Movies THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotg 3 is my endgame, because endgame wasn’t very good and the gamora-thanks dynamic was far more interesting to me than Iron msn dying, because Dr. Strange made that clear near the end of IW anyway.

Update: February 1, 2021

First THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER Set Photos Featuring Non-Fat Thor, Star-Lord, Nebula and Kraglin

EtIIG8KXIAAdaQT

38720220-9209501-Crossover_Sean_previously_portrayed_Kraglin_who_appeared_in_Guar-a-77_1612180155556.jpg

38720218-9209501-Incoming_Other_actors_were_seen_in_elaborate_costume_walking_rou-a-79_1612180155559.jpg

38720680-9209501-Muscled_The_actor_was_clearly_in_shape_for_the_role_with_him_wea-m-11_1612182247460.jpg

38720692-9209501-Double_trouble_Chris_was_later_seen_with_a_stunt_double-a-62_1612180155459.jpg

38720236-9209501-Scene_Sean_Gunn_was_seen_in_full_costume_on_set_of_the_film_donn-a-69_1612180155479.jpg

Is looking increasingly like Asguardians of the Galaxy isnt it? I spose with Marvel thats not garenteed as there contracts do let them use characters for smaller roles as with Strange in Ragnarok but it does seem too good a linkup to pass up.

Damn. As a Scandinavian, a woman named "Thor" is the equivalent of her being named "Clive" or "Hank" or something in the Anglosphere. It takes some getting used to!

Plenty of interesting female characters in nordic mythology they could have gone with instead, but oh well, here's hoping for a good movie.

Also, Sif with dark hair... just not right.
In Marvel, Thor is a title. Yeah it makes no sense but it's like that.

notice he has yondus control head piece and the arrow

I can see the comedy relief now with him struggling to use it properly

Well some time has passed now so he practiced he should be better. :D

Has it been stated that she will be refereed to as "Thor" in the film? the comics might have built it up otherwise but in the films it does very much seem to be the characters name rather than a title.

I wonder if the film might play it up that theres not just a switch of powers but of personality? again I think the big problem with Portmans character previously was she was rather bland and just giving her superpowers isnt going to change that. I think theres enough evidence elsewhere that she can play brasher roles well, Vox Lux, Closer, etc.

Has it been stated that she will be refereed to as "Thor" in the film? the comics might have built it up otherwise but in the films it does very much seem to be the characters name rather than a title.

I wonder if the film might play it up that theres not just a switch of powers but of personality? again I think the big problem with Portmans character previously was she was rather bland and just giving her superpowers isnt going to change that. I think theres enough evidence elsewhere that she can play brasher roles well, Vox Lux, Closer, etc.

It's always been a name, both mythologically and in the comics. It's a fairly common male first name in Scandinavia and having a woman use the name is sort of the equivalent of a female Abraham Lincoln in the US (that might be fun, though). The idea that it is now a title can't be more than a few years old. He used to be called Thor Odinson back when I read comics. Giving it to other characters is just a sign of creative fatigue, imo.

It's always been a name, both mythologically and in the comics. It's a fairly common male first name in Scandinavia and having a woman use the name is sort of the equivalent of a female Abraham Lincoln in the US (that might be fun, though). The idea that it is now a title can't be more than a few years old. He used to be called Thor Odinson back when I read comics. Giving it to other characters is just a sign of creative fatigue, imo.

That is used in the films as well and I spose Portman could be reffered to as Thor XXXXdottir/daughter.

Again though has this even been said it will be used in the films or just assumed?

Damn. As a Scandinavian, a woman named "Thor" is the equivalent of her being named "Clive" or "Hank" or something in the Anglosphere. It takes some getting used to!

Plenty of interesting female characters in nordic mythology they could have gone with instead, but oh well, here's hoping for a good movie.

Also, Sif with dark hair... just not right.

Why is Lady Sif with dark hair a problem?

Really? So what was Thor called before he was Thor? Was his name Bill or Joey or something?
No he was Thor. But anyone worthy wielding the hammer can also call themselves Thor.
I am not telling you it is logical, dude, but it is what it is.

Because in Norse sagas she has hair of gold, forged for her by dvarves.
Also Heimdall is called the White Asgardian, being fairest and brightest of all gods, but people usually let it slide cause Idris Elba is a very cool actor.
Also Loki and Thor are not brothers, Loki gave birth to Odin's 8-legged horse Sleipnir and is the father of great wolf Fenrir (Hela's pet in Ragnarok).
Marvel' s version of Asgard is very loosely based on Norse mythology, so many, many things differ. Also, original mythos would get R rated.

No that is incorrect.

The original Marvel Thor story was sold as a human possessing the power of Thor by finding Mjolnir (well he found a stick that turned into the hammer). It wasn't until years later that it was discovered that Donald Blake was really Thor but the very idea that Thor and Thor's powers is more of a title was practically built into and originated in the 60's when the comic book was first created. This idea was revisited again multiple times over the decades when others took up the mantle of Thor whenever Thor "disappeared" or wasn't around to protect earth (Beta Ray Bill, Eric and Kevin Masterson, etc...). This is not new for Marvel.

Last edited:
Because in Norse sagas she has hair of gold, forged for her by dvarves.
Also Heimdall is called the White Asgardian, being fairest and brightest of all gods, but people usually let it slide cause Idris Elba is a very cool actor.
Also Loki and Thor are not brothers, Loki gave birth to Odin's 8-legged horse Sleipnir and is the father of great wolf Fenrir (Hela's pet in Ragnarok).
Marvel' s version of Asgard is very loosely based on Norse mythology, so many, many things differ. Also, original mythos would get R rated.

Yes..

And Thor is supposed to have red hair.
And he's an angry asshole who's capable of murdering innocents if he wishes.
And he cannot fly without his chariot of goats but he can because of his hammer.
And the multiple charms/magic imbued by Odin in the Marvel version do not exist and anyone can pick up Thor's hammer.
Lady Sif isn't a warrior and is married to Thor.

As you stated they've done TONS of changes to every single character to make it not R-rated. Lady Sif having black hair is a very MINOR MINOR change in the grande scheme of things.

Two reasons: 1) she is a fertility goddess and her golden hair symbolizes a field of wheat, ripe for harvest. Her hair and its colour are defining traits in the original myths 2) as another poster said, her hair was stolen by Loki and Thor got dwarves to forge her a new set of magical hair out of pure gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back