Things you never thought you'd be interested in

Air Rifles and killing the absolute shit out of grey squirrels.

soccer and tennis but I still won't watch golf, mlb, nba, or nfl

About 12 years ago I built a cheap dresser with my father in law and my wife gave me the green light to buy a tablesaw and set up a shop area in the basement. Fast forward and now I've got literally everything I need to build just about any piece of furniture (with some space constraints...not going to be making conference tables or king size sleigh beds). I've built literally all the furniture in my house, and quite a few freestanding pieces and built ins in the homes of my friends and family as well.

Jumping head first into the world of mountain biking this summer as well. I got an excellent bike for the style of riding that I do and as I get more capable, I'll be grateful that I didn't buy a crappy bike. It's not Utah or British Columbia, but Wisconsin has some cool scenery out there off-road, and all the trail apps make things a lot less intimidating.

Awesome! What kind do you raise? I have African Nightcrawlers.
Red wrigglers, though I see some other guys in there too. I've heard the Africans are better aerators..
I started doing my own to experiment with feeds for a specific end result: very low potassium, very low iron.
Couple thoughts as a consumer-
I think there's a market for castings like that because they fit certain esoteric agricultural needs in the dope market (a.very big demographic) and no one is really meeting that need.
A lot of commercial castings, even the good ones, try to make the product better by making it very rich with NPK, which isn't really something I need in a casting; I don't use them for the npk, but rather the bacterial load and humic content. Also high iron seems to be prevalent as well, limiting the overall amount of castings I can use in a soil mix.
Also a couple things I would not mind seeing, but not really necessary:
Even though I said I don't want excess npk(mainly the K is problematic and also the Fe), high levels of digested P would be welcome, as well as calcium.

Red wrigglers, though I see some other guys in there too. I've heard the Africans are better aerators..
I started doing my own to experiment with feeds for a specific end result: very low potassium, very low iron.
Couple thoughts as a consumer-
I think there's a market for castings like that because they fit certain esoteric agricultural needs in the dope market (a.very big demographic) and no one is really meeting that need.
A lot of commercial castings, even the good ones, try to make the product better by making it very rich with NPK, which isn't really something I need in a casting; I don't use them for the npk, but rather the bacterial load and humic content. Also high iron seems to be prevalent as well, limiting the overall amount of castings I can use in a soil mix.
Also a couple things I would not mind seeing, but not really necessary:
Even though I said I don't want excess npk(mainly the K is problematic and also the Fe), high levels of digested P would be welcome, as well as calcium.
That's cool. I use pre-composted horse manure to raise them in to create my vermicompost.

Have you found yourself being interested in stuff that you'd never thought you'd be interested in?
For me, it's surfing. Growing up I had no interest in water sports besides the swimming occasionally for health. When I saw people surfing and catching waves, my reaction was always, "Why."

Then last year, I went on a trip with a couple friends to a beach with good waves and since it was cheap to rent surfing gear, they convinced me to try it. I was ambivalent to the idea and I thought I wouldn't really enjoy myself that much. But I was wrong. I finally understood the excitement of catching a wave.

My trip to the US is coming up and one of the things I'm most excited about is surfing again. I can't stop myself from watching youtube videos about surfing.

This makes me realize I should be open to trying out everything in life even if you don't think you'll enjoy it, because you never know that you might find yourself getting really into it.
Ghey secks

TS i also never really thought I would be that crazy about surfing. I've always been super into snowboarding and still am. I would always think the juice wasnt worth the squeeze paddling out into the water for a 5-15 second ride. Then I caught my first real wave and i have been obsessed like you since. Hopefully going out in a few days here
l.

Hunting. Never got a chance to hunt with my grandpa before he died so it was a sorespot to think about. I also didn’t really find the eastern American hunting practice very appealing (tree stands, “deer farming”, less public lands, etc). I went west and found that Western spot and stalk hunting is something that appealed to me a lot. Never looked back.
I used to hate the idea of hunting because i was brainwashed with the idea and hunters are just killers, but I of course grew up and realized the how bad animals in farms have it compared to the ones in the wild. I never hunted but I could see myself really getting into it if I did. I wish I lived in a country where it was more accessible.

So I've started growing my own food and raising animals for food. It's a very fulfilling change in my life and isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
fat chicks
Also have a lot of interest in this. What do you raise? I live in an apartment so I just have couple pots of herbs (basil, mint, cilantro) and I want to raise meal worms. Growing herbs for me was difficult. My cilantro and mint die all the time and my basil keeps getting bugs and some weird black spots. I think it's some of kind of plant disease. I planted new seeds and they still got them. I once tried to grow bell peppers and I failed miserably. I yielded one pepper before the plant died.

fat chicks
That and really young chicks. I had a strict type when I was younger and I only wanted to date women my age or older, but as I get older, my taste in woman has become broader. I don't care if they're 18 or 35, and I don't mind if they're a bit on the chubby side.

Marriage. And fatherhood. Time makes liars out of us all.

TS i also never really thought I would be that crazy about surfing. I've always been super into snowboarding and still am. I would always think the juice wasnt worth the squeeze paddling out into the water for a 5-15 second ride. Then I caught my first real wave and i have been obsessed like you since. Hopefully going out in a few days here
l.
Did you take lessons? The first time I did my friends, who never took lessons themselves, helped me. Now I'm watching youtube videos and hoping I'll figure it out on my own when I get there.
Snowboarding and skiing is another thing that I never cared for. But I might go on a trip this winter and hopefully it'll change my mind.

Did you take lessons? The first time I did my friends, who never took lessons themselves, helped me. Now I'm watching youtube videos and hoping I'll figure it out on my own when I get there.
Snowboarding and skiing is another thing that I never cared for. But I might go on a trip this winter and hopefully it'll change my mind.
snowboarding in real powder is probably one of the best experiences in life but takes a long time to get good enough for and you need the right days at the right mountain. I never took lessons but when i was in Nicaragua many of the locals helped me out casually. i always did board sports so standing up and balancing was easy AF for me and i can carve etc. What was and is still the hardest part for me is actually catching a wave. My first day surfing in over a year about a month ago in Portugal it took me all day to catch one. The next day was much better though.

The YouTube videos really helped me understand concepts. A big one i found though is just to paddle a few more strokes than you think you have to

I am giving up city life psychologically.

Finding the countryside much more appealing, agriculture, etc.

Have you found yourself being interested in stuff that you'd never thought you'd be interested in?
For me, it's surfing. Growing up I had no interest in water sports besides the swimming occasionally for health. When I saw people surfing and catching waves, my reaction was always, "Why."

Then last year, I went on a trip with a couple friends to a beach with good waves and since it was cheap to rent surfing gear, they convinced me to try it. I was ambivalent to the idea and I thought I wouldn't really enjoy myself that much. But I was wrong. I finally understood the excitement of catching a wave.

My trip to the US is coming up and one of the things I'm most excited about is surfing again. I can't stop myself from watching youtube videos about surfing.

This makes me realize I should be open to trying out everything in life even if you don't think you'll enjoy it, because you never know that you might find yourself getting really into it.
Women's MMA. When women's MMA was new I was totally uninterested and thought it was absurd. Gina changed my mind about that, and the rest is history.

Soccer.

And I was right.

I used to hate the idea of hunting because i was brainwashed with the idea and hunters are just killers, but I of course grew up and realized the how bad animals in farms have it compared to the ones in the wild. I never hunted but I could see myself really getting into it if I did. I wish I lived in a country where it was more accessible.

Also have a lot of interest in this. What do you raise? I live in an apartment so I just have couple pots of herbs (basil, mint, cilantro) and I want to raise meal worms. Growing herbs for me was difficult. My cilantro and mint die all the time and my basil keeps getting bugs and some weird black spots. I think it's some of kind of plant disease. I planted new seeds and they still got them. I once tried to grow bell peppers and I failed miserably. I yielded one pepper before the plant died.

That and really young chicks. I had a strict type when I was younger and I only wanted to date women my age or older, but as I get older, my taste in woman has become broader. I don't care if they're 18 or 35, and I don't mind if they're a bit on the chubby side.
I have herbs, chickens, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, green and black beans, peppers(jalapeno, sorano, Anaheim, habenero), zucchini, summer squash, apples, avocado, and melons. I have about two acres dedicated to growing. It's not hard for just me to maintain and is enough food that I don't need to shop often.

Back