This is why people should love McGregor

Maybe if others could sell themselves as well as McGregor has done, they would. He's good with the media and puts on exciting fights, it's not hard to figure out why the got behind him.

i.e. before he ever stepped into the octagon, he had Ariel calling him "the best guest ever".

The thing is, Conor sells himself by being an attention whore. Could you imagine if Wanderlei, Crocop, Shogun, Minotauro or even the great Fedor were attention whores? And look how much money, success and popularity they brought to Pride, MMA and their respective countries. It's all a case of how to sell the fighters. If Fedor fought in the UFC instead of Japan, he wouldn't sell anything here in the US with UFC, because like u say, he has no personality. But this is the perception of the UFC. These unmarketable fighters were able to sell out bigger events many times in Pride, something UFC hasn't even come close to doing.

What i'm getting at is, when you say Conor sells himself better, I say, Conor gets the attention by hogging it all the time and smuthering anyone else with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back