This rivalry was soooooo good. Jones vs DC.

Amazing rivalry, only thing holding it back is the lack of competitiveness when it’s fight night.

The mix of tears and emotion on both sides, the fact that both fighters both were demolishing everyone else in LHW, Jones' psychopathy and nice guy DC, steroid saga
One for the history books

Wonder what 20/20 hindsight will reveal about Jones and DC in the future

Psychopath vs Sociopath!<EdgyBrah>
images

I could slap your wife on the ass,Very mature Jon <{nope}>

this is not a movie,it is real life.

Jones is sick.
images

images

images

Jones did not go to see Lyoto condition after the fight,empathy 0.
0 empathy and 0 fucks given about his well being. As a cage fighter should be.

So 40 years from now when you’re telling your recently-came-out-as-gay grandson about the “greatest rivalry in UFC history” you’re just gonna omit the fact the winner was on steroids?
When you come out of the closet are you going to admit Jon is and always will be DC's superior?
<JonesLaugh>

Amazing rivalry, only thing holding it back is the lack of competitiveness when it’s fight night.

The first fight was competitive although Jones definitely did enough to win

The second fight was about even until Jones caught him with the kick

As much as people want to shit on DC, he was Jones toughest challenge (made him take peds) And Sold the most PPV's. That said, Jon is nothing without DC.

Nothing could top this shit. This makes prowrestling gimmicks look extra fake and gay, when these two get together it’s fireworks. I’m gonna miss Jon. He had a great dance partner in DC. Even if he demolished him twice. Jon is a fucking psycho path and honestly, I used to be one of his biggest haters. But I can’t hate him. He’s such a good villain and such a piece of shit person I can’t help but root for the guy for emotions that he gets out of me. It’s like you really made me hate you, Bravo. Hats off to him.

Rivalry? Jones son’d him in the first fight and wrecked him in the second fight. Cormier doesn’t belong in the octagon with Jones, LOL.

GoodnaturedHeavenlyBarebirdbat-size_restricted.gif

0106-tim-burke-vine-2.gif

Jones was the better fighter but DC will have the better post fighting career

Nothing could top this shit. This makes prowrestling gimmicks look extra fake and gay, when these two get together it’s fireworks. I’m gonna miss Jon. He had a great dance partner in DC. Even if he demolished him twice. Jon is a fucking psycho path and honestly, I used to be one of his biggest haters. But I can’t hate him. He’s such a good villain and such a piece of shit person I can’t help but root for the guy for emotions that he gets out of me. It’s like you really made me hate you, Bravo. Hats off to him.

Not in the Octagon. There was no reason for this be considered a rivalry except that DC happened to get an oppurtunity(he wasn't even next in line, Bader and Davis were ahead of him) when Jones got a car accident and you can't just strip a paper champ when the real one returns. THAT is the ACTUAL reason there was a rematch of this fight.

DC is the greatest fighter whose accomplishments are almost always based on being at the right place in the right time.

a)Didn't earn his first fight with Jones by beating Patrick Cummins and Hendo
b)Got to fight Rumble coming off a loss because Jones happened to get in a car accident
c)DC skipped Bader and Davis for above mentioned shot(Gus was also above him but he had been KO'd by Rumble so I get that) because he was more liked by the UFC brass
d)DC won a split decision with Gus where he almost got KTFO'd and where IMO Gus won
e)Got his paper belt back after getting KTFO without even fighting someone else for it cause Jones who'd already beaten him clean got an NC.
f)He KO'd Stipe but that whole super fight was based on being the LHW champ IE A through E

Not even bringing up fighting AS's ghost in the fakest fight in UFC history cause at least they didn't give him a title defense for that and were doing that out of desperation to salvage a disaster.

DC ain't in the GOAT convo he's in the LOAT convo.

Too bad Jon was on roidz. Probably both times. It would change a lot if Cormier also used roidz.

It is 100% the GOAT rivalry, and DC vs Jones is still the most compelling matchup in the UFC to this day. I also feel that we have never seen these two perform at the level they did against each other. DC in the second fight looked amazing up to the head kick. Stipe vs Dc just doesn't have the same fire, I would rather seen Jones vs DC 3.

Not even bringing up fighting AS's ghost in the fakest fight in UFC history cause at least they didn't give him a title defense for that and were doing that out of desperation to salvage a disaster.

I'm still mad this WASN'T a title fight. Complete bullshit that they went from a 5 round fight to a 3 round fight. We've had late notice step ins where the title fight continued, why wouldn't this also be the case? Especially when the guy stepping up was Anderson. Anderson winning the LHW belt would've been legendary.

In retrospect, this only benefitted DC. He got to continue to fight on UFC 200, without even risking his already shaky title (imagine how much he'd be laughed at if both Jones and Silva had devalued his belt), and the fat fuck didn't have to go the 5 rounds he clearly could not.

At the end of the day, one had the balls to fight HWs.

Back