This is getting out of control - now every champ wants a money fight

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Woodley wants Diaz, Nunes wants Rousey, pretty much everyone else wants McGregor....

I blame Dana for creating these hype train 'stars' and for paying fighters based on the marketability.

maxresdefault.jpg

Fighters get paid shit.

Do you really blame them for requesting a big money fight and live comfortably the rest of their lives?

Come on TS.

Not every. Stipe's not holding out for steep pay.

business-ethics-o.gif

TS, you do know it's a business? And Uncle Dana is in charge of making sure the business makes money?

good for them, they do what is best for them w the opportunities they get - not fan friendly but im happy if they make money even if it means fewer fights for me

Good for them

What, fighter fight for Money???

f*ck that, I'm out.

I'll go watch some other sport were money doesn't rule.

Like the NFL or the NBA....

Joe Silva and Sean Shelby are gonna be unemployed soon

How dare these underpaid athletes pursue lucrative fights to make better lives for themselves and their families!!

good for them, they do what is best for them w the opportunities they get - not fan friendly but im happy if they make money even if it means fewer fights for me
lol fuck off dummy if things keep going like this the sport will be garbage

the floodgates were opened as soon as they started letting conor run around doing whatever he wanted. now the precedent has been set. it's pure spectacle from here on out.

Fighters get paid shit.

Do you really blame them for requesting a big money fight and live comfortably the rest of their lives?

Come on TS.
Then blame UFC for not paying them as they should. Intead of supporting the idea of making fights based on popularity instead of merit because fighters want to call their shots.

Lets suppose im a lawyer working in a firm. Do you think is fine if i walk up to my boss and tell him "i just want the big cases. dont bring me what you think i should do. i am only going to defend high profile clients"

You think thats fine? i doubt it

Unless you have an humongous leverage, you are getting fired.

Last edited:
It's a fucking shame but these guys are doing what they have to to get that big pay check. It really highlights the ufc as being a third world and niche sport regardless of the recent 4 billion dollar sale. More money in other shit.

Good. Get in there and get paid. Nobody else is gonna look out for them.

Then blame UFC for not paying them as they should. Intead of supporting the idea of making fights based on popularity instead of merit because fighters want to call their shots.

Lets suppose im a lawyer working in a firm. Do you think is fine if i walk up to my boss and tell him "i just want the big cases. dont bring me what you think i should do. i am only going to defend high profile clients"

You think thats fine? i doubt it

how much $$ you make lawyering?

10/10? 20/20?

Thought so.

Back