Tim Kennedy Needs to Fight at Welterweight

bbman182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Went to the SF in OK City this past weekend.. Me and couple buddies noticed how tiny he looked compared to Trevor Smith in the cage. I would love to see him at a weight where he has the strength advantage.

images

I think he's pretty strong at MW, he seems pretty thick. But I've never seen him in person so you might know better than I

I think he's pretty strong at MW, he seems pretty thick. But I've never seen him in person so you might know better than I

About the same size as Kampmann or Ricardo Almeida... Carrying a lot of extra muscle too. Smaller than marquardt...

In the Rockhold fight you could definitely tell there was a strength disadvantage

He doesn't seem to carry any fat, and he just lost to the best of the division in SF. He seems to be ok, no need to do anything imo.

yeeah dude is like Marquardt at MW...clearly on some very good "anabolics"!

extra muscle? really?

Tim is pretty bulky and has been handling business fine....His legs look like tree trunks and his resume is up there...Tim seems to have no problems facing anyone...never been in danger and could really make a fun impact in the UFC

Kennedy walks around at like 210
Dude's legs are massive

As a guy who was once in the same former line of work as Tim, good luck on convincing him he's not good enough to work at 185..... Most likely won't happen.

Went to the SF in OK City this past weekend.. Me and couple buddies noticed how tiny he looked compared to Trevor Smith in the cage. I would love to see him at a weight where he has the strength advantage.

images

Kennedy has said recently that he is considering the cut but that he currently walks around at around 225. Also, I don't know why "fans" think it's their business to claim that a fighter should compete at a certain weight other than the one that they are familiar fighting at. I understand you would like to see him fight at 170 but you don't know his body type or how whether or not it would deplete him of his energy, not even he knows that, (most likely) considering I doubt he has fought at WW yet.

pretty sure he already talked about dropping to 170, don't know if he'll do it or not but I think he mentioned it..

It would be a big cut, he'd have to see if he can maintain his cardio cutting that much weight.

Agree with the earlier posters who say Kennedy is very thick and muscular with low body fat %. I heard on TV and read on Sherdog that he walks around north of 200 (typically 210). I don't see him doing well at 170 as that is too extreme and he would have problems gassing which is not an issue now. He is a tad on the short side for 185 which means he is on the wrong side of the range issues. Probably need to work extra hard on transitions from striking to TD wrestling. I would also work on bjj submission offense so he has a better chance of finishing fights given his reach disadvantage in the striking making it harder to win rounds against elite 185'ers in the UFC.

He's talked about cutting to 170 before. Not sure if he will ever do it, or maybe now that he will since he isn't on a SF roster anymore. He may have been waiting to rebrand himself now that he's in the UFC. Either way, he's a guy that I'd like to watch fight in either division.

yeah that
I took my number from a video a couple weeks ago where he was talking about his final preparations so you're number is probably more accurate concerning his normal weight

I would like to see him fight Stann or Munoz. U could also put him in there with Leben or Belcher. Welterweight is 2 stacked right now. Keep some new blood in the Middleweight division.

Back