Things you never thought you'd be interested in

Curling. Ridiculous sport, but my wife got me into it and now I'm hooked.

actually yeah.

Have a few drinks, and watch womens curling on TV, its kinda surreal.

1. It serves no purpose; it doesn't work as a proxy for any other athletic endeavor.
2. The slider woman position always messes up, and then its frantic energy expended to try to make their obvious mistake not look like a mistake.
3. The prettiest girls absolutely are the worst at it, but still somehow make it on the team.
4. They assume unnecessarily aesthetic positions when doing simple things.

Its like a metaphor for everything annoying about women, but also, they're sweeping like crazy.

Its crazy. I love it.

actually yeah.

Have a few drinks, and watch womens curling on TV, its kinda surreal.

1. It serves no purpose; it doesn't work as a proxy for any other athletic endeavor.
2. The slider woman position always messes up, and then its frantic energy expended to try to make their obvious mistake not look like a mistake.
3. The prettiest girls absolutely are the worst at it, but still somehow make it on the team.
4. They assume unnecessarily aesthetic positions when doing simple things.

Its like a metaphor for everything annoying about women, but also, they're sweeping like crazy.

Its crazy. I love it.

I never thought of it this way, but now I think I know what's gonna be on the telly during the next shroom sesh...

Tiny houses, campervan conversions.

Growing up I always envisioned myself in mansions and shit.

After 10 years in a 1600 sq ft house that constantly nickel & dimes the shit out of me, I want 850 - 1000 sq ft on like 200 acres.

I'd like to travel the states in a campervan that I converted myself.

Design and home improvement. I'm basically the wife of the family when it comes to home decor and renovations. Only thing that sucks is my cheapness gets into the way of my vision so I have to constantly compromise. Joanna Gaines got nothing on me!

Like someone else said above, I've lost so many interests and hobbies as I got older. I stopped skateboarding, playing guitar, making art, practicing martial arts, video games, etc. I just don't have the interest to do any of that stuff anymore.

Curling. Ridiculous sport, but my wife got me into it and now I'm hooked.

Yeah mate good call. I wasn't too bothered about it before but a group of us went to Estonia earlier this year and booked a few hours curling. It was mad fun and a great laugh, i'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
It's sort of the opposite for me, i'm losing interest in a few things. Like watching the NFL. I probably won't watch this season.

But yeah, since we got a house, I've been interested in a bit of gardening and making sure my grass is green.

Also, i'm pretty sure there's marijuana growing in a part of the garden. So i'm very interested to see how that pans out. I'm gonna replant it to backyard though
Design and home improvement. I'm basically the wife of the family when it comes to home decor and renovations. Only thing that sucks is my cheapness gets into the way of my vision so I have to constantly compromise. Joanna Gaines got nothing on me!
One of my absolute favorite things to do is go to Home Depot and find a project to do around the house. I think I'm gonna completely redo the garage this Fall to something like this and I can't fucking wait

craftsman-garage.jpg

I never thought I'd be that guy. I couldn't do so much as drive a nail just a few years ago

One of my absolute favorite things to do is go to Home Depot and find a project to do around the house. I think I'm gonna completely redo the garage this Fall to something like this and I can't fucking wait

craftsman-garage.jpg

I never thought I'd be that guy. I couldn't do so much as drive a nail just a few years ago

That would be sick. Do you plan to run ac/heater to the garage too? Our garage is just used for storage and parking our 2 cars. I've been thinking about building my own space efficient gym on one side of the garage, but when it gets real hot (or real cold) it may not be the best environment to lift in. I could use the guest room downstairs and turn it into a gym, but rather not do that either. That's why we all need 3 car garages at the very least, ideally 4 car... :)

craftsman-garage.jpg

post pics of the process, it's gonna look awesome. I plan on either putting those thin hard rubber tiles all over the garage, or just epoxy seal with a bit of color for the whole thing.

Cooking. Growing up my moms ideas of cooking was beans and weenies, spaghetti o’s, and cereal for dinner. Became a chef for a brief period and my co workers all had stories about cooking with their grandmas and generational recipes. I was like, “Did you hear Hormel is coming out with new TV dinners?”

Sewing. I’m a dude and love quilting and sewing, don’t be scared homie.

Hunting. Never got a chance to hunt with my grandpa before he died so it was a sorespot to think about. I also didn’t really find the eastern American hunting practice very appealing (tree stands, “deer farming”, less public lands, etc). I went west and found that Western spot and stalk hunting is something that appealed to me a lot. Never looked back.

Clicking the Like button on Sherdog. It's addicting. I can't wait until I have more likes than messages.

Baking. I was never any kind of foodie, but after having a family, I'm suddenly super interested in making the best quality bread for my kids.

Working out. When I was young I just played sports for fun and that was all it was to me. Now I'll beat myself up if three days pass without me getting some kind of exercise and I'm always interested in learning new tricks/moves/exercises. Probably it's due to getting older and not taking health for granted.

Nature. I moved out of the city a few years ago and we now live close enough to the woods that I can see them from my study window. I try to get out there three times a week even in winter and I always enjoy it. 10 years ago I thought city life was the best life possible.

Baking. I was never any kind of foodie, but after having a family, I'm suddenly super interested in making the best quality bread for my kids.

Working out. When I was young I just played sports for fun and that was all it was to me. Now I'll beat myself up if three days pass without me getting some kind of exercise and I'm always interested in learning new tricks/moves/exercises. Probably it's due to getting older and not taking health for granted.

Nature. I moved out of the city a few years ago and we now live close enough to the woods that I can see them from my study window. I try to get out there three times a week even in winter and I always enjoy it. 10 years ago I thought city life was the best life possible.

What state?

Back