Time for a change?

sleeper7777777

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have been working this same routine since august 29th , Between that time and now i have not had a week off or anything. i try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (i usualy get 10 hours 4 days a week and a mixture between 7-4 hours the other 3 days) i eat like i am on death row. mere mortals cannot fathom what i eat
i have seen minor to mediocre results in strength and size and i was wondering if it is time for a change and if so how would you change it here is my routine
monday
bench
dumbell press
incline bench
close grip bench
tricep pull down

Tuesday
bent over rows
seated rows
romo curls with straigt bar
i had to chose between doing squat and deadlift in the same week so i chose squating

wednesday
off

thursday
squat
weight sled
hamstring extensions
leg extensions

friday
overhead press
overhead dumbell press
about 3 other romo shoulder exersices i dont know the name to

is there anything i should change? am over or under working anything? remember my goals are both strength AND SIZE

any help is appreciated( especially if its from carnal, urban, or entropy)

You've got a lot of pressing movements, and not that many pulling movements. I usually do as many exercises for both pushing and pulling ... The first 1.5 months of this semester I was doing a superset routine where each exercise I would superset with the opposite, i.e. Bench and BB rows, incline/military press and pulls/chins, DB flat and DB rows. I like to keep the number of exercises that I do for each group about the same. I throw in some more exercises for Tuesday, Pullups or Chins (I constantly change every couple of weeks) DB rows, upright rows, there are so many different exercises you can throw into the mix.

this is what my routine looks like right now:

Monday (push)
Bench 6x5 after two warmup sets
Squat 6x5 (two warmup sets)
45 degree Leg Press 5x5
Incline DB bench 3x8
Military press 3x6
Dips 3xfailure (I would do weighted but my ankle is sprained and no belts ...)
Tricep OHP 2x8
Tricep Kickback 2x8
Abs Core strengthening circuit with Medicine ball and then 2-3 sets of 10 russian twists supersetted with 10-20 incline situps

three hours after this workout I do some HIIT with a buddy of mine Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays

Tuesday
floor exercises abs
slow cardio
circuit training

Wednesday (pull)
Deadlift 6x5 (warmups and sometimes I do max effort pulls at the end)
pullups 3xfailure (sometimes chins and behind the neck)
DB rows 3x6
T-bar rows 2x6
BB rows 2x6
sometimes Pullovers 3x5
sometimes goodmornings 2x10
Straightbar curls 2x10
Schwarzenegger curls 2x6
concentration curls 2x6
my Ab routine again

Thursday
same as tuesday

Friday (push)
same as monday

Saturday and sunday
REST! and sometimes I do some long drawn-out cardio here

Every week I alternate, do my pull routine on monday friday and push routine on wednesday and vice versa.

Here is something different

Monday
Dumbell Decline Bench Press
Close Grip Floor Bench Press
Swiss Ball Push Up. ( big round workout balls ) Keep your body at 45 degree angle and do pushups )

Tuesday
1 arm Barebell rows ( take a BB,put the end in a corner of wall, put a bench next to it. then do your rows, but with the BB ).
1 arm Rope Cable Rows
1 arm Preacher curls

Wednesday
off

Thursday
Squats/ Front squat .alternating workouts
Lunge
1 legged leg curls or legged stiff legged deads
1 legged leg extensions

Friday
Stadning Bradford press ( Press the weight in front of you, then it goes behind of you, then back to front)
1 arm standing DB Press
1 arm cable side raises
Dumbell shrugs

5 sets x 16,13,9,6,4 reps Rest periods. 30-60 sec

Dogmai,

I'm no expert but I'm sure they would agree with me when I say your doing too many exercises on your push/pull days.

A simple 3 day push/pull/legs+shoulders would be better I think

Just my 2 cents

EddNg, I am always criticized about the high volume of exercises that I do, but it works for me. I used to do a program like the one you suggested. I am constantly changing my routines, and this is where I'm at right now ... and I'm getting gains in strength and physique.

Thats cool bro, the best thing is whatever works for you. If your getting gains off it, keep it going.

dogmai said:
You've got a lot of pressing movements, and not that many pulling movements. I usually do as many exercises for both pushing and pulling ... The first 1.5 months of this semester I was doing a superset routine where each exercise I would superset with the opposite, i.e. Bench and BB rows, incline/military press and pulls/chins, DB flat and DB rows. I like to keep the number of exercises that I do for each group about the same. I throw in some more exercises for Tuesday, Pullups or Chins (I constantly change every couple of weeks) DB rows, upright rows, there are so many different exercises you can throw into the mix.

this is what my routine looks like right now:

Monday (push)
Bench 6x5 after two warmup sets
Squat 6x5 (two warmup sets)
45 degree Leg Press 5x5
Incline DB bench 3x8
Military press 3x6
Dips 3xfailure (I would do weighted but my ankle is sprained and no belts ...)
Tricep OHP 2x8
Tricep Kickback 2x8
Abs Core strengthening circuit with Medicine ball and then 2-3 sets of 10 russian twists supersetted with 10-20 incline situps

three hours after this workout I do some HIIT with a buddy of mine Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays

Tuesday
floor exercises abs
slow cardio
circuit training

Wednesday (pull)
Deadlift 6x5 (warmups and sometimes I do max effort pulls at the end)
pullups 3xfailure (sometimes chins and behind the neck)
DB rows 3x6
T-bar rows 2x6
BB rows 2x6
sometimes Pullovers 3x5
sometimes goodmornings 2x10
Straightbar curls 2x10
Schwarzenegger curls 2x6
concentration curls 2x6
my Ab routine again

Thursday
same as tuesday

Friday (push)
same as monday

Saturday and sunday
REST! and sometimes I do some long drawn-out cardio here

Every week I alternate, do my pull routine on monday friday and push routine on wednesday and vice versa.

damn i dont think i could do that many exersices

sleeper7777777 said:
I have been working this same routine since august 29th , Between that time and now i have not had a week off or anything. i try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (i usualy get 10 hours 4 days a week and a mixture between 7-4 hours the other 3 days) i eat like i am on death row. mere mortals cannot fathom what i eat
i have seen minor to mediocre results in strength and size and i was wondering if it is time for a change and if so how would you change it here is my routine
monday
bench
dumbell press
incline bench
close grip bench
tricep pull down

Tuesday
bent over rows
seated rows
romo curls with straigt bar
i had to chose between doing squat and deadlift in the same week so i chose squating

wednesday
off

thursday
squat
weight sled
hamstring extensions
leg extensions

friday
overhead press
overhead dumbell press
about 3 other romo shoulder exersices i dont know the name to

is there anything i should change? am over or under working anything? remember my goals are both strength AND SIZE

any help is appreciated( especially if its from carnal, urban, or entropy)

Maby you should scrap that routine and start one of the ones that carnal posted up not too long ago.

FCFighter316 said:
seriously, i was in the gym for 2 hours yesterday just doing 5 exercises!

It takes me about an hour and a half to do those workouts, I don't do a lot of chatting, it's all business in the weight room.

Back