Till’s chances at middleweight

cenksinan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
where he actually belongs to.there are definitely some exciting fights for him but I doubt he becomes a champ.usually the fighters who kills themselves with brutal weight cuts to beat smaller opponents don’t do great when they are forced to move up.

Last edited:
Not sold on him yet, we will find out what's up pretty soon.

If Romero was the champion, he'd get smoked most likely.

Whittaker is a much easier fight for Till

I really want to see him against an elite wrestler... while I am a fan, we still don't know what he is like on the ground OR if he has the ability / skillset to defend the takedown and keep a fight standing.... his bout versus Woodley is going to be very telling.

Yeah definitely good. He's a big guy, he's talented, loves to fight, young, he's got a lot of things going in his favour

Not sold on him yet, we will find out what's up pretty soon.
In 18 professional fights, he only has 1 draw. He has beaten all other 17 opponents.

On paper he looks legit, we'll see.

I haven't seen him look decent except against LW Cowboy. He'll probably alternate staring contest wins and losses at MW

where he actually belongs to.there are definitely some exciting fights for him but I doubt he becomes a champ.usually the fighters who kills themselves with brutal weight cuts to beat smaller opponents don’t do great when they forces to move up.

Till will not make weight when he fights Woodley, it will not be a title fight but he will KO or TKO Woodley, and then will move to MW

I think he will do well. He is cutting an incredible amount of weight and is probably draining his power. He will still be a good sized MW and it's not like he uses grappling to control fights. Although the scary stalking aura may be gone as he will be fighting guys closer to his own size.

I think he matches up pretty good against most of the top-10 at MW. And it's not like he'd even be small for the division either.

I think he matches up pretty good against most of the top-10 at MW. And it's not like he'd even be small for the division either.
Exactly.he won’t be smaller than the most but when you make a career beating smaller people than you things change when face with similar size people.he won’t be intimidating people with his size anymore and it plays a big role in fighting game.

He won't make weight, then he loses his non-title fight with Tyron. I think he does very well at MW, maybe even contends. But he's going to die from organ failure if he keeps trying to make his body weigh 170lbs. He's a big kid and needs to listen to his body.

Actually, fighters who struggled with the weight cut have often looked great when moving up, Anthony Jonson, Robert Whitaker, Kelvin Gastelum being prime examples. Moving up has generally proven to yield greater success than moving down, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Till have a very successful mw career, which I'm pretty sure is a part of his plan.

I really want to see him against an elite wrestler... while I am a fan, we still don't know what he is like on the ground OR if he has the ability / skillset to defend the takedown and keep a fight standing.... his bout versus Woodley is going to be very telling.
How many Euros have made it far, only to be rekt by a wrestler while they were in Contender or title fights? From Bas (which he got the robbery of the century vs Randelman) to Hardy and Ping, they all fell short vs the wrestler. The first one to break the curse was Conor, and TDD is definitely getting better in Europe (i.e. Gus), but the UFC still shields Euro prospects from elite wrestlers.

where he actually belongs to.there are definitely some exciting fights for him but I doubt he becomes a champ.usually the fighters who kills themselves with brutal weight cuts to beat smaller opponents don’t do great when they are forced to move up.

I think he would do ok, probably still a top 5 fighter at least.

I think his power would probably translate better at MW. Could see him get more finishes art that weightclass

Back