Tim Kennedy just opened his school, not a martial arts academy, an actual school

This seems somewhat similar to the school my kids go to. Admittedly the one they attend is a small catholic school, but I think smaller schools like this are a good thing.

It’s very multicultural and all the parents are good people and the kids are the same.

One instance that still sticks with me. They had a school Christmas choir/presentation where all the classes sang and there was some solo presentations.

During the show some of the kids were lined up on the side of the room around the audience. I was near the end and one of the kids, maybe 6 years old just started crying. All of the kids around him ran up to him and said it’s ok everything will be fine.

None of them laughed at him or made fun of him, that just really hit home with me.

Chicago schools only graduate about 10 percent who can read and do math at grade level. The pensions are killing the school systems. About 30K a year is spent on each CPS student, up almost 100 percent from 10 years ago, yet they always blame poor schools on the lack of money. COVID came along just in time as the Feds bailed out many of these ridiculous pension systems, temporarily. The irony is many teachers leave IL after retiring because of high taxes, so they spend their money in states like Tennessee, Indiana, Florida... Double whammy.
Growing up in Chicago I can personally tell you "no kids left behind" ruined schools. It punished the school for not promoting kids to the next grade and graduating them despite them not meeting the minimum standards for for promotion/graduation. Then they directly tied federal funding to standardized test scores forcing teachers to prioritize test taking over actual education.

I knew a person who made it to the 11th grade but literally couldn't read. Schools kept passing him. Then when he got to HS he dropped out like a month into 11th grade.

It's a really messed up system. And Illinois teachers are among the highest paid teachers in the country. You can easily make 80K a year at the right public high school.

I like to reiterate that it's not the teachers. The teachers want to teach and actually educate kids. It's politicians and parents that think they know better than the educators about education.

See Florida as an example where rouge politicians have turned the already poor education system into the leading dumpsters fire of education systems in the country.

"it's time we except"... Yeah you should go back to school and learn some basic english, Tim.

The sentence right before that too.

"Their one job was to ensure that are schools are conducive environment to learn..."

It's our schools and he's missing an a before conducive.

Last edited:
Good friend of mine is retired UFC / M1 ... Said Tim is gorilla strong
He grappled with some body builder types from Chicago PD. Dude was like, I felt like I Tim could do whatever the fuck he wanted to me and I couldn’t do anything to prevent it.

He grappled with some body builder types from Chicago PD. Dude was like, I felt like I Tim could do whatever the fuck he wanted to me and I couldn’t do anything to prevent it.

He's a legit beast. But Im only 170 and tool dudes 100 pounds heavier. Experience and technique

Back