• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This must be wrong - Ian Garry Vs MVP

Would of been a prelim level fight, back when UFC was still As Real As It Gets
You mean back when every fighter actually fought at least twice a year and cards could be stacked? Ya I remember that.

Now once they get to the top 5, they turn into drama queens on social media and fight once a year.

I think Ian Garry gets exposed. He got ranked highly due to beating Magny and Neil who are themselves both overrated.

Independent MMA rankings have Magny and Neil at #19 and #15 respectively. The UFC ranks them at #12 & #10 respectively. Exactly how does beating them earn Garry a #7 spot? It happened because Geoff Neil himself was overranked by beating Vicente Luque. One fight catapulted him from around #20 to #6 in a single fight. This should never be allowed to happen.

Ian Garry should be ranked at around #14 in the UFC welterweight divsion, and MVP has potential to reach the top 5. I think MVP smokes this overrated clown.

What fight of each of these guys do you suggest? I'd like to see what each one brings to the fight and it'd be nice to have a few fights to watch when I get home. Thanks in advance if anyone replies.

What fight of each of these guys do you suggest? I'd like to see what each one brings to the fight and it'd be nice to have a few fights to watch when I get home. Thanks in advance if anyone replies.
Garry vs Daniel Rodriguez is probably his most impressive performance.

Yeah, it has to be on the main card. That's the most interesting fight for me.
Should have been a 5 round co main, don't get why ortega is in that slot

I saw a clip of Garry saying he was going to get on the phone to Hunter to try and get it to be 5 rounds.

Not sure what came of it, but yeah, does not seem like a prelim deal

It could very much go the other way too, @Ares Black. You know I don't care for Ian all that much. Lol, I can't deny that Ian can very much win this. I'd say it's a 60/40 in favor of MVP.
I feel like I have a pretty good idea about MVPs potential in the UFC but I will learn a lot about Garry's fight IQ and other intangibles.

I wonder if we will see Garry mix up his game or just try to out strike MVP.

Back