This Ronda Media Blackout has done the UFC more permanent damage than it's worth

Sherdoggers being morons thinking rondas "no media" is "no media"

She did Conan , Ellen, ESPN magazine, and others

She already targeted her audience... talking to Ariel and joe Rohan means nothing

Don't know if Ronda's popularity has gone down or what, but the weigh ins were not as packed as I would have expected. There were tons of empty seats and the whole middle section was open. Don't know how much that had to do with those greedy fucks wanting to charge 20$ to park at the T Mobile arena though. I said fuck that and parked elsewhere.

I don't think they're gonna make a lot of $$$ on this fight. No one really cares about it
Yep, I expect it to make some money. But not expecting near the million mark for buys. There's seemingly almost no hype or buzz going around. Maybe i'm just not seeing it, but it seems like there isn't much there with all the lack of promotion.

A girl at work who knows nothing about mma was suddenly an expert around the time Ronda fought.

After she got her teeth kicked in, I never heard her even mention Rondas name again. Ever.

Women who watch Ellen love Ronda Rousey.

I agree with TS. Bad precedent to set for future "stars".

Generally, it wouldn't be in a Champ's best interests not to promote their fights. It takes money out of their own pockets. And the only reason they've allowed Ronda this leeway is because she's the second biggest star in MMA and they're gambling that her return is promotion enough in itself.

Alzheimers iirc.
Nunes is the champ dumbass!!! They allowed the challenger this leeway..

This media blackout has gotten everyone talking way more than usual

Its a clever trick

Big bank for Ronda and the UFC

Sherdoggers being morons thinking rondas "no media" is "no media"

She did Conan , Ellen, ESPN magazine, and others

She already targeted her audience... talking to Ariel and joe Rohan means nothing

I like your unintentional nod to Tolkien and the Riders of Rohan. Rohirim!

Nunes is the champ dumbass!!! They allowed the challenger this leeway..

Wipe the dribble off your chin, sir. We were talking about how Champs in general would react to the precedent set by Ronda getting this leeway.

Nunes is just too happy to be getting PPV points on Rousey's comeback card to rock the boat. She's basically a lotto winner here.

Last edited:
This media blackout has gotten everyone talking way more than usual

Its a clever trick

Big bank for Ronda and the UFC
Only the hardcore fans are talking about it. The hardcore fans are not that important to the ppv numbers as the casuals. Casual fans have no idea that Ronda is acting childish and avoiding media. But even if this is a success ratings wise, it will still set a terrible precident for the future. UFC will have a lot more difficulty dealing with their stars.

They would've definitely gotten more media attention and more PPV buys and ticket sales if Ronda said anything. But nope, they had to cater to the little sensitive special snowflake princess because Dana is a pansy to his own company's detriment.

It's a marketing ploy. You have to buy the PPV to see Ronda and what she's going to do. It's working. It won't work every time but for a comeback and one time buy rate, it's actually smart.

They would've definitely gotten more media attention and more PPV buys and ticket sales if Ronda said anything. But nope, they had to cater to the little sensitive special snowflake princess because Dana is a pansy to his own company's detriment.

This was a unique situation. Dana had to choose between getting Ronda under these conditions or not getting Ronda at all. This is what it took to get her to come back.

Now, you may think it would be better to just tell Ronda to fuck off, but everyone with a stake in this PPV would disagree with you.

Back