This Ronda Media Blackout has done the UFC more permanent damage than it's worth

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
You have to think that Ronda likely gave the UFC an ultimatum of "I want an MMA media blackout or I'm not coming back". All things considered, the UFC might have been better off letting Ronda retire. She has stated many times that she isn't fighting for long and that this might actually be her last fight so allowing her this luxury is going to hurt them in the future with other big stars.

Conor has already caused a ripple through the UFC with non-superstars demanding new contracts even if they already have an existing one. Allowing Ronda a pass on media will surely cause champs in the future to demand limited media.

And all for what? For a short term money grab?

UFC fucked up. They should have let her walk.

I don't think they're gonna make a lot of $$$ on this fight. No one really cares about it

My dad, someone who watches MMA once in awhile, knows when Conor McGregor is fighting. He has no idea there is a UFC card this Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most fighters aren't going to want the things Ronda wants or think the way Ronda thinks so I don't see a future problem here.

My dad, someone who watches MMA once in awhile, knows when Conor McGregor is fighting. He has know idea there is a UFC card this Friday.
I'm a hard core fan and didn't know it was going to be on a Friday until a few days ago. this PPV is gonna bomb

Generally, it wouldn't be in a Champ's best interests not to promote their fights. It takes money out of their own pockets. And the only reason they've allowed Ronda this leeway is because she's the second biggest star in MMA and they're gambling that her return is promotion enough in itself.

My dad, someone who watches MMA once in awhile, knows when Conor McGregor is fighting. He has know idea there is a UFC card this Friday.

Alzheimers iirc.

I'm a hard core fan and didn't know it was going to be on a Friday until a few days ago. this PPV is gonna bomb

I hope the biggest bomb lands on Ronda's chin courtesy of Amanda Nunes.

The Ronda/Nunes fight is ranked 9th in the number of google searches over the past 24 hours. It's a good sign that people are interested in this fight.

I guess it depends on how they sell.

I'm guessing it'll do something like 800k~ which would be only profit for them.

Generally, it wouldn't be in a Champ's best interests not to promote their fights. It takes money out of their own pockets. And the only reason they've allowed Ronda this leeway is because she's the second biggest star in MMA and they're gambling that her return is promotion enough in itself.

Alzheimers iirc.

The UFC should have promoted Ronda's return using Elton John's song The Bitch is Back.

I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch oh, the bitch is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can bitch, I can bitch 'cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move, the things that I do oh

#TheBitchIsBack

I sure as hell won't be paying for this mediocre card.

Didnt read........but no its not, more people are gonna be watching this ppv than probably every other combat ppv in the history of ppv.....didnt even look at your join date but I bet its been recently, because this is what the UFC does

Zero damage has been done.

The super nerds that call themselves MMA journalists are butt hurt. That's it.

Still a great card with a nice push of momentum due to Ronda being attached to it. I will enjoy it like always because i am a fight fan.

I sure as hell won't be paying for this mediocre card.
Mediocre?

WTF you talking about?

Cruz vs. Cody
Kim vs. Tarec - going to be a great fight
TJ vs. Lineker - going to be a war
Potentially Ronda getting stiffened again.
Big Rigg vs. Magny
Potentially another chance for thatch to KO someone spectacularly...or get RNC'd

Great card.

I think ever since Ronda lost people stopped giving a shet

she was billed as some unbeatable superwoman that casuals love, Holly kicked it all away

Casual Fan: 'Can't wait for the card this Saturday'
Hardcore Fan: 'YES!!'

Even Dana White was saying Saturday during the media scrum, add to the fact that Ronda has done very little media and well... don't hold your breath on any PPV records.

The Ronda/Nunes fight is ranked 9th in the number of google searches over the past 24 hours. It's a good sign that people are interested in this fight.
images.jpg 50c.jpg

I think ever since Ronda lost people stopped giving a shet

she was billed as some unbeatable superwoman that casuals love, Holly kicked it all away
A girl at work who knows nothing about mma was suddenly an expert around the time Ronda fought.

After she got her teeth kicked in, I never heard her even mention Rondas name again. Ever.

Back