• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Thug Rose hits the same takedown on Weili in the 5th round as she did on Joanna in the 5th round

Lol the fuck. What are the standards of mods these days
djzoo-rogan.gif

It was a sweet takedown. I remember talking about in the forum's PBP.

Was cheering for Zheili but Rose is just better.

Weili had great offensive wrestling. She had good defense while on the ground, minimizing damage, but her take down defense was shit and she didn't know how to get back up.

Ok, see I'm going to basically have to counter what you have to say here. For one thing, Rose was 2/2 on her TDs. While that is 100%, being taken down twice is hardly enough to call her defense shit. Rose is one of the most accurate among all of the women in the UFC when it comes to TDs.

Also, it is a hell of a lot easier to play defense on the ground when you aren't looking for a way to improve your position to get up. Weili played scared, and rightly so, of Rose's finishing abilities. There wasn't much at all to be impressed about Weili's defense because she never ever put herself at risk.

Weili may have been 5/11 on her TDs, but if you include her offensive grappling on the ground, I'm also not impressed. Rose was much better when they went down, and kept control in basically every situation. Even when Weili technically had her back on the ground, Rose had total control of her wrists and made the position no threat.

Fedor used to do a similar takedown that was more of a sweep after throwing an overhand. Rose got some slick technique man holy moly. It's so fast, I'm kinda surprised we don't see this type of punch trip takedown more often.

Not a takedown vs Joanna according to the unified rules as it did not lead to an attack. Not that anybody bothers to apply the rules properly but rather cherry pick them to favor your favorites.

Oh chit, team runs the ball on 3rd and short...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back