This is probably the first time in MMA where two polarising figures are facing each other.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
T-Wood & Till both of them are polarising figures . T-wood have garnered a steady group of haters for his take on racism, but he also has a small but loyal group of supporters behind him(I count myself among them). Same with Till. Many hate him for abandoning his child & also for his "cockiness", his weight issues etc(Apparently I like him too, I like both of them So kind of torn apart to pick one over another). But He has a country behind him.

Can't remember any fight where both of the fighter had a steady group of haters. This is probably the first one. We may have seen it on boxing many times, But in MMA this one is probably the first.

Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 just happened... and there are 50 other main events before that which fit your description

either of these guys being polarizing is funny
They're both likeable fighters who like being active and fight
Till put his foot in his mouth about his kids but anyone with a bit of a thought would have known what he meant

and Woodley just attracts hate, he could say that cancer sucks and people would torch him for it

Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 just happened... and there are 50 other main events before that which fit your description

At this scale? Probably not.

(alright I admit, I am moving my goalpost, sort of)

Last edited:
Woodley and Till combined are not even 10% as polarizing as McGregor is.

I don't think that's correct

Tyron maybe because of his BLM gibberish, however i can actually appreciate a high level troll.

There's literally nothing polarizing about Woodley at all, besides the fact that he's unapologetic black guy, who calls racist people's bullshit when he sees it.

If he played the stupid ghetto, ebonics character like Rampage or Black beast, white UFC fans would love him. But because hes an intelligent black guy who doesn't put up with any bullshit subtle racism, it triggers lots of closet racists.

I'm looking forward to the salt tonight.

If you catch feelings over fighters you may want to take a good introspective look at your life. It's ok to like and dislike fighters but being a fanboys is just dumb

Woodley and Till combined are not even 10% as polarizing as McGregor is.

I don't know. Some of the hate Conor receives are nothing but for juvenile reasons While both Till & T-Wood are getting hate for some serious reasons (or at least what their haters would say). Also Conor is just one individual & none of his opponents were polarising either( Apart from Floyd may be, But we are getting into Boxing territory )

either of these guys being polarizing is funny
They're both likeable fighters who like being active and fight
Till put his foot in his mouth about his kids but anyone with a bit of a thought would have known what he meant

and Woodley just attracts hate, he could say that cancer sucks and people would torch him for it

I think Woodley expects to get a free pass to be liked cause he’s black.

What fighter does not get hated on? Conor gets x10 more shit than Woodley. Is it cause he’s Irish?

Hell even the most humble fighters like Maia and Machida get shitted on. I think the difference is most fighters realize that’s part of the fight game. Woodley takes it as all his haters must be rascist.

I think Woodley expects to get a free pass to be liked cause he’s black.

What fighter does not get hated on? Conor gets x10 more shit than Woodley. Is it cause he’s Irish?

Hell even the most humble fighters like Maia and Machida get shitted on. I think the difference is most fighters realize that’s part of the fight game. Woodley takes it as all his haters must be rascist.

I don't think Woodley expects to get a free pass to be liked because he's black, and there's zero evidence for that.
What he said was that he thinks he's disliked in part because he's black. Those are different things.

I don't think Woodley expects to get a free pass to be liked because he's black, and there's zero evidence for that.
What he said was that he thinks he's disliked in part because he's black. Those are different things.

There’s 0 evidence to support he’s disliked cause hes black, too.

People should be able to like or dislike fighters without race being an issue.

It seems people don’t like Woodley based on the content of his character. But then people say oh you have to treat him special cause he’s black.

Seems backwards to me

If you catch feelings over fighters you may want to take a good introspective look at your life. It's ok to like and dislike fighters but being a fanboys is just dumb

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Yeah bro you made an account to share your opinions on a sport you’re completely apathetic towards. There’s nothing wrong with being invested in the fighters.

You dont have to explain to these idiots, they know damn well what he said, they just need to twist it in to their foxnews mindless "race baiting" excuse so they can have a seemingly legitimate reason to hate him. Woodley's not an idiot, he know exactly what kind of people watch the UFC, and their intellect level.

You dont have to explain to these idiots, they know damn well what he said, they just need to twist it in to their foxnews mindless "race baiting" excuse so they can have a seemingly legitimate reason to hate him. Woodley's not an idiot, he know exactly what kind of people watch the UFC, and their intellect level.

Your method explains your disposition.

There’s 0 evidence to support he’s disliked cause hes black, too.

People should be able to like or dislike fighters without race being an issue.

It seems people don’t like Woodley based on the content of his character. But then people say oh you have to treat him special cause he’s black.

Seems backwards to me

No one likes him because he’s wasted like 2 hours of main event slots with his boring ass fights. A fight style he chooses to employ at the expense of the fans because he wants to feather his rest rather than be remembered.

There's literally nothing polarizing about Woodley at all, besides the fact that he's unapologetic black guy, who calls racist people's bullshit when he sees it.

If he played the stupid ghetto, ebonics character like Rampage or Black beast, white UFC fans would love him. But because hes an intelligent black guy who doesn't put up with any bullshit subtle racism, it triggers lots of closet racists.

I'm looking forward to the salt tonight.

Don't like the guy, guess I'm racist.

Then again Till seems to be quite the dick as well.

Back