Think Merab Gets Decimated ...

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like Merab, and I like his funny videos. He's a real workhorse and seems cool.

But he got chicken-legged against the unlikable midget, Henry Cejudo, who is a smaller man.

I think Sugar Shane is going of light Dvalishvili's ass up, and finish him in an embarrassing style.

As good as Merab is, I am predicting it won't even be a contest due to the height/reach/skillset differential between him and O'Malley on the feet.

Thoughts?

I like Merab, and I like his funny videos. He's a real workhorse and seems cool.

But he got chicken-legged against the unlikable midget, Henry Cejudo, who is a smaller man.

I think Sugar Shane is going of light Dvalishvili's ass up, and finish him in an embarrassing style.

As good as Merab is, I am predicting it won't even be a contest due to the height/reach/skillset differential between him and O'Malley on the feet.

Thoughts?
Cejudo one shot KO-d Dillashaw. will be interesting to see how good Suga is at getting back up. Who has ever pushed him like that?

Honestly, prime Cejudo would've beaten him easily. Washed up Cejudo was getting the better of him before he gassed. With that said, it's going to come down to O'Malley's ability to control the distance and avoid the takedown. Merab shows against Cejudo that he has the gas tank to keep going at a high pace so you're not gonna be able to wait him out and let him run out of gas.

Hard to say really. It's easy for keyboard warriors to say merab just needs to pressure him, but Sean has proven masterful with his footwork and front kicks. He's exceptional at controlling distance and punishing people who pressure. Merab needs a better gameplan then "just shoot"

Ya, he’s just too small.

O’Malley’s height/length/reach will make it incredibly difficult for him to close the distance without eating shots.

I favor Sean too and think he gets a finish, but Merab definitely has a very, very good chance to spoil the party for the UFC and show us another evolution of Dana Pink(we got two so far in the last year or so with Strickland and Belal winning the title)

Merab has to start on his feet 5 times, theoretically. He's gonna get crackalacked all over the building. But he will get some TD's too and we'll see what he can do with those. Have to think Sean is going to be prepared for what Merab is bringing but the little midget don't quit. I think it's just a matter of time before Suga sends Merab into faceplant pose.

Merab being such a poor finisher might come back to haunt him this time. Sure he'll get his control time etc. but spending 25 minutes in the cage with Sean the likelihood of getting rocked at some point is rather high. A good sub game would really serve Merab here but he doesn't have it.

Then again after what happened the other night I could also see Merab getting his Belal moment. He did box up Yan pretty good.

This is a classic wrestler vs striker match up. IDK who gets the better of it, but whoever that's going to be I suspect we'll know pretty early.

If Sean can't establish his striking early he's going to have a hard night, because it does seem like Merab can spam takedowns infinitely.

Honestly, prime Cejudo would've beaten him easily. Washed up Cejudo was getting the better of him before he gassed. With that said, it's going to come down to O'Malley's ability to control the distance and avoid the takedown. Merab shows against Cejudo that he has the gas tank to keep going at a high pace so you're not gonna be able to wait him out and let him run out of gas.
Gassing his opponents is Merab's whole deal

Thoughts?
Merab gets caught way to easy to get outta the 1st rd with Sean imo (he'll be lucky to make it to the 2nd). His chin isn't the best either. Bet your funds on a 1st or 2nd rd ko.

Probably looks just like Leon vs Belal

Both fighters have a distinct chance here given their styles; I wouldn't touch this fight betting-wise with any significant money. As impressive as it was to see Shawn back Yan up and make him look uncomfortable & concerned standing (I would have had a hard time ever imagining Yan with the expression he had on his face during certain sequences of that fight), it was also impressive how well Yan controlled him on the ground despite having taken significant damage standing. Merab can do that and more, and I don't think Shawn's movement nor pop will be the same after even a round & a half of a grind like that.

Agree, Merab ugly ass style is tailor made to be caught by O'malley sniping shots.

Back