Thinking of putting the house on Ciryl Gane

Fight will end in a No Contest after Gane pokes Derrick in the eyes.

talk me out of it please

at -335, this seems like a good bet

Ciryl Gane will pick Lewis apart everywhere. I love the Black Beast, but he has absolutely nothing to offer aside for praying for a 1 punch KO. Ciryl Gane is an experienced kickboxer and won't put himself in that kind of position

he also seems like a really good grappler too

Does Lewis have any shot aside from a 1 punch KO? I dont think so

I think this will be Lewis retirement fight after Gane mauls him

If these guys were fighting at featherweight, the skill gap would have Gane as a -800 favorite IMO
I won't say do it, but I will say this:

Gane isn't losing, bar a freak, freak, freak injury.

He won't get baited in, he won't rush a KO, he won't trade hands with Lewis.

Lewis is fucked, and those odds are great.

Anything's possible, but I refuse to believe Lewis will let this slide in front of his home crowd.

What can go wrong..

Bet the house on the guy with the most ko's in ufc history, who almost never gets finished, carries his power all fight, only needs one shot and has beaten a lot of better fighters on paper..

Common.., you serious? Do you not think this every black beast fight? I would just avoid getting on a fight with Derrick Lewis.

Any MMA fan that would put the house against Derrick Lewis never watches him fight. Only needs to hit you once square at any point inside of 15 minutes.... fools bet. But hey, you do you bruh
If Gane gets past 15 minutes, TS house might be safe...Gane can keep the pace for 25 minutes, I think Lewis empties the tank at 15...

BB is one of the strangest fighters i've seen in MMA

he's always losing until he wins. like he genuinely looks terrible at times (looks gassed but he's not; reacts badly to punches but doesn't quit) like he lulls guys into a false sense of security and then one-shots them later in the fight

Totally agree. He can play possum. Still think Gane's got this but with Lewis you never know until it's over.

Think about how that "one KO chance" happened in 80% of Lewis's fights and that might slow you down a bit.

Don't bet any more than you're willing to lose. MMA is a crazy sport, and when you're talking about heavyweight MMA, a Derrick Lewis who has the power to shut ANYONES lights off instantly with one shot fighting a guy who has only been fighting MMA for 3 years (regardless of how supremely talented and athletic he is)... anything can happen.

Put it this way - Derrick Lewis KOing Gane wouldn't even be close to the biggest upset of the year. Gane SHOULD win but don't count Lewis out.

Lewis is the worst guy in the entire organization to bet the house on. He can be getting his ass handed to him for 20 minutes and win by knockout. I expect Gane to win but my confidence is not that solid.

Honestly, picking apart Lewis and playing a "safe" game is danger. The best way to beat Lewis is get him out of there and eliminate his chances for blitzes. Gane has played the technical game very well, but Lewis will get to a point where he won't allow it.

talk me out of it please

at -335, this seems like a good bet

Ciryl Gane will pick Lewis apart everywhere. I love the Black Beast, but he has absolutely nothing to offer aside for praying for a 1 punch KO. Ciryl Gane is an experienced kickboxer and won't put himself in that kind of position

he also seems like a really good grappler too

Does Lewis have any shot aside from a 1 punch KO? I dont think so

I think this will be Lewis retirement fight after Gane mauls him

If these guys were fighting at featherweight, the skill gap would have Gane as a -800 favorite IMO

logical, but you have to consider

home advantage with a lot to prove is undeniable leverage in terms of momentum

and you already know, no one expected Lewis to KO volkov or blaydes like the way he did
The man has a knack for connecting, regardless of round and how fatigued he is

I'd say it's a good bet, but if you're thinking a decent stack... yea

The man has a knack for connecting, regardless of round and how fatigued he is
Regardless of how fatigued he is, OK, but relying a lot on the opponents getting tired or making egregious mistakes.

half the HW fights end in KO, and 85% of Lewis's fights end in KO, seems like you're better off taking Lewis at +300 or whatever his odds are today.

I wouldn’t bet on Ngannou or stipe against Derrick Lewis. Not even DC who already beat him.

Do it. What's the worst that could happen?

Back