This Masvidal hype needs to end

Why? His KOs were amazing and he deserves money and fame.

I agree that he was handed favorable match-ups but who the fuck cares, at least he's knocking people out cold now. I was a big critic of his when all he did was coast and lose split decisions, but he really turned his career around and I'm happy for him.

Please stop the Masvidal “hype” to appease TS’s sense of entitlement.

I was always a fan of Masvidal the fighter. I liked that he wasn't into all the BS outside the cage. I still think he's a top-level fighter. There is also no doubt he's become a huge hypocrite now that he's in position to make big money off that same BS he used to decry.

So, let's stop the hype... by talking about the hype. Makes sense... Look the fact is he's been a different fighter since moving up to 170. And is as dangerous as any fighter at 170. Am I saying he'll win the belt? No.... But the dude is in title contention for a reason.

Please, the Conor hype is like squeezing juice from a diamond. Attention to anywhere else is a relief and much better deserved.
On the contrary....

Conor haters will be behind threads like this for weeks, maybe months to come. They will discredit any potential opponent that they’re beginning to feel mcgregor can actually beat.

if a guy doesn’t like Conor and is afraid Conor will starch Jorge, he will make a thread like this. There will be a lot

How do you people claim to be MMA fans but not see through this bullshit?
-His only solid win is over till, however till was definitely winning that fight prior to getting caught. You could compare it to wonderboy and Pettis to some degree.

-His KO over askren was great, but we saw no skill tests against a dominant wrestler. You also have to remember Ben came out of retirement in late 30’s, got wailed on and exposed already by the #13 lawler, and is an incredibly one dimensional fighter with ZERO striking.

-This fake BMF belt he got from beating a fighter who’s only won 60% of his UFC fights and most of the wins came from his early days where he was fighting cans.. so when you really do the math on notable opponents, he’s probably lost like over 75% of them.

This whole act he has is such a fraud. Wearing scar face suits, Versace robes. Just 2 years ago he was against all that, claiming he just wants to fight. Now he’s doing all these bullshit corny acts

Where is he getting this ego from? “I’m gonna break Usman’s face”. What fighter have you fought and beat even in relative caliber of Usman? Literally none. Not an Usman fan, but I’m gonna laugh at anyone who bets on masvidal. Stop giving this guy hype.

Till ran through the division, beat your boy Wonderboy 4-1 rounds, got some black on white crime by Woodley.
Masvidal took Till's soul, man's been wanting to fake injuries ever since.

You were probably riding Askren's hairy balls 'askren is gonna maul masvidal' and then immediately whipped out the excuses once Masvidal literally set the KO world record by kneeing Askren's nose to the other side of his head.

Diaz choked out Conor and went to a 5 round razor thin decision the next fight. Guess what, Masvidal stopped him in 15 minutes.

You're just salty Colby got his jaw broken and my AV KO's your AV in the 1st round.

He is fun to watch, brutal, iron chin, fast, technical.. plays some roles in order to gets some descend money for once.
Hype needs to end :
Maybe-Maybe not.gif

Some casuals even think he stands a chance against Conor
Oh yes, he got a chance, the first 20 seconde would a real hype ! Both fighters will engage quickly

Attachments

• 2pices&soda.gif
    2pices&soda.gif
    120 KB · Views: 1
-His only solid win is over till, however till was definitely winning that fight prior to getting caught. You could compare it to wonderboy and Pettis to some degree.

-His KO over askren was great, but we saw no skill tests against a dominant wrestler. You also have to remember Ben came out of retirement in late 30’s, got wailed on and exposed already by the #13 lawler, and is an incredibly one dimensional fighter with ZERO striking.

-This fake BMF belt he got from beating a fighter who’s only won 60% of his UFC fights and most of the wins came from his early days where he was fighting cans.. so when you really do the math on notable opponents, he’s probably lost like over 75% of them.

This whole act he has is such a fraud. Wearing scar face suits, Versace robes. Just 2 years ago he was against all that, claiming he just wants to fight. Now he’s doing all these bullshit corny acts

Where is he getting this ego from? “I’m gonna break Usman’s face”. What fighter have you fought and beat even in relative caliber of Usman? Literally none. Not an Usman fan, but I’m gonna laugh at anyone who bets on masvidal. Stop giving this guy hype.
Tl/dr war Goatsvidal

Till was not winning that fight up until he lost.
Groinshot aside, Till dropped Mas as soon as the fight started and pushed him back the entire longevity of the fight. He was winning.

Anyways, Mas might be a late bloomer. Doesn't cost me anything to be positive about him. Plus, he's handling the fame well. Can't really hate on him. I'm fine with the hype.

Agreed. Good but not great. Wins via iron chin and cant beat a good grappler. Ie loses easily vs usman coldy maia etc

You could say the same about other fighters too.

He's finishing people, and he looked amazing against Nate.

I would love to see him fight Leon and take that L though. He sucker punched the guy three times and somehow came out looking like the badass there.

This Masvidal hype needs to end

Makes thread about guy who's hype needs to stop.

Never change Sherdog.

People are always like that, thinking that somehow they're going to be the last word on a subject. Ever seen those "STOP REPLYING TO ALL!!!!" email chains?

Masvidal might even be overrated right now, but he was absolutely underrated for the entirety of his pre-2019 career.

Can hype-trains end via split decision?
Who doesnt love a hype train, I'm all for it, MMA is stale without these characters.

Masvidal is a changed man, his fights are different now. At one point, Conor was a hype machine, and he elevated the sport. Hype machines can become legit top tier guys over time, experience matters, and they do improve. Masvidal was missing the urge to finish in his previous bouts, his mindset has changed. Kill or die mentality is what I love about his new character, I'm all for it.

he's got an interview talking about going into the jungle to live for a bit, to get back to his primal roots, it's a great story for a guy like him, who was struggling with close fights. Guy found his rhythm, I'm fine with him getting more feeding opportunities and ducking elite grapplers.

People are always like that, thinking that somehow they're going to be the last word on a subject. Ever seen those "STOP REPLYING TO ALL!!!!" email chains?

No kidding. I will admit some prince in Uganda sent some really interesting emails years ago.

Masvidal's hype is much more explained than Conor's. So, that's ok.

He's finishing people, and he looked amazing against Nate.

I would love to see him fight Leon and take that L though. He sucker punched the guy three times and somehow came out looking like the badass there.
Against Nate, someone who’s lost 40% of their ufc fights, especially against real competition. Nice

Back