs Gonzaga,, those last 2 get progressively harder.. I hope the legends retire with their records intact (Jens is a great example).. Even AA was getting a suspect chin after the big Tim fights..

nog is my favorite active fighter, but I think he's done. even those specific "old-school" opponents like crocop and Barnett are lopsided imo. I can't see nog beating anybody. crocop-barnett 4 would be more interesting to me.

the best fight for crocop is a fight with arlovski imo

I wouldn't quite cut Nog out yet vs those guys

Other than for nostalgia purposes, I'm not even sure Nog vs CC would be exciting to watch.

I would be excited as hell to watch that

Cro cop vs gonzaga has to happen. I'd buy that event just to see mirko get his revenge for the horrific high kick.

The Gonzaga rematch is the one that CC fans want the most

I would love to see cc vs nog. Id give the edge to cc at this point honestly. Nogs chin is looking awful lately but nog can still catch cro cop as well.the matchup with gonzaga would be another fight that cc could still win to avenge a loss but id probably pick gonzaga to take it still.

Actually, the funniest part of all is that even the 2003 version of Cro-Cop already got submitted by Big Nog.

If these two headlined a card in this day and age it would be named something like:

Pride's Twilight: The Battle of Diminishing Reflexes.

The winner receives a year-long subscription to AARP.

Actually, the funniest part of all is that even the 2003 version of Cro-Cop already got submitted by Big Nog.

If these two headlined a card in this day and age it would be named something like:

Pride's Twilight: The Battle of Diminishing Reflexes.

The winner receives a year-long subscription to AARP.

You could romanticize it a bit and call it Twilight of the Gods. Could use Wagner in the previews and stuff. I don't want to see my boy Big Nog get starched by the likes of Roy Nelson again and all joking aside that would be a fitting sendoff.

Back