This is why UFC should never do a Super HW Division

CRobby22

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
20161110055602_baruto.JPG

This dude actually advanced in the Rizin tournament.

Yeah a division with fighters like Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, and Bigfoot Silva.

How terrible.

And he will probably advance to the semi finals too

How terrible.
There is a big difference between guys at the top of 265 and guys in the 360-390 range.

There is a big difference between guys at the top of 265 and guys in the 360-390 range.
All 3 have to cut to make 265, meaning that if there were a SHW division, they'd fight there and not cut weight.

How truly, unbelievably terrible it would be to see Hunt vs Nelson or Hunt vs Silva or Nelson vs Silva every few months. How truly dreadful. I can't think of anything more torturous than watching exciting MMA fights with guaranteed action.

Just a super HW would be terrible.

Getting rid of the HW limit would be good though. It would only make a difference for very, very few fighters - Brock, roided Carwin, roided pre-North America Bigfoot among them. Bigfoot used to be massive; the HW limit really hurt him.

But there might be some NFL players that could cross over. Very few ever would, but at least they might have the option.

So while it wouldn't make much difference, I would like the HW limit to be eliminated.

20161110055602_baruto.JPG

This dude actually advanced in the Rizin tournament.

So? A fighter in the UFC HW division with barely a .500 record (12-10-1-1) has advanced into the top 10 MMA rankings and fought for the UFC title!

Do you expect higher from Rizen than the UFC? I wouldn't mind seeing this dude against Hunt!

I think it'd be great. This was.

I saw this video before with Yarbrough. It was pretty sad. He gets gassed just throwing a skinny white guy around a couple times.

Sumo is so unhealthy. And it's been shown muscular guys with low BF% can beat fat sumo guys. They are only fat due to tradition.

There barely is talent for the heavy weight division. Super HW would be a complete joke or just another division for the hw's to get a belt.

If a fat ugly bastard can beat a 265HW handsome and ripped I'm all for it.
If he can fight, he can fight. I don't care about how someone looks.
HW cap in the UFC is ridiculous. If someone could get into the UFC then it would mean
he is good so how he looks shouldn't matter.

How terrible.
Brock, Reem, Rothwell and Black Beast who all cut to make the 265 limit

Brock, Reem, Rothwell and Black Beast who all cut to make the 265 limit
How terrible. Truly awful, in fact. I would hate to live in a world where so much excitement in MMA could realistically happen.

A HW division with a weight limit is stupid

All 3 have to cut to make 265, meaning that if there were a SHW division, they'd fight there and not cut weight.

How truly, unbelievably terrible it would be to see Hunt vs Nelson or Hunt vs Silva or Nelson vs Silva every few months. How truly dreadful. I can't think of anything more torturous than watching exciting MMA fights with guaranteed action.

You really have an interest in watching Bigfoot fight again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back