Thompson vs Thatch?

cgold21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is this the least exciting Main Event in UFC history?

Did you ever see these two guys fight ?

Because it's far from being the least exciting main event in UFC history.

McGregor vs Siver is worse to me than Thatch vs Thompson.

Although Cowboy vs Bendo beats them both

I suck, I know James Thompson is fighting Lawal though....

I thought they couldn't go lower than Latifi vs Mousasi. But they did.
Funny how the other Fight Night in Boston (same level of event technically) is getting a good main event and a GREAT co main and then Hall on top of that. UFC hates Colorado.

Also Sweden's co main is not as good as Cowboy vs Benson.

Did you ever see these two guys fight ?

Because it's far from being the least exciting main event in UFC history.

Um yeah... so wins over Cote and Thiago makes it main event worthy? The fight might be great but has no business as a main event

Do you even watch MMA? They are some of the most exciting prospects in MMA today.

Um yeah... so wins over Cote and Thiago makes it main event worthy? The fight might be great but has no business as a main event

Two exciting WW prospects who can become contenders with a win. It's not worse than Gunnar vs Story or Bader vs OSP.

Two exciting WW prospects who can become contenders with a win. It's not worse than Gunnar vs Story or Bader vs OSP.

This. War Wonderboy!

Stephen-Thompson_2_0.jpg

stephen-wonderboy-thompson-KO-highlight.gif

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

ixOQettkt9Xpu.gif

Take a look at their highlights and see if your attitude changes.

That's all well and good. While your right Bader and OSP is definetly worthy, like you said they're exciting but they're prospects. 2 prospects, who lets be honest are nowhere near real contention just isn't main event worthy. There is always the Hardcore fans that follow mma closely that know these guys but my thoughts were mainly for the casuals that bought their tickets and might be like wtf is this? How does it improve ratings? Are they good fighters? ofcourse! Could the fight kick ass? Sure! Will I be watching? Always do! Just my opinion I guess, should not be a main event. Although I guess there isn't many options at this point. Somebody should of stepped up and fought Brown..

That's all well and good. While your right Bader and OSP is definetly worthy, like you said they're exciting but they're prospects. 2 prospects, who lets be honest are nowhere near real contention just isn't main event worthy. There is always the Hardcore fans that follow mma closely that know these guys but my thoughts were mainly for the casuals that bought their tickets and might be like wtf is this? How does it improve ratings? Are they good fighters? ofcourse! Could the fight kick ass? Sure! Will I be watching? Always do! Just my opinion I guess, should not be a main event. Although I guess there isn't many options at this point. Somebody should of stepped up and fought Brown..

This could be a good thing IMO. This fight definitely has the quality to be a main event but I get your point about the name recognition. But in the long run it would be a good thing if main events can be made on the merits of the fight itself. Otherwise before long its gonna look like Bellator up in this bitch, dragging has beens like Tito and Bonnar out because of their name.

Take a look at their highlights and see if your attitude changes.

Oh for fuck 's sake. Lol
I've seen him fight. I've seen them both fight. I know most of you think of yourselves as the biggest, brightest mma minds but maybe it's possible that it might just be one guys opinion two prospects, although good ones isn't main event worthy and more should of been attempted to get one.
It's my own fault, I should of elaborated more. I just wanted people to name not great main events, I don't think they suck, yes I've seen them, yes they're good, yes I'll be watching and I hope it's awesome, and no I don't think the masses and the people attending are all that excited about the event they're going to now. That was my point..
Back to the "do you even watch mma bro"??

This could be a good thing IMO. This fight definitely has the quality to be a main event but I get your point about the name recognition. But in the long run it would be a good thing if main events can be made on the merits of the fight itself. Otherwise before long its gonna look like Bellator up in this bitch, dragging has beens like Tito and Bonnar out because of their name.

Good point. Hopefully it turns out that way.
Names never necessarily mean great fight that's for sure. I'd be pretty surprised if this fight sucked. I'm just saying you want the card to be based on the merits of the fight itself like you said but you need the people to care enough to watch. Does nothing outside of the people that already know them

Plus, let's be honest: Exciting prospects look exciting because they fight lower level competition. How exciting and how good they really are is a unknown until they face legit tio 10 competition. That is one reason why "name recognition" is a viable criterion for main card/event fights. Only when fighting established fighters we get to see the real value of a prospect.

In other words: A sloppy brawl between two head hunters in a regional org (not talking about Wonderboy and Thatch) might be quite entertaining but that doesn't necessarily make it a good fight. A technical fight is a good fight but without proper competition we don't know how technical a fighter can fight if necessary.

Back