This is laughable...

FullContact.com

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Someone had told me that Wal-mart (yes, good ol' Wally World) is now selling MMA Gloves. Now, I had to go to the store to see it myself, and yes, they actually are... these "SUPER NICE" Everlast gloves.

Now, as I'm looking at these things, I'm thinking about how cheap they look and feel. Now I understand that not everyone can afford the good stuff and they make due with cheaper stuff for training until they can afford the better stuff. That was how I had originally started... with a pair of Century grappling trainers, but I knew they were crap before I really KNEW they were crap. Apparently these Everlasts must not be the case... look at the customer product reviews, you would think that Wal-mart is selling Fairtex and Windy or something...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5823793#Similar+Items

Lol, they got a 4.7 out of 5 star overall rating. There is some serious mma enthusaists trying those gloves out for sure.

lol yeaa, because i bet all those people have tried another brand mma glove! NOT!!!!
hahaha i wounder if they would flip out if they used an actually good glove!

Think about it...A lot of people are buying gloves to look cool, not for training.

A bunch of "backyard" brawlers shopping for equipment at Walmart running around yelling "Never Back Down"??? I can see it now.

Now every trailer park douchebag is gonna buy this shit and think they're fighters.

It's like back when I was a kid, training in TMA and I'd see people who never trained go out and buy Nuchchucks, swords and Black Belts.

It's like back when I was a kid, training in TMA and I'd see people who never trained go out and buy Nuchchucks, swords and Black Belts.

Yes... but did they sell nunchucks and swords a Wal-mart? I can see it now, this will be the next accessory of choice for high school bullies. I mean, I see MMA Gloves all over WWF or E or whatever the hell it is now; even Mr. Money Mayweather was wearing a pair. Now the high school badasses will have to get their cut... especially since the Karate Kid... er... Never Back Down movie has come out.

I'll have to agree with Boomer, the backyard boys will get tired of it pretty quick. Just because you can throw a few punches for 30 seconds doesn't mean you're a fighter... Stamina? Who needs that in a fight?

Reminds me of that pic of the dorky looking kid all decked out in Tapout gear, striking a fighting pose.

Probably gonna be a bunch of dumbasses running around with broken bones in their hands from hitting heavy bags with those shitty gloves.

Reminds me of that pic of the dorky looking kid all decked out in Tapout gear, striking a fighting pose.

The one in the "What do you look like?" Thread???

Nearly P!$$ed myself when I saw that!!!:icon_chee

Probably gonna be a bunch of dumbasses running around with broken bones in their hands from hitting heavy bags with those shitty gloves.

I was one of those guys who used the old skool Century "Chuck Norris" bag gloves. Then again, I used to hit the Wing Chun Wooden Dummy with Bare-Knuckles!:redface:

this is sweet i get to make my first post on fullcontact.com's post. i bought from you guys a couple of weeks ago you guys rock!

if you guys get a chance check them out they were super helpful with everything

fullcontactoutlet.com

I almost bought a pair along time ago.

Glad I didn't.

I hate to admit it, but I did buy a pair of those a year ago. Needless to say I returned them.

They are horrible and I just laugh the athe reviewers comments.

Ended up picking up some nice Gameness ones. (Not at Wal-Mart though) :p

I'm just waiting for the day Tapout is carried at Wal-Mart.

Well....Everlast WAS featured in "Never Back Down" (along with Under Armour and CSI...which are actually reputable)...so they must be good!

Sweet, free advertising! Thanks, Kalibr.

I still have my first pair of Everlast boxing gloves that I bought at a garage sale when I was 8. I think they're from the 70's and I bet I had hit every friend I had when I got them. They've seen better days.

I want to see what items they're going to put in the "Never Back Down" straight to video sequel. You know they'll do it; look at "Bring It On". I think this movie fits in that category.

Full Contact Outlet

Back