This ABCDEFG level Athlete s*** has to stop

I agree. I prefer sea-level and explosive as terms more than this ABCDEFGH-shizzle.

Okay. Just wondering because he is Stephan Neal who defeated Brock Lesnar in a NCAA Wrestling match and went on to play for the Patriots while winning several Superbowl rings.

When you talk about looks, do you refer to how big the muscle of a man is or how defined he is muscular wise?

I talk about neither, I'm talking about his proportions and build. Many people criticize guys let's say for not having huge arms and big biceps (seems the reason why people say NBA players are A-level athlete, that and their height), when in reality the guy could have a good waist, good shoulder, huge back and strong torso which results in a lot of power, but since he doesn't have that bodybuilding look people will discredit him. As I said, look matters, but not everyone understand which look matters.

I talk about neither, I'm talking about his proportions and build. Many people criticize guys let's say for not having huge arms and big biceps (seems the reason why people say NBA players are A-level athlete, that and their height), when in reality the guy could have a good waist, good shoulder, huge back and strong torso which results in a lot of power, but since he doesn't have that bodybuilding look people will discredit him. As I said, look matters, but not everyone understand which look matters.

I get your point. Looks matters to the eyes of the ignorant but overall it does not really say much of the athlete.

Case in point, look at Michael Jordan and look at Overeem. Obviously we can both agree on who is the better athlete.

A good example of that is Daniel Cormier who is built like a firehydrant ( especially at HW ) but people discard/discredit or don't talk much about his athlecism because he is chubby ( same with Fedor ).. But if he always was a bit chubby even when younger and if he isn't/ or at least wasn't an "A Level " athlete in his wrestling days then I don't know who is

lol at those who take it seriously

I can't believe you're all still falling for that shit.

"I'm the highest ever. I'm the most weeded and boozed, and most coked champion there's ever been. I'm Tony Montana, I'm Rick James. My eyepokes are impetuous, my fingers are impregnable" - Jon Jones

BonesNose...

This is so epic i almost cried. Thank you man.

Sherdog ranks should be like "x" level athlete starting from Z and going towards A as your post count increases.I would just stop posting when I hit C-level athlete lol

Instead of stupid belts

[YT]iZDQ0-Zbpt8[/YT]

Look at how easily Tamba pushes Rener around, who's no small guy himself, just to get an idea how strong these A level athletes are, this guy getting a black belt is a scary thought.

Yall know "_ level athlete" started as a joke in the Sports Bar sub forum right? And then retards started getting trolled in the heavies and its miraculously become an actual thing somehow.

what about an H level athlete?

I'm pretty sure it's all just a joke, dude. That's how I've felt about it at least, everytime someone mentions level A, B, C etc.

Sherdog's insecurity about different degrees of athleticism is always amusing.

In that interview with Rhadi Ferguson discussing Ronda, even he acknowledges that there are different levels of athleticism and that Ronda is a top level athlete along with a technically elite judoka.

Every sport in the world knows that some people are more athletic than others and that training top athletes gets better results than training mid-level athletes. But on Sherdog, posters get scared at the idea that there might be better athletes in the world than those currently in MMA.

What if look (read : shape) wasn't the problem? What if look was actually a great way to understand a fighter, but the reason people keep saying Lebron is an A-level athlete and some MMA fighters is because they believe that his look is the best?

I'm sorry, but look is really important, and no, being tall with big biceps isn't the greatest physic ever.

Z level thread

Look at Jon Jones legs and try to tell me its his weak side.

BHXtDcxCEAAfZWS.jpg

Why does the shadow on the ground not show 4 plates on the bar?

Why does the shadow on the ground not show 4 plates on the bar?

That's not the shadow for the bar. Look at the shadow for his legs, the bar's shadow will be much higher but it's too dark to see.

A-level athlete:

lQeSwrt.jpg

F-level athlete:

yiqPXwa.gif

The thing in the first one weighs 100x times more and jumps 5x higher through water than the person in two could jump on land. You cannot possibly tell me that isn't a display of infinitely superior athleticism.

Back