Thompson vs Thatch?

It's an exciting fight where the winner will gain A LOT of hype. It's definitely better main event on paper than Marquardt vs. Te Huna, Bader vs. St. Preux, Mousasi vs. Latifi or Dong vs. Hathaway.

neither are top 15 yet, and most people don't know who they are.. They already have hype among people that watch everything. Yeah they'll gain some more...

agree: Marquardt- Te Huna... ughh

Bader still name, high caliber fighter and OSP had hype also.. Losing to Bader cooled that down. then he ko'd shogun..

Stun Gun and Hathaway still more established..

Mousasi alone is established enough to main event a fuel card.. Yes opponent was nothing to get excited about.

neither are top 15 yet, and most people don't know who they are.. They already have hype among people that watch everything. Yeah they'll gain some more...

agree: Marquardt- Te Huna... ughh

Bader still name, high caliber fighter and OSP had hype also.. Losing to Bader cooled that down. then he ko'd shogun..

Stun Gun and Hathaway still more established..

Mousasi alone is established enough to main event a fuel card.. Yes opponent was nothing to get excited about.

The co-main betheer Holloway and Cole Miller includes two more "entablished" fighters. Also Nick Lentz vs. Thiago Tavares is a clash of two "entablished" fighters. They don't headline cards because there's not much at stake.

With Thatch vs. Thompson, UFC gets a new contender. And it's a Fight Night card.

The co-main betheer Holloway and Cole Miller includes two more "entablished" fighters. Also Nick Lentz vs. Thiago Tavares is a clash of two "entablished" fighters. They don't headline cards because there's not much on the stake.

With Thatch vs. Thompson, UFC gets a new contender. And it's a Fight Night card.

yes but they pale in comparison to some of the others you named. I really thought Holloway would make waves but the back to back losses killed that for the time being.

I'm not bad mouthing the ability of Thompson or Thatch but two mostly unknown fighters who with a win will maybe be a contender for, top 15? Certainly nowhere near a contender for a title, is a not a great main event. That's so far down the road we have no clue where they'll end up. They have a long road for any serious consideration
That says nothing of their talent or what the caliber of the fight could be..

On the contrary, i'm far more excited about this than any UFN main event involving over-the-hill PRIDE legends.

For the record Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson was the least interesting headliner of all time for me.

If you had said "least logical" or something to that effect, you may have been able to make an argument- but "the least exciting..." shows you either haven't seen these guys fight, or don't know the meaning of "exciting".

I feel bad for the people who bought tickets to see Brown vs Saff though.

lol @ TS showing that he doesn't even watch the fights

TS
After the fight the winner will be a ww contender. I believe thatch could be top 5 with a win over Thompson and then a top 10 win. Huge potential. Watch him fight.

This is an extremely exciting fight actually; it's just an odd main event.

Thatch-KarateBoy will be a better fight than Hendricks clinching Immortal into a living death. On paper, Hendricks-Immortal is more high-profile, but in reality, Thatch-KarateBoy is more meaningful as far as the future of the WW division is concerned. Were people getting their jimmies rustled this much when Jones was headlining Versus cards (against Matyshenko and Vera)?

I really don't get people complaining about this fight.
Compared to Te Huna main eventing anything, this is one of the better fights in recent history.

I'm going to the card and the lineup has a RFA or WSOF feel to it. I'm a fight fan so I want to see it but it sucks that this is my first ufc event. I wouldn't have purchased the ticket with this lineup. I guess it's the price I pay for purchasing in advance.

Tim Kennedy vs Rafael Natal? Jeremy Stephens vs Cub Swanson??

Card's on valentines day so I don't know why they scheduled it for that day but I doubt they're expecting huge ratings

Back