This guy is most likely going to be both LHW/HW champ in Bellator

Perhaps at heavyweight. 31-33. LOL!!! You've heard it here, everyone. 31-33: The peak!!!
the average age to win a UFC title at mw, lhw and hw is between 30 and 31,5 apparently.
i guess it depends on which qualities you look at too, raw strength often seems to peak in mid-30s for powerlifters and earlier in olympic lifting where explosiveness is the key.

Attachments

• average-age-male (1).png
    average-age-male (1).png
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
Oh shit I just looked up this guy's record, he got tkoed by fucking Gian Villante lol

In his 6th fight...he litterally beat Jan right after that too lol.

My biggest gripe with Anderson was that he was so damn boring but he has fixed that for the most part too.

If you looked at his record, you would have also seen wins over:

-Jan
-Glover
-Bader
-Walker

I am not saying that is a GOAT list or anything but this is a stupid, unwarranted hate thread. He is a good fighter and top five right now based on him destroying Glover and only losing to the UFC champ since.

Dumb thread. First of all I don't see him getting by Nemkov. Secondly he's got a bunch of great wins at 205 and deserves to not have stupid threads like this one created about him... but what can you do. If he moves up to heavweight? He might be able to contend but there are some decent heavyweights in Bellator and it's a different animal fighting naturally bigger dudes. Bader is a big ol 205er which I think lended to success at heavyweight. Oh and worth noting while 205 at Bellator is quite comparable to UFC's at the top heavyweight is a different animal. Aint nobody in the world touching Frank Ngannou.

Can't wait for his next KO

(As in him getting KO'd)

His racebaiting bs was so annoying and ridiculous in the UFC. Kinda came off as a lowlife

He's looking better now than in his UFC fights. Motivated to be champ. Does more damage as well.

He's looking better now than in his UFC fights. Motivated to be champ. Does more damage as well.

Bader was washed in the UFC about half a decade ago...

Late 20s and early 30s are peaks, but most guys don't get title shots until they are in their 30s because you also have to compete on resume, rank and notoriety. The fact that he was laid out like that, not too long ago says a lot about his ceiling

Roughly 27-35 is a man's physical prime. 31-33 is peak for MMA.

The competition is easier, imo. But, Corey has gotten better.

Corey was very inconsistent in the UFC. Lost to old Shogun and Villante. Beat Jan and Glover. Maybe he can find consistency in BT. Nemkov is a tough fight.

I can't think of any fighter that's been knocked spark out like that so many times and came back to win a title in the ufc. These knockouts weren't even that long ago, he was in his late 20s which are prime years for most fighters and yall are acting like it was at the start of his career
Champ is 38...its the best he has ever been...the next challenger is like 73...LHW seems to be an old mans game, Corey has time on his side.

Corey was very inconsistent in the UFC. Lost to old Shogun and Villante. Beat Jan and Glover. Maybe he can find consistency in BT. Nemkov is a tough fight.

Agreed on all fronts.

Reactions: MCS
Bader was washed in the UFC about half a decade ago...
Your takes are generally pretty sensible but that's total revisionist history. Bader had won 7/8 in the UFC when he left and was in the top 5. Plus we're seeing with the likes of Jan and Glover (particularly the former) that like heavyweight 205 is a division where guys can peak later.

Bader might be a little washed now, sure. 5 years ago in the UFC though? No.

Your takes are generally pretty sensible but that's total revisionist history. Bader had won 7/8 in the UFC when he left and was in the top 5. Plus we're seeing with the likes of Jan and Glover (particularly the former) that like heavyweight 205 is a division where guys can peak later.

Bader might be a little washed now, sure. 5 years ago in the UFC though? No.

You know what, that's fair. Washed is a strong take. Probably too acerbic and aggressive on my end.

That said, Bader had definitely hit his ceiling and lost to every top fighter he faced in the UFC. His biggest wins were boring splits for the most part. He won enough close fights to move his pay up but couldn't beat elite fighters and wasn't worth the pay in the UFC's eyes. He lost to Jones, AJ, Machida and Glover in pretty devastating fashion.

I, like some others have been talking about Jiri and Nemkov since before Rizin.

My Pick History: Vadim Nemkov
9 Predictions · 8 - 1

My Pick History: Jiří Procházka
11 Predictions · 8 - 3

Here comes the wave of fans that just jump on the next bandwagon though lol. Corey Anderson looks super improved too. People shouldn't get butthurt about if UFC or Bellator LHW is better and just appreciate the sport as a whole.

You know what, that's fair. Washed is a strong take. Probably too acerbic and aggressive on my end.

That said, Bader had definitely hit his ceiling and lost to every top fighter he faced in the UFC. His biggest wins were boring splits for the most part. He won enough close fights to move his pay up but couldn't beat elite fighters and wasn't worth the pay in the UFC's eyes. He lost to Jones, AJ, Machida and Glover in pretty devastating fashion.
Hard to argue with anything you said. More recently even the Nemkov fight showed he's just a hair below the truly elite.

I've been saying it since the moment the LHW bracket was announced: I've seen enough of Bader at 205. I want to see him try to defend the heavyweight belt against the likes of Moldovsky, Minakov, Fortune etc. That's where the remaining intrigue of his career is for me.

Back