This Weekend's Card is Sneaky Good.

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not really many "huge" fights but from top to bottom it's pretty decent.

upload_2021-12-2_18-20-39.png
Smolka always puts on a good fight. Murzakanov is a good prospect making his debut. Next fight I don't know too much about aside from Gruetzemacher beat the crap out of Lauzon. William Knight vs Menifield are to huge guys throwing bombs. Likely ends in KO. Women fight (gotta be one in there and actually is the only one.) Matthews always has fun fight and is legit so if Wells can smash him that makes a statement. Barberena always has great fights. Kape is coming off a crazy KO and Zhalgas is ight, not the greatest but I know the two. I could go up to the top but as you go higher there are more reasons to watch the fights. Only a couple fighters I'm not too familiar with and it's the women's fight so there's a good pee break

A lot of fun fights on Saturday. I'll definitely be tuning in.

I mean, I'm not sure this is what I'd describe as 'sneaky', it's pretty overt.

Jose Aldo is fighting, and he's facing a top contender. Great fight.

Riddell vs Fiziev is literally a JBG fan's wet dream.

Jim Crute vs Jamahal Hill has endless potential, and is hard to pin down (though I'm firmly siding with Crute in this one).

Menifield vs Knight, the return of Smolka, Matthews vs Wells will be aggressive, Manel Kape is fighting (he's a kill or stand still type of fighter), even Maki vs Todorovic has some real potential for violence. I haven't even mentioned Allen vs Curtis, which should just be good quality.

Manel Kape is fighting (he's a kill or stand still type of fighter)

Kape is definitely too inactive, he lost the Pantoja fight by staring at him til the last 5 seconds of each round, and while he should have won the Nicolau fight (judges really fucked up on this one) he had the same problem.
The blitzing at the end of the round thing worked in his last fight but he can't base his strategy on a 30 seconds window of action, his corner MUST know that lol.

Beat me to it . It's PPV worthy outside of a title fight main event and a fight for casuals .

Kape is definitely too inactive, he lost the Pantoja fight by staring at him til the last 5 seconds of each round, and while he should have won the Nicolau fight (judges really fucked up on this one) he had the same problem.
The blitzing at the end of the round thing worked in his last fight but he can't base his strategy on a 30 seconds window of action, his corner MUST know that lol.

Agreed.

Dana will get sick of him pretty quick if his fights are always hyped up and he keeps letting him down in the violence stakes. Whether he's waiting to unleash the perfect strike or not is no excuse - fight, don't wait for your opponent to make a mistake.

That said, I'm wanting to see him fight more before I throw him under the bus. This weekend is a test for him, no question, and he deserves to be in the position he's in.

@Bubzeh won't leave me alone about the Buys Vs Martin fight, safe to say he's very excited.

Disappointing lack of ladies elsewhere on the card though.

Agreed.

Dana will get sick of him pretty quick if his fights are always hyped up and he keeps letting him down in the violence stakes. Whether he's waiting to unleash the perfect strike or not is no excuse - fight, don't wait for your opponent to make a mistake.

That said, I'm wanting to see him fight more before I throw him under the bus. This weekend is a test for him, no question, and he deserves to be in the position he's in.

Might be a cardio issue, he's struggled with his cut and in Japan he fought at 135.

There's a 5-0 guy on the card? Man I remember when you needed an 8-1 W/L ratio for the UFC to even consider you for a roster spot if you were an unknown.

I have no problems ripping apart fight night cards but there are definitely alot of - close on paper- solid fights on card.

Main and co main are coin flip fights .

I'll be watching

Not really many "huge" fights but from top to bottom it's pretty decent.

View attachment 894476
Smolka always puts on a good fight. Murzakanov is a good prospect making his debut. Next fight I don't know too much about aside from Gruetzemacher beat the crap out of Lauzon. William Knight vs Menifield are to huge guys throwing bombs. Likely ends in KO. Women fight (gotta be one in there and actually is the only one.) Matthews always has fun fight and is legit so if Wells can smash him that makes a statement. Barberena always has great fights. Kape is coming off a crazy KO and Zhalgas is ight, not the greatest but I know the two. I could go up to the top but as you go higher there are more reasons to watch the fights. Only a couple fighters I'm not too familiar with and it's the women's fight so there's a good pee break
shit, shame I have to miss this one. was really looking forward to it, but I'll be watching boxing at the arena in LA

15 fights that still haven't been canceled? Imma be hammered for Aldo vs Font.

Very nice card. Smolka as the curtain jerker shows the depth and quality of it.

Back