This is getting out of control - now every champ wants a money fight

nice straw man

LOL

no legit argument, i see

Lawyers on average make better money than MMA fighters.

I was hoping I didn't need to actually say it. Thought you would just automatically understand that.

Which is why your lawyer comparison makes no sense.

People want the big money fights but they don't want to promote like Conor.

So what? If I had to choose who to fight between Nick fuckin Diaz coming off a long suspension or Steven Wonderboy who even though deserves the shot but will bring less to my cash roll. Guess who imma choose? Guess who the UFC is gonna choose. All Nick Diaz needs to do is say something and guaranteed that fight happens.

they don't even want "money fight" they want easy fight. guys like alvarez i think get a ppv share so of course he want to fight mcgregor but i doubt that woodley and nunes get a ppv share, so until they win that fight they wont get more money

Lawyers on average make better money than MMA fighters.

I was hoping I didn't need to actually say it. Thought you would just automatically understand that.

Which is why your lawyer comparison makes no sense.
No it makes you show your inability to comprehend what i said.

I obviously understood what u mean. But you didnt.

Do people know how much laywers make once they CHOOSE to be a lawyer? yes
Do people know how much fighters make once they CHOOSE to be a fighter? yes

Do i need to further explain why your argument is worthless?

Woodley vs Wonderboy is a bigger money fight than Woodley vs Diaz imo

Stephen has a ton of hype atm, Diaz not so much

No it makes you show your inability to comprehend what i said.

I obviously understood what u mean. But you didnt.

Do people know how much laywers make once they CHOOSE to be a lawyer? yes
Do people know how much fighters make once they CHOOSE to be a fighter? yes

Do i need to further explain why your argument is worthless?

Whoa, slow down on the insults.

Lawyers make good money. Fighters don't.

Do I need to further explain why your comparison doesn't work?

welcome to the world. its all about money son.

The fighters want big money fights, but it's not their fault if those fights get made. They have no power to make fights happen other than stating they'd like to have them.

Anyway, what would be the biggest money fight card:

Stipe vs Brock
Cormier vs Jones
Bisping vs Hendo
Woodly vs GSP
Alvarez vs McGregor
Aldo vs Cruz
MM doesn't fight.
Nunes vs Rousey
JJ vs Kowalkiewics

Whoa, slow down on the insults.

Lawyers make good money. Fighters don't.

Do I need to further explain why your comparison doesn't work?
i didnt offend you at all my man. We are arguing about something, so we are obviously in disagreement, but i havent called you names or anything.

"Lawyers make good money. Fighters don't."

So being under paid entitles people to work when they want and only in situations they feel comfortable?

If im a garbage man i can tell my boss the parts of the town where im fine collecting the trash? cause thats what you are saying.
"holy shit man i have to deal with trash.... imagine how many diseases i could get, this is horrible"

Let me remind you that in my first post i said you should be mad at the UFC for the underpayment of the fighters... Intead of supporting this shortsighted logic.

I understand your feeling, i just disagree with your solution.

They all should ask Conor, he's still running the business ;)

What, fighter fight for Money???

f*ck that, I'm out.

I'll go watch some other sport were money doesn't rule.

Like the NFL or the NBA....
In other sports, the Finals (championships) opponents are not selected by their commissioner based on popularity, even though it would make them more money.
I don't blame the fighters for this one bit, the UFC has final say and allow it.

i didnt offend you at all my man. We are arguing about something, so we are obviously in disagreement, but i havent called you names or anything.

"Lawyers make good money. Fighters don't."

So being under paid entitles people to work when they want and only in situations they feel comfortable?

If im a garbage man i call tell my boss the parts of the town where im fine collecting the trash? cause thats what you are saying.
"holy shit man i have to deal with trash.... imagine how many diseases i could get, this is horrible"

Let me remind you that in my first post i said you should be mad at the UFC for the underpayment of the fighters... Intead of supporting this shortsighted logic.

I understand your feeling, i just disagree with your solution.

I don't have a solution.

I'm just stating the way things are, and the reason behind it.

I can agree it is the UFC's fault.

giphy.gif

I have no issues with fighters suggesting match ups that are likely to maximize their own earnings.

The real test remains with the UFC.

To use Woodley as an example, I don't find it strange that he would rather fight Nick Diaz (best chance of winning, decent payday) or GSP (best payday, ring rust may give Woodley a chance to win) rather than Wonder Boy (tough match up without helping PPV buys). However, it is not like he is refusing to fight whomever is selected as the next challenger (and let's be honest, if he refused they would just strip him. He doesn't have any leverage)

Of the 3 fights mentioned above, Wonder Boy and GSP are defensible selections. Nick Diaz - that would just be Zuffa insulting our intelligence. I have no faith in Dana but I think that saving grace will be that Nick Diaz is a B side draw. That is, he can juice the PPV buys if he is matched with a strong A side fighter but he is not going to carry a card on his own.

Fighters get paid shit.

Do you really blame them for requesting a big money fight and live comfortably the rest of their lives?

Come on TS.

really? this bernie BS again :) lawler just got paid 500K for losing... how much do you get paid in a day for losing? probably not 500K so i would say good fighters are getting paid pretty well.... much better than coal miners

I don't think it's weird that every champ wants to make as much money as they possibly can while they have the belt. Can't really blame them, how long is the average title reign? Like 2 fights, if that? Most guys won't string together a run like GSP or Silva, they need to strike while the iron is hot.

really? this bernie BS again :) lawler just got paid 500K for losing... how much do you get paid in a day for losing? probably not 500K so i would say good fighters are getting paid pretty well.... much better than coal miners

Short window of opportunity.

My window is open my whole life.

Back