Movies THUNDERBOLTS (Steven Yeun Exits Film, post #139)

Yeah, Skarsgard was in the running for Thor. This was back when he was still in True Blood.

Skarsgard is my No. 1 choice for my fantasy casting for Sentry.
IuZSBlX.jpg

Skaarsgard unhinged could pull off the Void.

Skaarsgard unhinged could pull off the Void.
I love Void in Marvel Contest of Champions, which is much different than portrayed in the comics. I hate the idea of either one of them being introduced as they're so OP, but the MCOC Void would look amazing on film. And definitely Skaarsgard. I don't think I ever want Ryan in the MCU, and I like Ryan's wife, I mean Ryan.

sentry-and-void-marvel-contest-of-champions.gif

Man, not a fan of the Sentry character at all. The way Marvel & Wizard tried to say the character was a “long lost Lee/Kirby” type creation and then backtrack into a “Lee/Kirbyesque era” character pissed young Clinch off.

Hyperion though, big fan.
Wish they’d develop Supreme Power into a show of sorts.

detail.jpg

I love Void in Marvel Contest of Champions, which is much different than portrayed in the comics. I hate the idea of either one of them being introduced as they're so OP, but the MCOC Void would look amazing on film. And definitely Skaarsgard. I don't think I ever want Ryan in the MCU, and I like Ryan's wife, I mean Ryan.

sentry-and-void-marvel-contest-of-champions.gif

I got Void as a 6* Rank 3. Can't wait to get him as a 7 star in 2030.

If you want the character extra gritty then go with Skarsgård. Always been a fan of his work. Wasn't he being looked at for Thor way back when?
Skarsgard definitely. Has that "distant" look. Gosling is great, but Skarsgard kills this role.

Update: February 23, 2023

The Walking Dead's Steven Yeun Joins the Cast of Marvel Studios' THUNDERBOLTS

thunderbolts_steven_yeun-1024x538.jpg

Steven Yeun, who more than a decade ago broke out as part of the biggest show on TV, is now joining the biggest film franchise of all time. The former The Walking Dead star has been cast in Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Yeun’s role is being kept under wraps, but it is said to be key. Like all Marvel castings, it could extend into other projects.

Thunderbolts focuses on Marvel’s shady characters. The roster teased at last year’s D23 included Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier), David Harbour (Red Guardian), Wyatt Russell (U.S. Agent), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Valentina Allegra de Fontaine). The Bear’s Ayo Edebiri is also among the cast.

“It tells you a lot about the team when beloved Winter Soldier is the most stable among them,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige quipped at D23 while introducing the team.

Robot & Frank’s Jake Schreier is directing Thunderbolts. Screenwriter Eric Pearson (Black Widow), is writing. Thunderbolts is slated to bow on July 26, 2024.

Yeun broke out playing Glenn Rhee on AMC’s The Walking Dead from 2010-16 and has enjoyed a robust career after exiting the show. He earned an Oscar nomination for Minari, starred in Jordan Peele’s Nope and currently voices the lead character on Amazon’s animated comic book adaptation Invincible, which hails from The Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...n-yeun-joins-marvels-thunderbolts-1235330495/

Back