Social TikTok is a Cyberweapon

Hog-train

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I have had conversations with old HS and college friends who use TikTok and they are mostly really against the forced sale of TikTok out of Chinese hands. It's insane how much they've been brainwashed by the app.

I searched Tiananmen Square and Uyghur Muslims on TikTok and saw posts defending it only 😂 The comments section is even more hilarious - blaming it on the US.

It is 100% a security threat and I don't understand how normally not stupid people can't see that?

Second point - The TikTok CEO went in front of Congress and said China or the CCP doesn't affect TikTok USA content. Then WHY TF is Taiwan Independence content censored? I thought TikTok USA was independent of China? OBVIOUS LIE.

Last edited:
I'd say it's more of a distraction from the real cyberweapons, which are targeting infrastructure, logistics, strategic production and distribution chains in tech and energy.
facebook, instagram, google are just as toxic for people.
nobody should use social media anymore.

BS, "they" are just angry they don't control Tik Tok. We live in a free society and the Chinese don't.

One of the Arguments I heard was that in China Tik Tok only allows educational material on the platform. Thats not really an argument though.

Just wait until it becomes self aware

19a82a06d93a3d620c5ec3277c27cd3e.gif

Google doesn't hide Tiananmen square, Uyghur Muslims or pro Taiwan independence content.
TikTok doesn't totally hide it either, they just have a massive bias. Google is absolutely doing the same, they hide and have a massive bias about things like pro Puerto Rico independence content and massacres committed by Western countries in Africa, etc.

One of the Arguments I heard was that in China Tik Tok only allows educational material on the platform. Thats not really an argument though.
that's not true it's just that tik tok in china is centered by pretty much the same laws they use on the internet
no anti party stuff
no out right sex stuff
no clevage(fml)
no gore

plenty of dumb stuff and memes aimed for passing time
the biggest vid for awhile was about a guy who wears shiny cowboy boots and if you step on them he will became a pompador dude covered in shiny boots
their bright ness drives haters and women crazy
still get bunch of dancing women
people eating
dumb memes
etc..

I guess with the regulations on other content it gives educational stuff more room to get views

that's not true it's just that tik tok in china is centered by pretty much the same laws they use on the internet
no anti party stuff
no out right sex stuff
no clevage(fml)
no gore

plenty of dumb stuff and memes aimed for passing time
the biggest vid for awhile was about a guy who wears shiny cowboy boots and if you step on them he will became a pompador dude covered in shiny boots
their bright ness drives haters and women crazy
still get bunch of dancing women
people eating
dumb memes
etc..

I guess with the regulations on other content it gives educational stuff more room to get views
I don't remember who it was, some GOP senator I think. His argument was basically that the Chinese use it as an educational tool in China and a means of distraction for our kids here. If you think about it, its a really stupid argument.

I don't remember who it was, some GOP senator I think. His argument was basically that the Chinese use it as an educational tool in China and a means of distraction for our kids here. If you think about it, its a really stupid argument.
lol tik tok as education

education is a big deal here. actually phone use among kids is a big issue here.
now it's pretty common practice to not let kids bring their phones to school. then they got smart watches and now schools are cracking down on those.

honestly Bilibili is more useful than tik tok and xiao hongshu is much more educational.

TikTok doesn't totally hide it either, they just have a massive bias. Google is absolutely doing the same, they hide and have a massive bias about things like pro Puerto Rico independence content and massacres committed by Western countries in Africa, etc.

I did a search on TikTok for Tiananmen Square and I saw posts defending it. The comments section must be botted or fake because all I see are people defending it or blaming the US.

Just did a Google search for pro- Puerto Rico independence content and see plenty of examples.

Laughable that you're comparing the two.

Search for Tiananmen Square or Taiwan independence on Tiktok and see for yourself.

I'd say it's more of a distraction from the real cyberweapons, which are targeting infrastructure, logistics, strategic production and distribution chains in tech and energy.
facebook, instagram, google are just as toxic for people.
nobody should use social media anymore.

My Facebook ain't very toxic these days. Just enough comics and humour to cover a toilet break lol

What's the difference between Tik Tok and Instagram?

Boomers are more scared of tiktok because it's the 'new' thing.

These people who are suddenly terrified of Russia and China crack me up. Then they go and call everyone else 'brainwashed' and 'propagandized' lmao.

Reminds me a lot of the 'they hate us for our freedoms' crowd back in the early 2000s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back