this is getting out of hand...

Bagatur

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Latest stunt from PETA lunatics.
PETA sued San Diego airport for not willing to put up their anti Sea World ad.
I had no idea that you can be sued if you refuse to advertise their stuff, but apparently:
"Nothing is more fundamental to the First Amendment than the principle that government may not silence speech because of its viewpoint," says David Loy, legal director at the American Civil Liberties Union of San Diego & Imperial Counties, which joined PETA in a lawsuit against the airport, which has been settled out of court.
Do these PETA idiots no realize that cutting Sea World's profits will only make orcas lives more miserable? Or I guess as long as they can push their agenda, it doesnt matter, just like freeing animals from research animal facilities only to kill them themselves.

why does it make the lives of killer whales worse, they already have shit lives as it is?
the goal is to stop these places having whales and dophins in the first place.
plus for the ones that are already in captivity to be released back into the ocean.
its not as if these aquariums are suddenly to become penniless. although i wish they did!

as for peta?
its a shame that such a nice first name for a girl has been ruined by them!
i'm very much into animal welfare but i can't stand peta. i'm always surprised that so many celebs associated themselves to them.
there are many more animal groups that do very good work besides these bastards!

I had no idea that you can be sued if you refuse to advertise their stuff, but apparently:

Do these PETA idiots no realize that cutting Sea World's profits will only make orcas lives more miserable? Or I guess as long as they can push their agenda, it doesnt matter, just like freeing animals from research animal facilities only to kill them themselves.

Your first sentence is spot - second part is redic.

An animal would suffer way less being put down than living through vivisection. And its not about one or two Orcas, it's a continued system of suffering. Circuses and Zoos are cruel to animals.

Now maybe the benefits to science combined with "who cares" about circuses are the social answer but lets be honest about it.

The fact that the believe animals should have the same rights as humans is what makes me laugh.

So only law suits the TS agree with are ok .... good to know.

You can be sued for almost anything, winning in court is another thing.

That is because the Airport is government owned, which means it can't pick refuse ads simply because it does not like the message.

why does it make the lives of killer whales worse, they already have shit lives as it is?
the goal is to stop these places having whales and dophins in the first place.
plus for the ones that are already in captivity to be released back into the ocean.
its not as if these aquariums are suddenly to become penniless. although i wish they did!

as for peta?
its a shame that such a nice first name for a girl has been ruined by them!
i'm very much into animal welfare but i can't stand peta. i'm always surprised that so many celebs associated themselves to them.
there are many more animal groups that do very good work besides these bastards!

because less money for Sea World means less money they can spend on animals living conditions.
and most of those animals were born in aquariums like that. they were hand fed their whole lives, they will NOT survive on their own.

So only law suits the TS agree with are ok .... good to know.

what are you rambling about? I didnt know the airports were government owned. I thought they were private like airlines.

what are you rambling about? I didnt know the airports were government owned. I thought they were private like airlines.

the fuck you talking bout? what does govt owned have to do with anything? I reread my post and no mention of the man. You got the govt on the mind or something, maybe a mail man mailed your wife?

Private companies can be sued fyi

it's a new entitlement attitude born from the bowels of the liberal party

people are entitled to your money, property, and the choice to label you a racist anytime they see fit

Fuck Peta...Im all for animal rights, but they are so far left and retarded (which always seem to go together so well) that I just cant appreciate them.

I read that killer whales who are captured from the wile and used in aquariums such as Sea World live less than half their natural life cycle, and even less than that if born in captivity.
This despite the supposed best veterinarian care.

I'm not surprised though.

I think PETA is too extremist but I would support them on the issue of raising awareness against this practice.

Orca (Orcinus orca) Bottle-nose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus)
Annual mortality rates of 4–6% in captivity, compared
with 2–3% in the wild, a significant difference
resulting in an expected lifespan of half to two-thirds
of that occurring naturally [http://dukesp
source: http://www.cell.com/trends/ecology-evolution/abstract/S0169-5347(10)00212-0?cc=y?cc=y

I have no idea if they have a legal case though so I won't comment on that.

Orcas in the wild have an average life expectancy of 30 to 50 years, in captivity its only 9. that sounds pretty bad

The airport is government owned. They can't pick and choose advertisers based on who's message they agree with. So, the airport was in the wrong and PETA no matter how ludicrous was in the right.

Last edited:
The fact that the believe animals should have the same rights as humans is what makes me laugh.

Why shouldn't animals have the same rights as a human?

Orcas in the wild have an average life expectancy of 30 to 50 years, in captivity its only 9. that sounds pretty bad

I read recently that they've found an Orca that might be in the vicinity of 80 years old... which makes things look even worse for the captive Orca.

The airport is government owned. They can't pick and choose advertisers based on who's message they agree with. So, the airport was in the wrong and PETA no matter how ludicrous was in the right.

It doesn't get any more cut and dry than this...good for PETA for fighting the good fight. I don't agree with everything they espouse (such as forbidding pets) but they do more good than harm

giphy.gif

Back