Thowback Thursday: ESPN The Season - Iowa Wrestling

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Documentary giving you a glimpse into the Iowa wrestling program. If you didn't know, Iowa is historically one of the best, if not the best, team in NCAA history. They had an unbelievable run under Dan Gable. This documentary shows Iowa in the 2001-2002 season. Watch and enjoy.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Last edited:
Iowa_State_Cyclones3.jpg

Minnesota "Dog Days" (documentary on Minnesota wrestling in 2004-2005):

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Last edited:
Oklahoma State is actually a more successful team, historically, but no team has been more dominant under a single coach than Iowa was under Dan Gable.

Unfortunately this thread will largely go ignored. The typical BJJ guy could use some inspiration for attitude and work ethic from this series.

I remember watching this a year or two ago, great documentary!

This is a great doc. Gable is such a badass.

Loved watching this and recently gave the links yesterday to my prodigy who just took gold at the Brock Open. Can't wait for Foxcatcher to come out also.
Any more wrestling documentaries you people have post them in here i'd love to share them.
Cheers.

Unfortunately this thread will largely go ignored. The typical BJJ guy could use some inspiration for attitude and work ethic from this series.

It is an hour and 20 minute or so documentary on wrestling. If you aren't interested in wrestling, I wouldn't imagine that you would watch it. You'd rather watch an hour documentary on BJJ if you are a "BJJ guy", ya know? I agree they could learn a lot about attitude. I learned a lot about attitude from it.

Last edited:
It is like an hour documentary on wrestling. If you aren't interested in wrestling, I wouldn't imagine that you would watch it. You'd rather watch an hour documentary on BJJ if you are a "BJJ guy", ya know? I agree they could learn a lot about attitude. I learned a lot about attitude from it.

Even just the understanding as to why the new WB with the 4 years of wrestling will "spaz"

I used to have this recorded, watched it countless times.

It is an hour and 20 minute or so documentary on wrestling. If you aren't interested in wrestling, I wouldn't imagine that you would watch it. You'd rather watch an hour documentary on BJJ if you are a "BJJ guy", ya know? I agree they could learn a lot about attitude. I learned a lot about attitude from it.

I've watched documentaries on Judo and BJJ. Hell I've watched documentaries on wire walking and all sorts of random things.

Loved watching this and recently gave the links yesterday to my prodigy who just took gold at the Brock Open. Can't wait for Foxcatcher to come out also.
Any more wrestling documentaries you people have post them in here i'd love to share them.
Cheers.

Here ya go. Here is Minnesota "Dog Days":

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

I remember watching this documentary a few years back and falling in love inmediatly with the pace and intensity of wrestling and the determination and work ethic of those guys. I

Back