News This week’s UFC cuts

Pudliova had some tough decision loses. It’s a shame she has been cut as she was entertaining for wmma

Mike Perry has been fighting nothing but ranked opponents. Davis has fought one ranked opponent his entire UFC career.
Brandon is a prelim fighter though. He was fairly competitive from what I seen. Usually lost decisions.

Brandon is a prelim fighter though. He was fairly competitive from what I seen. Usually lost decisions.
What on earth does that even mean for someone to be a "prelim" fighter?

He got completely annihilated by Barzola, and it was a miracle that his last two fights were split decisions. Media unanimously scored his last two fights against him:

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10456/Giga-Chikadze-vs-Brandon-Davis
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10332/Kyung-Ho-Kang-vs-Brandon-Davis

He has shown nothing to suggest he belongs in the UFC at this point.

Most of these cuts are fine, Brandon Davis was ok, could've gotten him one more fight I guess.

Davis always came to fight, but he did keep losing. I wouldn't have been upset if they gave him one more chance.

And to think he actually had a bit of prospect buzz on here once solely because He Big.
Not just big, enormous. And young, and new to MMA. Just sucks he hasn't really progressed at all since we very first saw him. Usually the young guys progress like crazy in the first handful of years of training.

Jumeau and Katona are odd cuts. I really think the UFC needs to keep international talent, but I suspect the visa paperwork and extra costs for flights gives the ufc incentive to cut them quicker.

Too bad for Killa B. Things just wouldn't go his way. He will actually be missed I believe, and he had his moments of greatness. Only (or one of the onlyiest) Omoplata subs in UFC history right? Juan Adams has personality and potential still at least. Killa B prolly about done. Sorry guys...
Which Killa B are you referring to? two Killa Bs got released in the list above! OK, so one is Killer B...

upload_2020-2-12_13-17-51.png
upload_2020-2-12_13-18-21.png

When will they cut Jessica eye, I could name like three dudes out of that bunch that at least bring the entertainment factor. Katona should’ve been given at least another fight

She's 4-1 and one of the top ranked fighters in her division.

Jumeau and Katona are odd cuts. I really think the UFC needs to keep international talent, but I suspect the visa paperwork and extra costs for flights gives the ufc incentive to cut them quicker.
Jumeau cut makes sense. He's looked pretty terrible in his last 3 outings. He only beat Daichi Abe based on a referee error.

Katona finished Bryce Mitchell on TUF, and looked to have tons of potential. But he got completely shut down his last two fights. Merab embarrassed him.

Jumeau cut makes sense. He's looked pretty terrible in his last 3 outings. He only beat Daichi Abe based on a referee error.

Katona finished Bryce Mitchell on TUF, and looked to have tons of potential. But he got completely shut down his last two fights. Merab embarrassed him.
I would have given Jumeau one more go on a local card (i.e. Felder Hooker), but he isn't a completely outrageous cut. I think his contract just expired so he wasn't downright cut. Wouldn't surprise me if he's resigned for the next NZ event (assuming he gets a win before then). I thought Katona would certainly get another shot being a TUF winner, SBG boi and Canadian

i honestly know only like 2 names there. reyes who just beat jones and killa b.

thats really strange they cut reyes. he just beat jones.

What on earth are you talking about? He's lost three in a row.
I meant because the fight just happened a couple days beforehand. Usually there is a thinking on it period between these cuts. I wasnt saying I didnt agree with it.

When will they cut Jessica eye, I could name like three dudes out of that bunch that at least bring the entertainment factor. Katona should’ve been given at least another fight
Isn't he that Canadian turned Irish Conor wannabe sell out? Im cool with it.

I doubt many others care, but I'm gutted to see Luke Jumeau gone. He was a good, entertaining fighter and was 2-2 (with the last loss being a split dec).

I really thought he'd be on the Auckland card coming up. Give him one last chance, in his home country, to get a win.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more annoying that is. It wouldn't have really cost the UFC anything at all to put him on that card, and it's another local fighter who'd sell some tickets.

Ah well, UFC gonna UFC I guess.

Juan Adams was just horrible, horrible. His walk from the changing room to the ring was bad, bad, he looked scared or on the edge of running. In the fight he was slow, predictable, unathletic and boring. Ended up being KOed in one minute.
And he was in a main card fight, the last fight before the co-main event, let that sink........

So, he is probably the first UFC fighter to be fired right from a main card?

Back