Things that you love and hate about the city/country you live in?

Hawaii.

Love: Food, girls, surf and weather

Hate: Lousy drivers, ignorant people, traffic

Low crime, nice buildings and architecture, decent shops.

Boring, flooding.

Seattle

Pros: Beet summers ever-Natural beauty-Nice surrounding areas-Good money to be made

Cons: Expensive as hell-Horrible traffic-Crappy drivers-Overrated eateries-Lots of Far left crazies

One of the places I want to visit most along with Barcelona

Barcelona is badass! Get out there when you can. Going back soon and will make a visit to the Canary Islands also for a few weeks. I'm in Ireland since early Sept from San Jose for a year and I can fly from Dublin to Barcelona for like 100 euro. Stupid cheap high quality food and wine all over the country. Being a California wetto that's speaks near perfect Spanish makes traveling easy and meeting gorgeous, great woman really fun there. Went to Cartagena by train with a girl I met there which was her home town and had a unbelievable time there. They have awesome no nonsense attitudes. So I totally recommend going!

Only bad was butthurt Spanish guys who talk shit about you right next to you in Spanish. I always respond to them, the look on there face is priceless. What's even funnier is when they say sorry I thought you were English! wth lol! They are always the younger fellows. Older guys are super nice and love to chat and help you anyway they can if you ask.

I live in Vancouver.

Like:
- Great climate overall
- Beautiful outdoor environment
- Good food all around
- Economy is decent compared to rest of Canada

Dislike:
- Extremely expensive real estate prices
- Too many recent Chinese immigrants, related to high housing prices
- Asian fucking drivers, probably gonna kill me one day
- Some really sad areas with heavy concentration of homeless and drug addicts

Vancouver. I don't have time for the things I like right now, but......

too-damn-high.jpg

Vancouver allowed any and every Chinese businessman buy as much property in your city as they wanted. They own a HUGE chunk of your city bought with cash to simply rent it, sit on it or let their spoiled rotten kids live in them while they go to school or play.

The portfolios of the Chinese is always at least 50% real estate. The exact same thing has been going on In Sydney, San Francisco and San Jose where I was born and raised. They own big chunks of all those cities and are the leading cause of all those cities being four out of the five most expensive places to live in the world. Hong Kong fittingly being El Número Uno. They are really really shitty, careless landlords to top it all off. Add the whole "Silicone Valley" factor and in over a period of 12 years the city has literally been gutted of its middle class.

Homelessness and crime is rising fast in what used to be one of the safest big cities in the country. Rumors of close to a half a million undocumented residents would seem very true due to the traffic and extra crowded feel of most of the city. i.e. No parking and bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour in the suburbs and It's becoming more and more like LA without the women, they don't call it "Man Jose" for nothing. There is simply more dudes than chicks here and a lot of women are kinda stuck up here and it has made for a more unfunny than fun place to be living. So I got the fuck out and went to Ireland to spend a year with my parents who came out here in 2002 from SJ, one of my sisters and her two boys are here also. They came out to Cali in 77 from Ireland and London. but yeah...

San Jose

The good.
-Great year round weather, gets a tad hot in the late summer but that's it really.
-Close to lots of cool things to do, beach, hiking, sporting events, good restaurants.
-Overall it's pretty chill and safe. That's unfortunately been changing for the worse.

The bad
-see above

Ireland countryside town population 5500 where I'm at now.

The good.
-The farm fresh food is on a whole other level of deliciousness. Eggs pork beef is so damn good. Fish n chips too.
-Everyone has a good head on their shoulders, is funny and super friendly. Genuine people full of heart.
-Super quiet where I'm at, crisp clear clean air and stellar drinking water from our own aquifer under the land we're at. Really nice to have Fiji like water on tap.
-Great looking fine ass women everywhere, who are anything but shy; forward even, with that killer Irish accent. All drink my ass under the table too.
-Cheap to travel all over Europe. Going to go back to Spain and the Netherlands. Also planning on going to Prague and Oslo in the coming months.
-It's different in all the right ways.

The bad

-Not to sure yet, what comes to mind is...
-it's about to get cold and wet.
-It's a lot slower paced then I'm used to.

-Shitty pizza, No Mexican or Latin American food, no Pho noodle soup n Vietnamese sandwiches to be found anywhere!

:)

I think the only thing I like about my city is that I grew up here. Other than that it's kind of shitty. @Clippy

new hampshire
pros : its new hampshire
cons : its new hampshire

I think the only thing I like about my city is that I grew up here. Other than that it's kind of shitty. @Clippy

Same

WTF @ Loch Lomand road being closed I could have used a head up. I got into a traffic fuck up earlier

My favourite part about this place is driving away from it to anywhere remote and country-like, and there's plenty of that around us on a short drive

And covered bridges

Hear about the excavator that fell through one?

Same

WTF @ Loch Lomand road being closed I could have used a head up. I got into a traffic fuck up earlier

My favourite part about this place is driving away from it to anywhere remote and country-like, and there's plenty of that around us on a short drive

And covered bridges

Hear about the excavator that fell through one?

Yeah I did hear about that. I think they might be working on a water line tie in at silver falls. I worked on it before it hit the road this summer.

Yeah I did hear about that. I think they might be working on a water line tie in at silver falls. I worked on it before it hit the road this summer.

And you didn't tell me :p

Germany:

Pros:
Hot women
Women show a lot of interest in me for being black and American
Good beer
A lot of festivals
Travelling around Europe is cheap

Cons:
I have a GF so I can't take advantage of the hot women liking me
Because theres so many festivals and the beer is good, I've gained 30lbs since I got here
The food is absolute garbage

Back