Movies THUNDERBOLTS (Steven Yeun Exits Film, post #139)

Man, not a fan of the Sentry character at all. The way Marvel & Wizard tried to say the character was a “long lost Lee/Kirby” type creation and then backtrack into a “Lee/Kirbyesque era” character pissed young Clinch off.

Hyperion though, big fan.
Wish they’d develop Supreme Power into a show of sorts.

detail.jpg

GOAT-level comic. Too bad the ending sucked.

Actress that played mom of Amadeus (well, that character was his mom in comics) in Age of Ultron is 2 years younger than Yeun. And I’ve seen people mentioned that Amadeus is teen in comics while Yeun turns 40 this year.

Actress that played mom of Amadeus (well, that character was his mom in comics) in Age of Ultron is 2 years younger than Yeun. And I’ve seen people mentioned that Amadeus is teen in comics while Yeun turns 40 this year.
Amadeus (Amadeus....ah...madeus) is younger in the comics, but at least when he turns into his version of the Hulk (Brawn?) we are going to expect CGI, it would be really lame to have to cgi a character as basic as Sentry, and Yeun aint chicken and. brocolliing his way into Sentry shape in our lifetime.

Ban for referring to the stunning Claudia Kim as "actress who played a part" and also not posting a pic

I have come to the rescue

claudia-kim-los-angeles-ca-april-claudia-kim-world-premiere-her-movie-avengers-age-ultron-dolby-theatre-172961616.jpg

4-min-9.jpg

I think it was mentioned that he is playing villain/facing Thunderbolts in their movie. And rumor that he is playing Sentry.
could also be The Mandarin, but that will piss me off

@Anung Un Rama

A lot of video chatter saying that Yeun will indeed be playing The Sentry.

And the MCU slow-motion dumpster fire continues...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
BBC is showing The Winter Soldier. I admit to being biased; WS was always one of my favourite MCU films. But the difference in quality between this and the crap Marvel is putting out today is so big it's not even funny. Winter Soldier balances quiet, character driven scenes with some of the best action sequences in the MCU. Cap has never looked so bad ass. Natasha has never been hotter. Fury has never been cooler.

The Winter Soldier himself is a brilliant antagonist for Cap. A barely-human killing machine almost matching him in strength, speed and combat skills. The reveal that he's Bucky comes as no surprise to anyone who read the comics, but it's still packs emotional punch,

"Bucky?!"

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

Hell, even Falcon comes across as a cool dude, instead of insufferably preachy as he became in his own series.

Marvel really need to get their mojo back and start producing movies of this quality again. Or the franchise is dead. Hell, with Gunn in charge, even DC will start to eat Marvel's lunch.

Last edited:
BBC is showing The Winter Soldier. I admit to being biased; WS was always one of my favourite MCU films. But the difference in quality between this and the crap Marvel is putting out today is so big it's not even funny. Winter Soldier balances quiet, character driven scenes with some of the best action sequences in the MCU. Cap has never looked so bad ass.

Marvel really need to get their mojo back and start producing movies of this quality again. Or the franchise is dead. Hell, with Gunn in charge, even DC will start to eat Marvel's lunch.

MCU era from 2014-2018 was on fire. A lot of the best ones were in that timeframe, including Winter Soldier and Guardians being released in the same calendar year. Doctor Strange and Ragnarok were awesome, Homecoming was a lot of fun, Civil War and Infinity War, goes without saying.

It’s going to be very tough to get back to that. It feels like everything came together so well in that buildup to Thanos. While I feel Majors is doing a really solid job as Kang, there’s a lot of work MCU has to do to make the next Avengers film nearly as interesting as the last couple of them.

As for Gunn and co., I feel confident there will be a lot of improvements overall. But I don’t think DCEU will ever be an entity like the MCU is. Just too much ground to make up. However, you’ll see a lot of individual movies and series that will probably be better head to head than corresponding Marvel films. Joker and Reeve’s Batman movie, pre-new leadership, were better than any MCU film post-Endgame (other than arguably No Way Home) in my opinion.

LMAO no WAY

It hasn't been officially confirmed by Marvel yet, but a lot of the top video channels, the ones who have a good track record of breaking these sort of stories, are saying it's true.

If it is, Marvel has officially Jumped the Shark.

Update: February 23, 2023

The Walking Dead's Steven Yeun Joins the Cast of Marvel Studios' THUNDERBOLTS

thunderbolts_steven_yeun-1024x538.jpg

Steven Yeun, who more than a decade ago broke out as part of the biggest show on TV, is now joining the biggest film franchise of all time. The former The Walking Dead star has been cast in Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Yeun’s role is being kept under wraps, but it is said to be key. Like all Marvel castings, it could extend into other projects.

Thunderbolts focuses on Marvel’s shady characters. The roster teased at last year’s D23 included Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier), David Harbour (Red Guardian), Wyatt Russell (U.S. Agent), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Valentina Allegra de Fontaine). The Bear’s Ayo Edebiri is also among the cast.

“It tells you a lot about the team when beloved Winter Soldier is the most stable among them,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige quipped at D23 while introducing the team.

Robot & Frank’s Jake Schreier is directing Thunderbolts. Screenwriter Eric Pearson (Black Widow), is writing. Thunderbolts is slated to bow on July 26, 2024.

Yeun broke out playing Glenn Rhee on AMC’s The Walking Dead from 2010-16 and has enjoyed a robust career after exiting the show. He earned an Oscar nomination for Minari, starred in Jordan Peele’s Nope and currently voices the lead character on Amazon’s animated comic book adaptation Invincible, which hails from The Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...n-yeun-joins-marvels-thunderbolts-1235330495/

That is absolutely some of the worst casting ive ever seen
Radioactive-Man-Marvel-Comics-j.jpg

Why not make him Chen lu. Radioactive man...

@Anung Un Rama

A lot of video chatter saying that Yeun will indeed be playing The Sentry.

And the MCU slow-motion dumpster fire continues...:rolleyes:
I did see a youtube video about it today. Those channels seem to make shit up just for clicks, I really cannot imagine them thinking this would be a good casting choice for Sentry (who, tbf, I hate as a character and would rather not see him in the MCU at all. Even Hyperion. Too powerful. I'd only be ok with Gladiator, as part of a Shi'ar storyline, as the MCU superman (and would be ok with him being killed off after being introduced)

I did see a youtube video about it today. Those channels seem to make shit up just for clicks, I really cannot imagine them thinking this would be a good casting choice for Sentry (who, tbf, I hate as a character and would rather not see him in the MCU at all. Even Hyperion. Too powerful. I'd only be ok with Gladiator, as part of a Shi'ar storyline, as the MCU superman (and would be ok with him being killed off after being introduced)

Yeah, but sometimes they get it right as well. I really, really hope this isn't one of them, or I'm done with the MCU.

Even the writers who created Sentry in the first place quickly realised they'd fucked up by making him so ridiculously over powered. The only way to explain why Sentry just doesn't fly in and end every fight in a few seconds was to give him crippling mental illnesses/low self esteem along with The Void split-personality.

If they want a Superman-type character, park a huge truck filled with money outside Henry Cavil's house until he agrees to play Captain Britain;)

Update: January 3, 2024

Steven Yeun No Longer Starring in Marvel Studios' THUNDERBOLTS

Steven-Yeun-Sentry-1.png

Steven Yeun will not be suiting up for Thunderbolts, the antihero-centric feature in the works from Marvel Studios, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Yeun’s involvement in Thunderbolts was first reported back in February, though Marvel never officially announced the casting. Five months earlier, during a D23 presentation, the studio revealed Florence Pugh, Sebastian Stan, David Harbour, Wyatt Russell and Julia Louis-Dreyfus were among the Marvel mainstays who would be in the film.

Like many tentpoles, Thunderbolts was struck by last year’s dual writers and actors strikes, which put schedules in disarray across Hollywood. Thunderbolts was initially slated for July 2024, but was pushed back a year to July 2025 and has yet to begin filming.

Jake Schreier is directing Thunderbolts, which is rumored to assemble a team of Marvel’s antiheroes and villains.

Yeun already leads a high-profile comic book property as the voice star of Invincible, Amazon’s adaptation of the Robert Kirkman comic. He rose to prominence as one of the leads of The Walking Dead and is in the awards season race for his Netflix limited series Beef.

Back