This is what the "Hobbit" dwarves should have looked like.

SafyreSchool**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
7-Dwarf-Lords.jpg

I know, old news, but still, look at them.
Those are tough looking serious bizness fellas.
(ps check out that blog the pic came from for cool info/pics on them)

I know peter wanted them to have their own unique look, but consider this;

-All the elves look the damn same. There aren't drastically different looking elves, nor are there drastically different looking rohan guys (aside from grima) and we could tell them apart.

-In the book, they are described similarly, even Gimli during LOTRTTT comments how dwarf WOMEN look like Dwarf men.

-During the council scene in LOTR, the other dwarves also ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE DWARVES.
Publications%20FOTR%20Oscar%20Ad%20Rivendell%20Costumes.jpg

OK, beating a dead horse here.
I still maintain this to be a bad decision.
Making the 12 unique, ok, but they look nothing like the pre-established dwarves.
They made gimli stand out from the rest of the other dwarves, couldn't they continue like that? Sorry, I'm done. The new ones suck and just look like shrunken men.

The Hobbit is not as "Serious Business" a story as the LOTR was.

Sooner you accept that the better off you will be. And the sooner we can stop beating this retarded horse.

Sooner you accept that the better off you will be. And the sooner we can stop beating this retarded horse.

You're not invited to my xtreme xmas xtravaganza.

Some of the dwarves are fine, others not so much, but the movie was still good regardless.

The Hobbit was kid friendly. I can live with that - although the brown wizard should be slightly renamed to "Pederast."

-All the elves look the damn same. There aren't drastically different looking elves, nor are there drastically different looking rohan guys (aside from grima) and we could tell them apart.

Simple question: do you WANT 13 out of the 14 people in the party to look the same?

From what I remember from lotr, there were definitely different kind of elves. Wood elves were a type of elves. I imagined they had a different phenotype than other elves.

The dwarfs all arrived in pairs, so they probably traveled from different dwarf towns right?

They still have beards you should've put a comparison pic in the OP.

The Hobbit was kid friendly. I can live with that - although the brown wizard should be slightly renamed to "Pederast."

I had no problems with the Hobbit. Wasn't as dark as the LotR, but still a great movie to take my daughter to.

This.

TS's Dwarves are awesome but the Dwarvish Peoples are a scattered and largely demoralized people at this point in the story of Middle Earth. Thorin's bunch is not only a group gathered in a relatively light hearted tale, it is probably a realistic take on what they might have really looked like.

This.

TS's Dwarves are awesome but the Dwarvish Peoples are a scattered and largely demoralized people at this point in the story of Middle Earth. Thorin's bunch is not only a group gathered in a relatively light hearted tale, it is probably a realistic take on what they might have really looked like.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

It was impossible to respect Thorin with his pathetic beard.

well, that pretty well sums it up

In before this thread gets quashed. I just wanted to be apart of this so I can tell my grandchildren about it

the issue is you needed distinct characters.

Your mom is what a dwarf should look like.

Back