• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This also is Cerrone ... don't take that WME bait

Cowboy ain't really serious about this fighting stuff (in regards to championships).. he is a journey man picking up checks imo. You can't do the shit he is doing and expect high level results and performance his just a gatekeeper having fun and collecting checks.

Good for him.. I'm just saying what I think since Dana is all "if the fans want it hur dur" well this fan right here doesn't and it's making it public on this forum and maybe some of you feel the same or don't.
He explicitly stated the reason he came back to 155 is because he wants the title, he's making a serious run for the belt, otherwise he'd just stay at 170 and fight "fun fights".

The last top guy he fought was Darren till and he folded like a fuckin lawn chair. Not hating but let’s not pretend cowboy is a contender or something
Darren Till is also a massive WW. Cowboys fight against Robbie tells me he has a shot against Conor. He didn’t fold in that fight when Robbie came hard at him out of the gate. Depends what Conor decides to do. If he doesn’t pressure Cerrone and starts letting Cerrone string combos together it’ll be a bad night for Conor, also considering cowboy shoots for quick takedowns at the end of his combos sometimes. I haven’t seen Conor fight someone that has a kick heavy attack like Cowboy so it’s tough to say if Conor can easily deal with it

I don't think Conor is serious about it either - especially recently. He cares about whiskey and twitter.

So why not? If they aren't vital to the title picture then I don't see a problem.

Well I see a problem.. so you go right ahead and buy that fight and then enjoy sherdog in the months to come. Everyone is free to enjoy and do what they want.. more power to them.

He explicitly stated the reason he came back to 155 is because he wants the title, he's making a serious run for the belt, otherwise he'd just stay at 170 and fight "fun fights".

Just words, when he wakes up tomorrow he can have a different narrative I don't really put much stock in what I hear from Cowboy he is kinda wishy washy at this stuff.

TS is being ripped to shreds, but I mean, it's true--Cowboy has a tendency to shit the bed in #1 contender fights, and massively important fights in general.

Yeah Cerrone, fight Kevin Lee for 70k instead of the biggest star in the history of the sport for a couple of millis.

Cerrone is his worst enemy. On fight night, its 90% mental. His anxiety gets the best of him. THe bigger the stakes, the more anxiety. Always has. Too bad really because the man has a deadly skillset when he is on point.

In every fight with actual stakes on it.

RashCreepyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nzn0nckaXU1upwz95o1_400.gif

Just imagine Conor having a field day with him in the lead up.. he will fold before he even walks inside the cage.

NKikD.gif

A9DiFJo.gif

sEuiVC.gif

So what's your point?

You think Cerrone has zero shot against Nate? o_Oo_Oo_O

conor wont fight him
I have the same suspicion. Despite what Conor said on social media, there's always a risk of Cowboy taking Conor down and if that happens, Cowboy is going to take Conor's arm as a trophy for his kids. Conor will want someone who will stand and bang with him, someone like Al or Barboza.

When y’all say he choked in the title fights, don’t you just think he was beaten by the better fighters?

Cerrone is a legend, so what he came up short a few times, guy puts it all on the line for us so often and I can’t ever remember watching a boring fight of his.

That's single, I don't give a fuck Cerrone. We're dealing with the new, I give a fuck because of my son Cerrone. Big difference.

It’s not as if Conor is the best lightweight.

He barely beats any of the top 5.

Papa Cowboy is now immune to the mind games and other bullshot that used to plague him earlier in his mma career.

In every fight with actual stakes on it.

RashCreepyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nzn0nckaXU1upwz95o1_400.gif

Just imagine Conor having a field day with him in the lead up.. he will fold before he even walks inside the cage.

NKikD.gif

A9DiFJo.gif

sEuiVC.gif

The only high stakes in a Conor fight is the life-changing purse. And Cowboy will have earned that just by walking out to the octagon.

Only a dude like Tony "Cable Guy" Ferguson could fuck that up.

I'd love to see Conor vs any striker, or Cowboy vs any striker, but this match seems off to me.

Two days ago Cowboy wasn't ranked, now Conor wants him? It's obvious Conor wants, no needs, a tune up match to get back into contention. So rather than fight someone in the Top 10, he wants Cowboy.

Conor should be fighting someone like Pettis (both coming off losses), Barbosa (highly ranked and the best kicker at 155), or Gaethje (wild brawler that would absolutely go to war wtih Conor with no hesitation.) Conor doesn't want anything to do with any of these guys. He wants a past him prime Cowboy.
lets be a bit more fair.. out of these 4 guys, who generates the biggest payday... and with least effort

I prefer Conor vs Al personally but Cerrone would be fun too.

Conor vs Cowboy is a guaranteed KO win for Conor?

Alright, I'll buy that. Conor does have the one KO win in 4 fights above 145 after all...

yes we know bro but also bisping won a belt and he had the same narrative so yóu never know

also conor seems mentality checked out & cerrone is a bad match up for him: bigger guy with better wrestling and grappling. conor's striking exposed by khabib etc

Back