Think I pulled a muscle, effing hurts.

B

Brand Nizzle

Hurts!!! At kickboxing class on wensdaywe did a pretty good drill with a partner. We hooked up bungee straps around our chest that were connected to the floor, and walked forward until there was no slack, and our partner held up a Muay Thai shield infront of us and we would round kick it with our back leg. 2 minute drills, did it about 5 times each leg along with other drill stations. Anyway, ever since wensday my right lower adominals have been killling me real bad. At first I got nervice because I thought maybe it was my kidney or an intestinal thing, then I put the peices together and figured I pulled a muscle and it was from the class. IT is like right around the area where your hip comes down into your pubic region, that cool looking muscle that models have. Haha. Has anyone else ever experianced this kinda pain? Anyone know how long it takes to heal? I can barely get a good work out because it hurts like hel.

Wuss. lol Bye the way you do know your kidneys are at your backside, not in your abs right? Nah I'm just fuckin' with you. Anyone in here who has ever trained seriously has felt indescribable pains at some point. And the guys who post up here who are all "I've never been hurt training" have never trained. Emulating Saturday Morning Kung Fu flicks on your little sister doesn't count.

Haha aight, thx Kabuki. Yeah...I am just paranoid about my kidneys because of my dad...he blames my back pain on my kidneys which he blames on the supplements that I take AND lifting weights.....stupid.

Brand Nizzle said:
Hurts!!! At kickboxing class on wensdaywe did a pretty good drill with a partner. We hooked up bungee straps around our chest that were connected to the floor, and walked forward until there was no slack, and our partner held up a Muay Thai shield infront of us and we would round kick it with our back leg. 2 minute drills, did it about 5 times each leg along with other drill stations. Anyway, ever since wensday my right lower adominals have been killling me real bad. At first I got nervice because I thought maybe it was my kidney or an intestinal thing, then I put the peices together and figured I pulled a muscle and it was from the class. IT is like right around the area where your hip comes down into your pubic region, that cool looking muscle that models have. Haha. Has anyone else ever experianced this kinda pain? Anyone know how long it takes to heal? I can barely get a good work out because it hurts like hel.

I just pulled my main groin tendon a few weeks back. It actually impacts my lower abdomen wall also. The only thing you can do is light cardio and a lot of stretching for at least a week. The stretching of the area in question shouldn't go into the pain barrier... just enough where you feel a pull. Heat also helps to lenghten the muscle so it hurts less. Good luck.

BEEF said:
I just pulled my main groin tendon a few weeks back. It actually impacts my lower abdomen wall also. The only thing you can do is light cardio and a lot of stretching for at least a week. The stretching of the area in question shouldn't go into the pain barrier... just enough where you feel a pull. Heat also helps to lenghten the muscle so it hurts less. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice man, yeah, light cardio and heavy stretching is basically all I can do without risk of making the tear worse

Why do parents want to jump an blame the supplements ?

My mom gave me awhole 3rd degree once, thank goodness i buy my own shit now.

Im currently looking for a good kick boxing gym around here in Fl close to where i am.

Brand if i can give some advice (im sure u prolly already do this as a class)

Do some heavy stretching b4 ur training exercises, im talking 10- 15 min long. I dont think u pulled a muscle just went to intense without stretching properly. happens to me @ the gym with weight lifting.

Kabuki, jw, do you have a fighting record?

Not an Official one. I haven't boxed in anything resembling a sanctioned fight for quite some time. When I lived in Virginia the problem with my class (well not a problem to us but to all of the McDojo's who were scared shitless to spar us) is that what we were was really more of a rogue group of dedicated Martial Artists who got together at a school during off-hours and just took turns kicking the shit out of each other. We became known as guys who would frequent local tournaments (especially point-fighting ones) and badger the so-called Champs, and goad them into inviting us to their schools for sparring sessions or coming to ours (where we trained outdoors with no padding). It was fun but didn't do shit for my "official" credibility, which is why I've decided to turn Pro now. It's about time I get some fucking props I feel. We'll see.

Brand Nizzle said:
Thanks for the advice man, yeah, light cardio and heavy stretching is basically all I can do without risk of making the tear worse

Fuck I can't belive this shit. I almost layed off completly 3 weeks from sparring, and today pulled my damn groin again. I hate getting old(34). I don't know how Randy Cotoure(spelling?) does it.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. The whole lower right region of my abs hurt, it really feels like a tear, Idk if I should work out and do some shadow boxing or not. When I punch or kick at all it hurts a lot. I can tuff the pain but I don't want to tear it any worse. There is basically nothing I can do to speed up the healing . Sucks.

BEEF said:
Fuck I can't belive this shit. I almost layed off completly 3 weeks from sparring, and today pulled my damn groin again. I hate getting old(34). I don't know how Randy Cotoure(spelling?) does it.

I can relate man. I'm 35 and everytime I turn around I'm hurting something. It seems like just when I get back in a groove, I hurt something. It sucks. :icon_cry2

Funny, I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday. I walk like a goddamn retard and I'm completely unable to bend down and tie my shoes.

kabuki is like that hillbilly in the american flag outfit that punches the watermelon

kabuki is like that hillbilly in the american flag outfit that punches the watermelon

Dude what in the Hell are you talking about?

BEEF said:
I sympathise, I had a flair up of an old Muay thai injury to my left wrist a couple of weeks ago, it finally healed so i went to judo yesterday and somebody frops me on my shoulder and now i cant move either of my arms.
Dude what in the Hell are you talking about?
I believe this is a reference to a hilarious website run by a self appointed power punching coach for boxers who frankly has'nt got a scooby, he's this redneck who has a great video of him punching a watermelon while standing on one foot and looks like he's never hit a heavy bag in his life.

King Kabuki said:
Not an Official one. I haven't boxed in anything resembling a sanctioned fight for quite some time. When I lived in Virginia the problem with my class (well not a problem to us but to all of the McDojo's who were scared shitless to spar us) is that what we were was really more of a rogue group of dedicated Martial Artists who got together at a school during off-hours and just took turns kicking the shit out of each other. We became known as guys who would frequent local tournaments (especially point-fighting ones) and badger the so-called Champs, and goad them into inviting us to their schools for sparring sessions or coming to ours (where we trained outdoors with no padding). It was fun but didn't do shit for my "official" credibility, which is why I've decided to turn Pro now. It's about time I get some fucking props I feel. We'll see.

Pro-boxing or MT? From your posts you are heavily into both.

I was due to turn pro in MT (no great shakes, Not enough fighters in Ireland for amature level, so you gotta fight pro, Though that seems silly as there is no way you can make enough money to have it as your Profession, ah well) last march or so but tore an abductor muscle and have been out since.

Just started back on roadwork, etc and looking to put in a light training session down the gym tmw night. If that goes ok then hopefully I will be 3months or so away, barring relapse.

Cryogel is your friend.

Seriously, that stuff is amazing.

killer said:
I can relate man. I'm 35 and everytime I turn around I'm hurting something. It seems like just when I get back in a groove, I hurt something. It sucks. :icon_cry2

Ya haha sounds like me and im only 22 :O 1st broke my toe, then twisted my knee now pulled my back muscles WTF!

Pro-boxing or MT? From your posts you are heavily into both.

I was due to turn pro in MT (no great shakes, Not enough fighters in Ireland for amature level, so you gotta fight pro, Though that seems silly as there is no way you can make enough money to have it as your Profession, ah well) last march or so but tore an abductor muscle and have been out since.

Just started back on roadwork, etc and looking to put in a light training session down the gym tmw night. If that goes ok then hopefully I will be 3months or so away, barring relapse.

I did Muay Thai for a long time, but am choosing Pro Boxing as my career just because of the better and more solid financial opportunities. Even if I fought Muay Thai Pro I'd be more of a Boxer anyhow. A guy I trained with told me I was one of the only Martial Artists who kicks as hard as anyone, but hits with his hands harder than he kicks. So I think Boxing is the best choice to exploit that.

Back