Throwback: Royce Gracie being choked out by Wallid Ismail in 4 minutes

He passed the level. Time for him to challenge Master Fabio.

KDoQs.gif

Meh, never heard of him vs. Royce the indisputable legend. Fighting in pajamas does not interest me.

Mad as a box of spiders Walked is

I'm a couple months into Judo... and this only confirms why I went into Judo instead of BJJ (which of course there's arguments to be made both ways).<GOT3>
Folkstyle wrestling > Freestyle wrestling > BJJ > Greco-Roman wrestling > Judo

Are they on a baseball diamond?

Think about it. Oppss, I gave you the answer key....<Y2JSmirk>

You're just spewing nonsense, if I'm going to be straight with you.

The only logical thing you could have implied is that:

1. Judo is better than BJJ because Royce Gracie (who I assume, you assume...is the GOAT BJJ player, which he's not at all) was choked out by a top luta livre guy (also BJJ basically btw, it's what Nogs and Shogun do I believe).

or

2. You think being choked unconscious is dangerous.

I'm not sure which and no you really gave no hints or said anything but cryptic riddle-level remarks. Regarding point two...Royce chose not to tap and it was clearly a competition environment against a massive name at the time with high stakes of rich vs poor, Gracie BJJ vs Luta Livre. So the choke was held to win the match, he chose to go to sleep rather than tap.

If you are implying Judo is superior to BJJ well, we've already seen UFC1 and early MMA/Vale Tudo. We see tons of BJJ being used today and very little Judo in modern MMA, trips and stuff are still effective but rarely do we see anyone doing the "sexier" Judo tosses besides very few instances, and since Rousey against soccer mom competition.

Judo is a legit martial art, it's effective, but it's clearly not as effective as BJJ. There's really no debating that. And on top of that clearly Wrestling + BJJ combined to some degree for "grappling" in MMA and real fights is the best and most effective style. Obvious there are facets of every martial art being used, even less effective arts like Karate/Taekwondo can have effective components, we've seen it. But again not sure what you even meant.

Back