Throwback to when Machida destroyed Rashad Evans

I'll see your Evans destruction and raise you...

095lyotomachidavsjonjones_gallery_post.jpg

GOAT, but this is about Machida vs Evans, perhaps create your own thread on Machida vs Jones, bud.

Fantastic post

Please do Rockhold vs Kennedy next!

Machida era was so great. It was like a movie character come to life.
I was a beleiver. and for years i talked shit on karate.

side note. i met a sexy girl i worked with years back who did karate and she was surprisngly fast and threw crisp punches. a little cowgirl. anyways.

Ufc98poster.jpg

‘Suga’ Rashad Evans came into the fight as an undefeated newly crowned champion with a record of 13-0-1 (18-0-1 according to the UFC)

7C5B6634-1422-0E8C-9AC13368B4A40AE3.jpg

With victories over two of the UFC’s biggest stars at the time in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans was crowned fighter of the year in 2008 by several MMA media websites.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

bcm5TSz.gif

Enter ‘The Dragon’ Lyoto Machida

CautiousPalatableAnteater-size_restricted.gif

3n9n5vbtakuz.gif

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Lyoto Machida was also undefeated in his MMA career with a 14-0 perfect record with victories over the likes of Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn, Stephen Bonnar, Thiago Silva, etc. Machida never lost a round in his UFC career at this point.

The matchup was the first time two undefeated fighters have competed in a UFC title fight.

evans-machida.jpg

Machida outclassed Rashad Evans using his unorthodox Machida karate style to time Evans and explode with strikes, rocking him towards the end of round 1 before finishing him in brutal fashion in round 2.

ff7pcm.gif

machida-and-evans-exchange.gif

ZVJV7E.gif

giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

lyotomachida_with_title.jpg

Although the “Machida era” was shortly lived, this performance remains as one of the most dominant championship performances of any fighter in MMA.
giphy.gif

I was a beleiver. and for years i talked shit on karate.

side note. i met a sexy girl i worked with years back who did karate and she was surprisngly fast and threw crisp punches. a little cowgirl. anyways.
Did she sub you?

WAR Machida!!!
  • undefeated LHW champ
  • MW contender at one point
  • highlight reel KO collection
  • undefeated fighter killer (7 first losses given)
  • hype smasher (Silva, Soko, Moose, Anders)
  • respectful and humble
  • unorthodox and technical
  • real-life Karate Kid / Ryu
  • bringer of the SHADFACE
  • still on a 3 fight win streak at 40!
giphy.gif

@BC love the thread, props.

You forgot something
He barely fought any cans
Even before entering UFC, he fough Rich, BJ, Bonnar

TS, I wish your gif series of the shadface KO included the showboating/taunting that precipitated that final flurry. It made the victory that much sweeter.

Ufc98poster.jpg

‘Suga’ Rashad Evans came into the fight as an undefeated newly crowned champion with a record of 13-0-1 (18-0-1 according to the UFC)

7C5B6634-1422-0E8C-9AC13368B4A40AE3.jpg

With victories over two of the UFC’s biggest stars at the time in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans was crowned fighter of the year in 2008 by several MMA media websites.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

bcm5TSz.gif

Enter ‘The Dragon’ Lyoto Machida

CautiousPalatableAnteater-size_restricted.gif

3n9n5vbtakuz.gif

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Lyoto Machida was also undefeated in his MMA career with a 14-0 perfect record with victories over the likes of Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn, Stephen Bonnar, Thiago Silva, etc. Machida never lost a round in his UFC career at this point.

The matchup was the first time two undefeated fighters have competed in a UFC title fight.

evans-machida.jpg

Machida outclassed Rashad Evans using his unorthodox Machida karate style to time Evans and explode with strikes, rocking him towards the end of round 1 before finishing him in brutal fashion in round 2.

ff7pcm.gif

machida-and-evans-exchange.gif

ZVJV7E.gif

giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

lyotomachida_with_title.jpg

Although the “Machida era” was shortly lived, this performance remains as one of the most dominant championship performances of any fighter in MMA.
Always blew my mind that Shogun beat him. The style match-up just didn't make sense to me.

This fight happened because Rampage had revealed a jaw injury shortly after defeating Jardine.

Rashad was riding high on his recent KO wins, and was very happy to commit to pure stand-up in his fights. Rampage fighting Rashad during this specific time is one of the biggest “what-ifs” in MMA for me.

"If you have a dweem. Go head. I can do that"

"Thank you Joe Rogan"

TS, I wish your gif series of the shadface KO included the showboating/taunting that precipitated that final flurry. It made the victory that much sweeter.

I tried to find it but I couldn’t find any quality gifs.

Always blew my mind that Shogun beat him. The style match-up just didn't make sense to me.

That was peak Shogun in my opinion, he fought a very calculated fight and was the first fighter in the UFC to get Machida’s timing down.

Back