Throwback to when Machida destroyed Rashad Evans

Ufc98poster.jpg

‘Suga’ Rashad Evans came into the fight as an undefeated newly crowned champion with a record of 13-0-1 (18-0-1 according to the UFC)

7C5B6634-1422-0E8C-9AC13368B4A40AE3.jpg

With victories over two of the UFC’s biggest stars at the time in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans was crowned fighter of the year in 2008 by several MMA media websites.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

bcm5TSz.gif

Enter ‘The Dragon’ Lyoto Machida

CautiousPalatableAnteater-size_restricted.gif

3n9n5vbtakuz.gif

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Lyoto Machida was also undefeated in his MMA career with a 14-0 perfect record with victories over the likes of Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn, Stephen Bonnar, Thiago Silva, etc. Machida never lost a round in his UFC career at this point.

The matchup was the first time two undefeated fighters have competed in a UFC title fight.

evans-machida.jpg

Machida outclassed Rashad Evans using his unorthodox Machida karate style to time Evans and explode with strikes, rocking him towards the end of round 1 before finishing him in brutal fashion in round 2.

ff7pcm.gif

machida-and-evans-exchange.gif

ZVJV7E.gif

giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

lyotomachida_with_title.jpg

Although the “Machida era” was shortly lived, this performance remains as one of the most dominant championship performances of any fighter in MMA.

Will there ever be a more iconic unconscious face than <mma2> ?

Poor Rashad.

"If you have a dweem. Go head. I can do that"

"Thank you Joe Rogan"
Best post fight speech ever. Shit English yet so inspiring! :D

I don’t believe so, poor Rashad indeed <2>

Does the dude have a podcast or is he in the public eye in any other way? I really like when he drops by the Ariel's show, but other than that I don't see him too often.

Does the dude have a podcast or is he in the public eye in any other way? I really like when he drops by the Ariel's show, but other than that I don't see him too often.

I wish, I would like to see him on JRE, he was recently on Mike Tyson’s new podcast which was pretty fascinating.

Ufc98poster.jpg

‘Suga’ Rashad Evans came into the fight as an undefeated newly crowned champion with a record of 13-0-1 (18-0-1 according to the UFC)

With victories over two of the UFC’s biggest stars at the time in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans was crowned fighter of the year in 2008 by several MMA media websites.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

bcm5TSz.gif

3n9n5vbtakuz.gif

Lyoto Machida was also undefeated in his MMA career with a 14-0 perfect record with victories over the likes of Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn, Stephen Bonnar, Thiago Silva, etc. Machida never lost a round in his UFC career at this point.

The matchup was the first time two undefeated fighters have competed in a UFC title fight.

evans-machida.jpg

Machida outclassed Rashad Evans using his unorthodox Machida karate style to time Evans and explode with strikes, rocking him towards the end of round 1 before finishing him in brutal fashion in round 2.

ff7pcm.gif

ZVJV7E.gif

giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Although the “Machida era” was shortly lived, this performance remains as one of the most dominant championship performances of any fighter in MMA.

Another good one BC. Enjoyed it thouroughly.

Did she sub you?
Haha no. I wrestled with her fiancee in high school though. He wasnt good. She threw hay better than some bitch ass men who came through where we worked and she worked inside unless they called out over the heat.

Another side note. I wrestled a female olympian once at a wrestling camp when i was 15. I was a relative nobody and i smoked her. So did my teammate. Women shouldnt compete with men. Except the girl from the above story in naked cowboy karate.

Suga Rashad was my first favorite fighter that was the first fight I watched in mma that left me bummed out lmao
He was one of my favorites at the time as well. I really wanted him to expose Machida as a hype machine but deep down I knew Machida was better.

classic koscheck syndrome

rashad and kos are kind of similar too, both guys had some of the best double legs/wrestling in their division, get a couple knockouts then fall in love with overhands n shit.

Kos was another of my favorites at the time, I actually thought he had a shot at beating GSP when the fought. But in reality I knew who was better in that one too

Bro hes my profile pic on my fb gaming page. P4p numba #1 machida fan IMG_20190324_044330.jpg

This was one of those cases where a guy lost before he even got into the cage.

Ufc98poster.jpg

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

bcm5TSz.gif

3n9n5vbtakuz.gif

evans-machida.jpg

ff7pcm.gif

ZVJV7E.gif

giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

One of the first fight that rly got me into a hardcore mma fan.

Back