Tim Kennedy Needs to Fight at Welterweight

Ive seen him and stood next to him and he seems around 190-200 walk around. He isnt much bigger than that.

I would like to see him fight Stann or Munoz. U could also put him in there with Leben or Belcher. Welterweight is 2 stacked right now. Keep some new blood in the Middleweight division.

would love to see him fight Munoz, would be great

I heard from a guy at the airport that he walks around at 285. He should drop down to lightweight.

I agree Kennedy should fight at WW if he wants to win. He'll struggle against UFC MW. Rockhold should fight at LHW, btw.

Honestly, I don't think any one in the UFC should even cut down a weight class unless:

1) Superfights.
2) Losing to the reigning Champ twice.
3) No longer capable of winning in the current weight class.

Kennedy belongs at 185. There is no need to risk his kidneys as of this moment.

I think he's fine at MW. Possibly could do better at WW but it has yet to be proven that dropping weight classes leads to success.

I don't think he can make WW, being taller doesn't make someone much bigger, Kennedy's legs were way bigger than his opponents, like almost twice as big.

Dudes built like a damn brick. Where's he gonna lose 15 pounds?

Dudes built like a damn brick. Where's he gonna lose 15 pounds?

By eating less, stopping the weights, and doing more cardio... i.e. Diego Sanchez and Nate Marquardt.

Lombard needs to do the same as well.

I think in the UFC he will need to fight at 170. He is to short and not skilled enough to be a good striker at MW & he doesnt have good enough wrestling to take any of the top guys down. Does anyone really see him taking down, Silva, Weidman, Munoz, Pahlhares, Lombard?

He should be able to get to 170, but he will need to lay off the weight lifting some.

It will be fun to watch him in the UFC but he will struggle with the top guys in either division. He relies on his great cardio which is not going to be enough.

As a guy who was once in the same former line of work as Tim, good luck on convincing him he's not good enough to work at 185..... Most likely won't happen.

What line of work is that? The same line of work former 205 pounder Brian Stann was in?

^^^Kennedy is in the Army, Stann the Marines. Im also in the Marine Corps too and the people in it are pretty full of themselves to take advice, especially former officers. But you have to take good advice to be a successful fighter. My main problem with Stann is that he seems to elude all of the stereotypical takes of an officer, but tries to come off at stutle. I don't know though, he maybe a cool dude for all I know, never met him before.

I had the chance to meet him at a grappling contest. First thing I said when I saw him standing there was "damn, that dude is huge, he looks familiar..." Then I found out it was Kennedy. Most of the muscle seems to be in his arms and probably legs. He cuts from about 215-220 and its pretty solid.

x7exg.jpg

^^^Kennedy is in the Army, Stann the Marines. Im also in the Marine Corps too and the people in it are pretty full of themselves to take advice, especially former officers. But you have to take good advice to be a successful fighter. My main problem with Stann is that he seems to elude all of the stereotypical takes of an officer, but tries to come off at stutle. I don't know though, he maybe a cool dude for all I know, never met him before.

I had the chance to meet him at a grappling contest. First thing I said when I saw him standing there was "damn, that dude is huge, he looks familiar..." Then I found out it was Kennedy. Most of the muscle seems to be in his arms and probably legs. He cuts from about 215-220 and its pretty solid.

x7exg.jpg

Lot of extra muscle imo

I doubt it...Kenndy has looked huge in his prior fights.

Back