this is getting out of hand...

The airport is government owned. They can't pick and choose advertisers based on who's message they agree with. So, the airport was in the wrong and PETA no matter how ludicrous was in the right.

They are selling something. Do they not have the some rights via commercial reasonableness. Like no politics / divisive messages.

How many of you people think the government should be able to suppress what you say when the government doesn't like what you say.

If you have a problem with what PETA is doing here, then you are supporting the government in the hypo above.

They are selling something. Do they not have the some rights via commercial reasonableness. Like no politics / divisive messages.

If the government is selling ad space, can it deny the NRA ad space because they don't like the message?

The airport is government owned. They can't pick and choose advertisers based on who's message they agree with. So, the airport was in the wrong and PETA no matter how ludicrous was in the right.

Good post. This is one of those cases where we have to defend their right to say what they want, even if we don't agree with their message. If it was a private airport, different story.

Don't see what the big deal is. Animals are here for our nourishment/enjoyment (food to eat, pets to keep, zoo animals to look at, etc) and for nothing more. PETA should calm their tits and understand the real reasons animals are on this earth, morons.

Airports are a mix of public and private property, which makes this lawsuit make more sense. A public institution can't deny access to citizens without a good reason.

Why shouldn't animals have the same rights as a human?

I read recently that they've found an Orca that might be in the vicinity of 80 years old... which makes things look even worse for the captive Orca.

Because they're not human.

So NAMBLA can take out ads in airports?

Depends, are they advocating an illegal position, i.e. pedophilia and child-rape?

Is advocating for the revocation of an "unjust" law advocating an illegal position?

That would be a rather fucked up thing to see upon landing in San Diego.

PETA's a garbage organization anyways. Would have probably been no issue if this were one of the more reasonable animal rights groups.

If the add meets the general requirements of the other adds and it's add space on government property then they have the same rights as everyone else. Even a shit organization as they are.

Lol peta. Don't they kill like 80% of the animals they "rescue?"

I'm a baby eating communist and even I hate PETA.

Back