Thinking of putting the house on Ciryl Gane

Lewis has a much better record against grapplers than he does against strikers..... if Lewis can't beat Hunt and JDS the chances of him beating Gane is pretty slim.

But up until Blaydes the "grapplers" he faced were all cans. Remember DC ragdolling the shit out of Lewis?

The only path to victory for Lewis is another Hail Mary. Gane has the choice of point fighting him or submitting him. But he has to be very careful of that Hail Mary.

You’re the dude who predicted that Usman was going to destroy Woodley - so perhaps you should back yourself. This fight is entirely winnable for Gane and he’s deservedly the fave. He’s great at being risk-averse that I just don’t see him being naive enough to succumb to a Derrick Lewis knockout.

talk me out of it please

at -335, this seems like a good bet

Ciryl Gane will pick Lewis apart everywhere. I love the Black Beast, but he has absolutely nothing to offer aside for praying for a 1 punch KO. Ciryl Gane is an experienced kickboxer and won't put himself in that kind of position

he also seems like a really good grappler too

Does Lewis have any shot aside from a 1 punch KO? I dont think so

I think this will be Lewis retirement fight after Gane mauls him

If these guys were fighting at featherweight, the skill gap would have Gane as a -800 favorite IMO
Those are horrible odds. You need to bet a lot to make some money and vs Black Beast that's a risky bet. You can risk less money and bet on Beast for a bigger payout. Unless you are that confident in Gane winning you can risk a huge chunk of cash on that bet.

talk me out of it please

Ciryl Gane will pick Lewis apart everywhere. I love the Black Beast, but he has absolutely nothing to offer aside for praying for a 1 punch KO. Ciryl Gane is an experienced kickboxer and won't put himself in that kind of position

If these guys were fighting at featherweight, the skill gap would have Gane as a -800 favorite IMO

FjtUQl.gif

you're going to get screwed nothing is guaranteed on HW, Derrick will win, never a man won by decision against Lewis.
Lewis has a much better record against grapplers than he does against strikers..... if Lewis can't beat Hunt and JDS the chances of him beating Gane is pretty slim.

Hunt and JDS have power, I don't know Gane very well I haven't studied his MT fights.

I watched his fight against Volkov and it was boring, if he has power he didn't show it in this fight.

I mean....it could be another Ngannou vs Lewis.....Oh wait, Lewis won..... Not sure i would bet the house on Cereal Gain.

talk me out of it please

Lewis has 25 minutes to land a single punch. He carries power late and has only really lost to better grapplers or other big hitters. He also won't chase Gane at any point unless he is hurt. The safer option would be a smaller bet on Lewis. He is never out of a fight at any point.

I'm one of the most loyal Gane fans here. Been predicting his championship run since his first two UFC appearances. Besides his obvious talents he is such a responsible and intelligent fighter that I don't see Lewis having any type of success with him whatsoever. BUT betting against Lewis is playing with fire. I wouldn't do it.

TS, I would advise against "betting the house" on any fighter, because we have saw how quickly referees have been to disqualify fighters in the past few months.

Derrick is not conditioned to go twenty-five minutes with an athlete of Ganes caliber, so if he is given the option of taking the easy way out he certainly will.

Gane, unlike Derrick, is a natural HW so his hands are significantly bigger than your average fighter; making accidental fouls like eye pokes far more common.

Last edited:
-330 is stupid to bet any large amount against Derrick Lewis. A heavyweight who has beaten Curtis Blaydes, Volkov and Ngannou. Yes, Gane is on a different level skill wise, but he is at a deficit when it comes to experience and power. If you have to bet on Gane, bet Gane to win by decision, at least get better odds for it.
The one sure thing on the card that I see is Torres/Hill going to a decision. Bet your house on that.

The safe money is Jan vs Glover, Yan vs Aljo. HW is the most risky division lol

He’s fighting possibly the most unpredictable fighter in the division bro. Don’t take your chances.

There are no sure fights in Heavyweight. It's no coincidence that the most Heavyweight title defenses is 3. Division has too much power. I wouldn't do it, bet a lot, but not the house. Maybe bet a bedroom or two.

He hasn't lost a decision since in the UFC, seems like you have to knock him out to beat him

He hasn't lost a decision since in the UFC, seems like you have to knock him out to beat him
Yeah... it's a bit of a stretch. Sure he didn't lose a decision, but that's mostly luck.

He got a close decision against Ivanov.
He got gifted a robbery W against Latifi.
He found a last KO against Volkov. Had Volkov stayed on his bike, he was losing a decision.
He delivered an awful performance against the most out of character version of Ngannou.

I can't see a single scenario where this fight goes the distance and Gane loses. Even if he broke both hands and had a point deduction, he would still win rounds on kicks alone.

The ”dollar store Gane” old man JDS beat Black Beast handily. He did get caught a couple of times but survived.

I think Gane will beat BB from pillar to post but I won’t be betting big money on it.

BB is one of the strangest fighters i've seen in MMA

he's always losing until he wins. like he genuinely looks terrible at times (looks gassed but he's not; reacts badly to punches but doesn't quit) like he lulls guys into a false sense of security and then one-shots them later in the fight

You seem like a well - adjusted guy who has his priorities on point. I support your decision.

Back