Three Options For Dominick Cruz If He Beats Cody Garbrandt At 207

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
I can't do a poll but I will list the three options you can choose from or say other if not.

1. TJ Dillashaw/John Linekar winner
2. Frankie Edgar Decided To Move Down To 135
3. Demetrius Johnson Moves Up For A Rematch

My number one choice would be Dillashaw/Linekar winner, more so if TJ wins.

It has to be number 1, especially if it's TJ
Franklin Edgar shouldn't get an instant shot
DJ wants to break records and is injured

Id like to see Edgar get that second belt and try 45 again to become the first 3div champ. Good idea TS.

He's said previously he wants Aldo at 145, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen as Aldo needs an opponent anyway.

If Cruz has a second straight uncompetitive title defense and TJ wins that's the fight to make. We also can't dismiss the possibility that Lineker misses weight again and is denied a title shot after the biggest win of his life.

Why would he fight Mighty Mouse again? That would be pointless.

He should fight winner of TJ/Lineker.

I want to see he and TJ fight again, but would be happy seeing Lineker get a shot, too, if he beats Dillashaw. Both fighters offer a tough challenge.

Edit: Wanted to add, if Lineker wins, I would love to see Dillashaw and Mighty Mouse fight. TJ has solid options after this fight, win or lose, in my opinion.

Mouse. Older post injury Dom vs peaking DJ. Might be even.

I can't do a poll but I will list the three options you can choose from or say other if not.

1. TJ Dillashaw/John Linekar winner
2. Frankie Edgar Decided To Move Down To 135
3. Demetrius Johnson Moves Up For A Rematch

My number one choice would be Dillashaw/Linekar winner, more so if TJ wins.

It has to be Dillashaw(He'll beat Linekar). They fought a razor close first fight and I would love to see them run it back again. Edgar needs to fight one fight at least at 135 before we even consider him.

I know a lot of people hate Dillashaw but he really is an elite fighter.

Lineker/TJ winner.
but very interesting the two other options mainly rematch with DJ

Frankie should cut down to 135 and fight a couple of top 5 contenders before getting a title shot
DJ would most likely lose to Cruz again
TJ should get a rematch after he beats Lineker

I want to see he and TJ fight again, but would be happy seeing Lineker get a shot, too, if he beats Dillashaw. Both fighters offer a tough challenge.

Edit: Wanted to add, if Lineker wins, I would love to see Dillashaw and Mighty Mouse fight. TJ has solid options after this fight, win or lose, in my opinion.

Agree with this entire post, If Dillashaw loses to Linekar he has the option of going down and fighting Johnson, DJ needs the opposition at the moment and that would be his trademark fight at Flyweight to date.

Dillashaw gave Cruz such a tough fight, that can always be replayed down the line if he doesn't beat Linekar.

For the love of gawd, the winner of Linekar/Dillshaw is the right choice.

For the love of gawd, the winner of Linekar/Dillshaw is the right choice.

I agree completely, but with the way it's been this year and recently Dana saying Cruz has ''Big opportunities waiting if he wins at 207'' something along them lines, wouldn't be shocking to see Dillashaw overlooked again for a more marketable name like Edgar.

He's said previously he wants Aldo at 145, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen as Aldo needs an opponent anyway.
I don't think Dom's legs would survive.....
Aldo kicks them to death

Back