This Masvidal hype needs to end

themiketoth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How do you people claim to be MMA fans but not see through this bullshit?
-His only solid win is over till, however till was definitely winning that fight prior to getting caught. You could compare it to wonderboy and Pettis to some degree.

-His KO over askren was great, but we saw no skill tests against a dominant wrestler. You also have to remember Ben came out of retirement in late 30’s, got wailed on and exposed already by the #13 lawler, and is an incredibly one dimensional fighter with ZERO striking.

-This fake BMF belt he got from beating a fighter who’s only won 60% of his UFC fights and most of the wins came from his early days where he was fighting cans.. so when you really do the math on notable opponents, he’s probably lost like over 75% of them.

This whole act he has is such a fraud. Wearing scar face suits, Versace robes. Just 2 years ago he was against all that, claiming he just wants to fight. Now he’s doing all these bullshit corny acts

Where is he getting this ego from? “I’m gonna break Usman’s face”. What fighter have you fought and beat even in relative caliber of Usman? Literally none. Not an Usman fan, but I’m gonna laugh at anyone who bets on masvidal. Stop giving this guy hype.

-His only solid win is over till, however till was definitely winning that fight prior to getting caught.

Till was not winning that fight up until he lost. You’re either a Till fan or blind.
Masvidal got dropped in the first 30 seconds, but changed his gameplan immediately and started landing on Till repeatedly.

Last edited:
This Masvidal hype needs to end

Makes thread about guy who's hype needs to stop.

Never change Sherdog.

The man's trying to get paid before his career is over. I'm not a big fan of the antics but I also don't really care. He's an excellent and exciting fighter, albeit not a top 3 guy in the division imo

Till was NOT winning. The majority of his losses were close decisions. Dude is legit. I know TS you may have a hard time understanding. You may have not known anyone like him to relate to. But Mas is solid, real. Is he the best? No, but he backs his shit up. Most would say the same about conor.

Lol while usman was wrestling, masvidal was knocking out grown ass men. What a shitty thread

Till won the first round I'd say but Masvidal was finding his groove and having success too.

I personally don't really rate Till, but whatever.

Masvidal is just taking advantage of the moment, can't blame the guy. We will lose the next time he fights someone who is really high level and well rounded. Usman and Colby would both crush him I'm sure.

If he gets the Conor fight I can see it being 50/50, both men are light weight strikers, it would be close. He should aim for that fight, win or lose it's big money and more exposure, no real downside. If he can't get it I think he would be better off taking the Nate rematch rather than fight Usman. He fight Usman he loses and interest declines, he fights Nate he gets a payday, an easy win and a little more hype before going into his loss.

well, he lost 13 times.... so yeah.

Fun to watch tho.

Another shitty thread,Masvidal is doing awesome if you think otherwise you re an idiot or a nerd tries to get some attention

It's impossible to hate on Jorge. He's a veteran who is getting some limelight at the tail end of his career and he's rolling with that.
WW division is in worst condition I've ever seen it with over the hill fighters and LW who don't want to cut weight any more.
He has a fan friendly fight style and seems to be a cool dude. Just let him bang bro.

One thing I will agree on is BMF is for wankers and did devalue the sports legitimacy. You have talk of him defending it and it getting passed around like it meant something. Not cool.

Masvidal might even be overrated right now, but he was absolutely underrated for the entirety of his pre-2019 career.

Can hype-trains end via split decision?

-His only solid win is over till, however till was definitely winning that fight prior to getting caught. You could compare it to wonderboy and Pettis to some degree.
-His KO over askren was great, but we saw no skill tests against a dominant wrestler. You also have to remember Ben came out of retirement in late 30’s, got wailed on and exposed already by the #13 lawler, and is an incredibly one dimensional fighter with ZERO striking.
-This fake BMF belt he got from beating a fighter who’s only won 60% of his UFC fights and most of the wins came from his early days where he was fighting cans.. so when you really do the math on notable opponents, he’s probably lost like over 75% of them.
This whole act he has is such a fraud. Wearing scar face suits, Versace robes. Just 2 years ago he was against all that, claiming he just wants to fight. Now he’s doing all these bullshit corny acts
Where is he getting this ego from? “I’m gonna break Usman’s face”. What fighter have you fought and beat even in relative caliber of Usman? Literally none. Not an Usman fan, but I’m gonna laugh at anyone who bets on masvidal. Stop giving this guy hype.

giphy.gif

Someone can easily just get in the cage and most likely Wonderboy/Khabilov his ass to the scorecards, because no one has been able to finish him for over a decade.

Until then I'm gonna enjoy the salty haters tears streaming down their faces into their pouty little mouths

He beats Till Nate an Askren all in Brutal fashion in his last 3 fights n u want to derail him. Maybe you need to end

Put it down man.

Please, the Conor hype is like squeezing juice from a diamond. Attention to anywhere else is a relief and much better deserved.

Till and Diaz were good wins. But he has been fairly inconsistent throughout his career. He's good but I agree that he's not nearly as good as he's being hyped up to be.

Back